+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wyly Tower status?

Puppy jpw67 is an unknown jpw67's Avatar

LaTech Wyly Tower status?

Does anyone know the latest on Wyly Tower? There was a lot of talk around 2016 or so about replacing it, but it's been really quiet since. Have they decided to remediate the building instead of replacing it?

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

Re: Wyly Tower status?

Tower has been placed as a lower priority at this time by the University. I would expect not much will be done for some few years, other than necessary maintenance.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

The worse, IMO, conceived building on campus. All of the very tall buildings were mistakes, but at least the dorms have been removed. Carson-Taylor in my time (fall 64 to spring 69) was my least favorite building.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    The worse, IMO, conceived building on campus. All of the very tall buildings were mistakes, but at least the dorms have been removed. Carson-Taylor in my time (fall 64 to spring 69) was my least favorite building.
    I don't know. Isn't the rumor that it was a great place to put a telescope?

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

They put a new roof on Wyly a couple years ago

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darbonnedawg View Post
    They put a new roof on Wyly a couple years ago
    The president can't have a leaky roof above his office.

But seriously Wyly needs to go. Wasn't a major problem with Wyly was that the local fire department doesn't have the equipment to reach fires on the top floors?

Hopefully they can raze Wyly/Prescott library and in it's place they rebuild Old Main. The building wouldn't be big enough for a library but hopefully the plans would include razing the bookstore as well and building the new Prescott library there. The Quad deserves historic looking buildings to complete the look of the historical center of campus. This is of course if Tech had unlimited money so probably not going to happen.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I don't know what our strategic plans regarding campus infrastructures, the below needs renovation or total replacements.

Carson-Taylor Hall
    George T Madison
    Woodard Hall

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I don't know what our strategic plans regarding campus infrastructures, the below needs renovation or total replacements.

Carson-Taylor Hall
    George T Madison
    Woodard Hall
    Also Robinson

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I had a class on the 11th floor of Wyly and soon learned forget about getting to class on time via the regular elevators. So, I rode the express elevator to the 16th floor then walked down 5 flights. Did the same thing in reverse to get out of the white ivory tower.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

Carson-Taylor Hall
    George T Madison
    Woodard Hall
    Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    Also Robinson
    And Howard.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I'm staying out of this.

But yall know what I think,

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I'm staying out of this.

But yall know what I think,
    Yeah, we know, you would prefer a whole campus of tall white buildings

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yeah, we know, you would prefer a whole campus of tall white buildings
    especially if they're real old!

+ Reply to Thread