+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Tech Past - Tech vs. Boise State - 1998

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

In Tech Past - Tech vs. Boise State - 1998

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: In Tech Past - Tech vs. Boise State - 1998

So much could be said about this game.

Troy Edwards at his best. Also, James Jordan's best game at Tech.

The defense, which struggled that entire season, was outstanding in the first half.

Boise was coming off of a win over Utah.

Boise backup QB Bryan Harsin took the field at the 2:47 mark.

The game-winning touchdown from Tech's win at Boise in 1997 is shown in the introduction in the first minute.

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to the Oklahoma State win in Shreveport.

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

The VHS conversion does look really good, though. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jharris View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to the Oklahoma State win in Shreveport.
    If we could ever find it. Trust me, I've asked!

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    If we could ever find it. Trust me, I've asked!
    Oh sorry, I thought you had it. I can't believe the AD hasn't released a nice 10-minute video of it (and for each of our big wins) on youtube.

Also, the touchdown shown in the intro is one by Boise State. Nevermind, they do show a BSU TD first and then the Tech one.

Didn't Boise State tear down the goal posts when they finally beat us?

Cool that those Idaho broadcasters traveled all that way to cover their home team's game. Funny hearing them talk about the humidity and the distance to New Orleans. They did not get revenge...until the next year into perpetuity (so far).

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Oh sorry, I thought you had it. I can't believe the AD hasn't released a nice 10-minute video of it (and for each of our big wins) on youtube.

Also, the touchdown shown in the intro is one by Boise State. Nevermind, they do show a BSU TD first and then the Tech one.

Didn't Boise State tear down the goal posts when they finally beat us?
    Tech having audio-visual files for archivel purposes?

That's a joke? Right?

If it werent for Karl Terrebonne walking by the field house dumpster one day lots of my photos would be buried deep at the landfill along with serveral championship trophies, game films, etc. (Some AD and football coach felt it wasn't needed.)
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Puppy Dawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the rough

Look at that grass field!! I kind of miss it.

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

That's a joke? Right?

If it werent for Karl Terrebonne walking by the field house dumpster one day lots of my photos would be buried deep at the landfill along with serveral championship trophies, game films, etc. (Some AD and football coach felt it wasn't needed.)
    We tried for years to get materials from Athletics for the Library archives, with no luck! What we did get was in terrible condition, in many cases unsalvagable.

That's a joke? Right?

For me the Holy Grail is the ABC games from the late 60s through the early 70s.

Tech became Tech with all those games in December in the College Division playoffs. With the regular season over and no other football on TV until the late December and New Year's bowl games, the entire country tuned in to some of those games in early and mid December.

ABC did a good job of keeping its video in New York. I'd love to see us do what Texas did. Obtain it from ABC, restore it, digitize it, and create a file that looks better than the original broadcast.

But for now I'll settle for Oklahoma State in 2002.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

My next door next door neighbor was an Okie grad and die hard fan. He talked to me a few days before the game not so humbly. I waited for a few days after that game and nothing out of him. I finally mentioned the game to him and he said (sheepishly) he was wondering when I would bring it up. I didn't mention it anymore as I didn't want to wear it out.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

That's a joke? Right?

How pathetic.

And they wonder why attendance sucks, when the people running the program itself don't even value what they've produced.

Speaking of attendance sucking, how about that sorry crowd in the BSU game? Sad. Though I've never understood why they'd ever schedule a day game before October, because, for most people, baking in the sun is not their idea of a good time.

How pathetic.

And they wonder why attendance sucks, when the people running the program itself don't even value what they've produced.

Speaking of attendance sucking, how about that sorry crowd in the BSU game? Sad. Though I've never understood why they'd ever schedule a day game before October, because, for most people, baking in the sun is not their idea of a good time.
    We were 2-3 at the time. The thinking was that Boise would struggle with the heat.

And they did in a big way.

That's a joke? Right?

About 10 years ago, Tech reached out to many people they thought would have material in an effort to build the archives. I loaned them everything I had to copy. I know they have the archives of Dr. Bundrick and others, as well.

+ Reply to Thread