+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recommended portal changes

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Recommended portal changes

@PeteThamel: NCAA transformation committee sent schools some of the recommendations that will be made to the NCAA DI Board of Directors. Of most interest, specifics on the creation of 60-day transfer windows.

a. Fall sports. Two windows (fall – 45 days after championship segment; spring – 15 days beginning with May 1).

b. Spring sports. One 60-day window after the championship segment.
    i. If an SA enters the portal outside the window, they have to serve as year in residence upon transfer.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Recommended portal changes

The windows are fine. What isn't fine is unlimited use of the portal.

Each student-athlete should have one free transfer and one for cause (coaching change, scholarship not renewed, family hardship, etc.) where they would be eligible immediately. Any transfer after the second one should require the year in residence like the proposed out-of-window transfers.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the 1 transfer should be for the reasons you state. No free transfer just because. If you transfer just because, then you sit a year.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I think the 1 transfer should be for the reasons you state. No free transfer just because. If you transfer just because, then you sit a year.
    I'd prefer that, but I'm afraid the genie has been out of the bottle too long to stuff it back in. We'll be lucky to ever get it down to one free transfer and one transfer for cause.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

https://web1.ncaa.org/committees/com...ame=1TRANSFCOM a list of the woke over achievers.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    I'd prefer that, but I'm afraid the genie has been out of the bottle too long to stuff it back in. We'll be lucky to ever get it down to one free transfer and one transfer for cause.
    No doubt blocking transfers or making players sit out a year is finished. The NCAA learned the hard way that they are no where near as powerful as they thought. I mean they got their butts kicked on NIL 9-0. That's quite an accomplishment. They would be wise to negotiate change moving forward with the athletes. But still to many dinosaurs left. For better or worse, college athletics has changed.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    No doubt blocking transfers or making players sit out a year is finished. The NCAA learned the hard way that they are no where near as powerful as they thought. I mean they got their butts kicked on NIL 9-0. That's quite an accomplishment. They would be wise to negotiate change moving forward with the athletes. But still to many dinosaurs left. For better or worse, college athletics has changed.
    More proof of the lack of control the NCAA has after decades of mismanagement. Unlimited transfers, 4 years, 4 schools. No problem.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ultiple-times/

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if there is a scenario where the wrong school gets screwed enough times and they have enough influence to make changes. What if Alabama loses several 5 star starters a few years in a row to, say Oregon. Kids know Nike is going to make them rich in the first year.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if there is a scenario where the wrong school gets screwed enough times and they have enough influence to make changes. What if Alabama loses several 5 star starters a few years in a row to, say Oregon. Kids know Nike is going to make them rich in the first year.
    That is exactly what it will take. Nothing else will change it.

How much has Nike spent so far at Oregon?

Or even Phil Knight (he has $40 billion) for that matter?

+ Reply to Thread