+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Baseball Supers and CWS

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: NCAA Baseball Supers and CWS

OM 4 Okla 2

Ole Miss wins National Championship.

One of the last 4 in the tourney, last one standing.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

My dad said that OU got robbed of a run early. Runner called out for phantom interference

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    My dad said that OU got robbed of a run early. Runner called out for phantom interference
    Your dad is wrong. The runner was clearly inside the baseline. Replays confirmed it. The right call was made.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Your dad is wrong. The runner was clearly inside the baseline. Replays confirmed it. The right call was made.
    The batter could have been called out but the runner had crossed the plate prior to the collision at 1st, and besides the runner coming off of 3rd had nothing to do with the "interference" at 1st base. Run should have stood. Stupid call, stupid rule. Oklahoma got jobbed. That said I was rooting for Ole Miss...well, sort of...but as an objective observer, OK got robbed.

Just another stupid rule in baseball, which for such a simple game, has a bunch of arbitrary rules.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The batter could have been called out but the runner had crossed the plate prior to the collision at 1st, and besides the runner coming off of 3rd had nothing to do with the "interference" at 1st base. Run should have stood. Stupid call, stupid rule. Oklahoma got jobbed. That said I was rooting for Ole Miss...well, sort of...but as an objective observer, OK got robbed.

Just another stupid rule in baseball, which for such a simple game, has a bunch of arbitrary rules.
    No, the run should not have counted. The play was called correctly according to the rules. If coaches don’t like the rule, get it changed.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

+ 100yr rules “arbitrary”. Funny!

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    OM 4 Okla 2

Ole Miss wins National Championship.

One of the last 4 in the tourney, last one standing.
    I think I heard they were the very last team in. But all you need sometimes is a chance. Three in a row for the SEC and 4 of the last 5. It is the SEC's world, they just let the rest of us live in it. At least for now.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    + 100yr rules “arbitrary”. Funny!
    Nothing arbitrary or funny about it. Batter/runner is out and all other runners must return to where they started as if the play never happened. That's the penalty for obstruction.

This is one type of play that rarely gets enforced without replay because most college umpires just aren't good enough to recognize when the call needs to be made.

It was a devastating call against Oklahoma because that was basically the only way a run wasn't going to score. But it was blatant obstruction since the runner's last two strides both clearly landed in fair territory out of the running lane. The lane is there for a reason and must be adhered to. The play would not have been overturned if the runner had landed one of those last two steps inside the lane.
    Last edited by FriscoDawg; 06-29-2022 at 05:00 PM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Nothing arbitrary or funny about it. Batter/runner is out and all other runners must return to where they started as if the play never happened. That's the penalty for obstruction.

This is one type of play that rarely gets enforced without replay because most college umpires just aren't good enough to recognize when the call needs to be made.

It was a devastating call against Oklahoma because that was basically the only way a run wasn't going to score. But it was blatant obstruction since the runner's last two strides both clearly landed in fair territory out of the running lane. The lane is there for a reason and must be adhered to. The play would not have been overturned if the runner had landed one of those last two steps inside the lane.

I would never complain about the basic and well aged baseball rules. I've seen this missed many more times that called so as a former catcher, I LOVE it when I see it called. I was coached to hit the runner in the back with a the ball on a bunt or slow roller if he was inside the line.

I also think replay is BS unless they decide to use it behind the plate where there is actually no margin for error.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I would never complain about the basic and well aged baseball rules. I've seen this missed many more times that called so as a former catcher, I LOVE it when I see it called. I was coached to hit the runner in the back with a the ball on a bunt or slow roller if he was inside the line.

I also think replay is BS unless they decide to use it behind the plate where there is actually no margin for error.
    Replay isn't needed for balls and strikes. The original ball/strike calls should be made electronically. The technology is there, and plate umpires demonstrate that is needed every time a batter is rung up on a pitch that passes the front of the plate either fully over the opposite batter's box line or actually in the opposite batter's box. And in college baseball that happens at least once a game if not more.

I get tired hearing commentators talk about an umpire's strike zone. There is one strike zone specified in the rules for each batter, and it is the plate umpire's job to call pitches by the book. Even if the available technology isn't used in games, it should be used to certify whether an umpire is competent enough to be a plate umpire.
    Last edited by FriscoDawg; 06-30-2022 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Replay isn't needed for balls and strikes. .
    I agree. Replay isn't needed at all unless you enjoy longer games.

I agree. Replay isn't needed at all unless you enjoy longer games.
    But as we have seen, replay is needed because the umpires just aren't good enough. And replay needs to be expanded to cover calls like the batter being out of the batter's box when contact is made. One of the clearest replay calls there could be isn't covered under the current rules.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t mind replay in any sport. However, I think the rule should be that a review can only take a total of 60 seconds. Stop play, review, rule, and restart play. If the clock rolls past 60, the call and situation on the field stands as called no matter what.

Balls and strikes can make all the difference in a game, but using the most reliable device to call them is taboo.

Wake me up when we go to behind the plate robots instead of the inconsistent replay system the NCAA idiots put in place.

I didn’t realize until tonight that every half inning in extra innings starts with a runner on 2nd in MLB.

What a bunch of candy ass pussies.

+ Reply to Thread