+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memory Lane: 25 Years Ago, Beating Bama

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Re: Memory Lane: 25 Years Ago, Beating Bama

I watched this one, and I watched the Tech vs Fresno games (thanks Historian), and loved seeing us beat them twice when they were ranked, especially seeing the goal posts come down (It's weird that Louisiana and California teams could form that rivalry and competitiveness. Still remember the "Battle For The Bone" . That doesn't even happen these days, even with USM. Cal game was classic too. I have to honestly say pre-Skip, I was more excited about Tech football. It was go anywhere and beat anyone, rather than beat the lower dregs of the CUSA conference and then beat a good team in a bowl. Dare I say, I preferred the WAC when we were there? I hated the late games, but we really did have some grit. Hopefully Cumbie will bring it back. We did have some great highlights then.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    I watched this one, and I watched the Tech vs Fresno games (thanks Historian), and loved seeing us beat them twice when they were ranked, especially seeing the goal posts come down (It's weird that Louisiana and California teams could form that rivalry and competitiveness. Still remember the "Battle For The Bone" . That doesn't even happen these days, even with USM. Cal game was classic too. I have to honestly say pre-Skip, I was more excited about Tech football. It was go anywhere and beat anyone, rather than beat the lower dregs of the CUSA conference and then beat a good team in a bowl. Dare I say, I preferred the WAC when we were there? I hated the late games, but we really did have some grit. Hopefully Cumbie will bring it back. We did have some great highlights then.
    Agreed. It was tough to travel in the WAC, but it was a much better atmosphere playing Boise, Fresno, Hawaii and Nevada. We haven’t had anything like that since we left the WAC.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

It’s always fun to mention to Alabama fans that Tech’s lifetime record against the Elephants is 3-2. That look they always give you is priceless.

http://www.winsipedia.com/louisiana-tech/vs/alabama

+ Reply to Thread