+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Collectives

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Collectives

Does Tech have an NIL Collective supporting its athletes?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Collectives

I guess that’s a no. There are more than 120 collectives in operation or in the process of being formed. It’s the only way to stay competitive.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

By their very nature, collectives likely circumvent the NIL rules that are supposed to be in place. Doesn't say much for enforcing the rules that are in place.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    By their very nature, collectives likely circumvent the NIL rules that are supposed to be in place. Doesn't say much for enforcing the rules that are in place.
    There are NIL rules?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I guess that’s a no. There are more than 120 collectives in operation or in the process of being formed. It’s the only way to stay competitive.
    You are a very efficient poster. You asked and answered your own question in less than 18 hours.

As far as 120 collectives go, many schools have more than one collective. I think the University of Texas at Austin leads the way with four. And many of these collectives have no money, just offering advising and/or marketing services to athletes. My understanding is Tech is offering that in-house through the athletic department. How effective that will be? I have no idea.

As for a collective with money to offer, that is going to be a giant challenge. We already have one of the smallest athletic budgets which puts us far behind. I think NIL might be a back breaker to Tech and others in our poor financial situation.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    There are NIL rules?
    Yeah about the same rules as you have with your job. The NCAA is trying to say you cannot negotiate a deal to play at a certain school until after you get there, but there is this nasty 9-0 Supreme Court ruling hanging over their head.

The NCAA letting this go to the Supreme Court instead of compromising with the players beforehand will go down as the worst decision in sports history. To the Boson Red Socks, you are off the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    You are a very efficient poster. You asked and answered your own question in less than 18 hours.

As far as 120 collectives go, many schools have more than one collective. I think the University of Texas at Austin leads the way with four. And many of these collectives have no money, just offering advising and/or marketing services to athletes. My understanding is Tech is offering that in-house through the athletic department. How effective that will be? I have no idea.

As for a collective with money to offer, that is going to be a giant challenge. We already have one of the smallest athletic budgets which puts us far behind. I think NIL might be a back breaker to Tech and others in our poor financial situation.
    True, several of the P5's have more than one collective. There are a lot of creative ways to set these up - they can be for-profit or non-profit. Here is a link to some very informative information regarding Collectives:

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/what-ar...-they-operate/

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
      True, several of the P5's have more than one collective. There are a lot of creative ways to set these up - they can be for-profit or non-profit. Here is a link to some very informative information regarding Collectives:

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/what-ar...-they-operate/
      I agree very good info and lots of it. So what do you think are realistic goals for Tech in this area?

+ Reply to Thread