+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 0 Games

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: Week 0 Games

I think it has more to do with the state of college football as a whole. The ship has sailed for teams like us in the era of super conferences and paid players. Throw in multiple seasons of Holtz ball and we are where we are today.

Varsity Bulldog raam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of light

I read that Frost's buyout goes down by half sometime in October, unless he wins everything between now and then, he'll be gone at midnight when that kicks in.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy View Post
    I'm somewhat surprised they didn't pull a USC/Kiffin and leave him in Dublin.
    Something like that rarely happens. That was really more a classless Pat Haden thing. I wouldn't have been shocked if he was fired yesterday. But they were probably travelling, but today isn't over. He probably hangs on a little longer.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Not if makes another dumb onside kick call or two like yesterday.

But still a chance to turn the season around if the Cornhuskers can win at home against North Dakota and Georgia Southern and not be embarrassed at home by Oklahoma. 2-2 at the first open date with winnable games vs Indiana, at Rutgers, and at Purdue next. Then another open date before winnable home games against Illinois and Minnesota. If Nebraska can get to 7-2 before at Michigan, Wisconsin, and at Iowa to close, 8-4 might be enough to give him another year. Much less and he is probably gone.

Really would like to see Frost survive until at least September 23 next year when Tech goes to Lincoln.
    7 and 2!?!?!? I type that like Jim Mora saying "playoffs?" If Nebraska gets to 7-2 Frost would be the front runner for Big 10 COY at that moment. Beating Purdue would be a big upset. Games against Rutgers, Indiana, Illinois and Minnesota might be winnable games, but are also very losable games. I really don't care what happens at Nebraska, but I don't think Whipple is going to able to save everyone's job.

You should enter the BB&B pick 'em contest.

Hawai'i and Wyoming were both built up big and both fell flat.

Western Kentucky at is Hawai'i this week, but the Tops didn't exactly impress at times yesterday either against Austin Peay.

UTEP didn't show up in the second half after being down just 14-13 to North Texas.

FAU looked the part after it overcame a quick Charlotte start.
    Who built up Hawaii and Wyoming? Both were double digit underdogs. Hawaii is the consensus pick for worst MWC team, with Wyoming not far behind. Not too mention Hawaii has a head coach who is getting OTJ training this season. Major re-building job at Hawaii. Mass exodus of players from last years team.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Who built up Hawaii and Wyoming? Both were double digit underdogs. Hawaii is the consensus pick for worst MWC team, with Wyoming not far behind. Not too mention Hawaii has a head coach who is getting OTJ training this season. Major re-building job at Hawaii. Mass exodus of players from last years team.
    Hawai'i and Wyoming were supposed to at least be somewhat competitive. The Hawai'i performance in the third quarter was embarrassing, and there were some who thought that an upset was possible considering that it was Vanderbilt they were playing.

I didn't expect team either to win, but did expect games that were at least in reach late into the third quarter.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

7 and 2!?!?!? I type that like Jim Mora saying "playoffs?" If Nebraska gets to 7-2 Frost would be the front runner for Big 10 COY at that moment. Beating Purdue would be a big upset. Games against Rutgers, Indiana, Illinois and Minnesota might be winnable games, but are also very losable games. I really don't care what happens at Nebraska, but I don't think Whipple is going to able to save everyone's job.

You should enter the BB&B pick 'em contest.
    Even after the Northwestern loss, Purdue is only around a 4-point home favorite over Nebraska right now with half of that being home field advantage. That's the key game. I called the Purdue game winnable because it should be. Nebraska's problem is that it has half a schedule of games that are predicted to be close, and its record in close games recently is not good.

7-2 going into the final three games is possible for the Huskers, but something more like 5-4 is just as possible.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I think it has more to do with the state of college football as a whole. The ship has sailed for teams like us in the era of super conferences and paid players. Throw in multiple seasons of Holtz ball and we are where we are today.
    This. We might as well be playing in the southland.

Hawai'i and Wyoming were supposed to at least be somewhat competitive. The Hawai'i performance in the third quarter was embarrassing, and there were some who thought that an upset was possible considering that it was Vanderbilt they were playing.

I didn't expect team either to win, but did expect games that were at least in reach late into the third quarter.
    Oh okay. The "built up big" quote was confusing. That's quite a difference compared to "supposed to at least be somewhat competitive" at least in my mind.

Not to mention Phil Steele an
    d Athlon Sports both have Hawaii ranked 127th. Not to competitive being there are only 131 teams.

Even after the Northwestern loss, Purdue is only around a 4-point home favorite over Nebraska right now with half of that being home field advantage. That's the key game. I called the Purdue game winnable because it should be. Nebraska's problem is that it has half a schedule of games that are predicted to be close, and its record in close games recently is not good.

7-2 going into the final three games is possible for the Huskers, but something more like 5-4 is just as possible.
    The app I use does not give spreads that far in advance. Who is giving that spread?

The app I use does not give spreads that far in advance. Who is giving that spread?
    That's the Sagarin Predictor. And that does include Nebraska's loss to Northwestern. The exact spread is Purdue -3.91. The pre-Week 0 ratings had it Purdue -1.28.

I bet Scott Frost is not the coach at Nebraska next season.
    Now I beat Neal Brown is not the coach at West Virginia next season.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I bet Scott Frost is not the coach at Nebraska next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Probably won't finish out this season.
    Thought he might make it to October anyway...nope!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

It would have saved them $7.5 Million if they did wait a few weeks for that.

Me too. So he got $15 million today, instead of $7.5 million on October 1. That's like saying we are giving you $7.5 million to not be our coach for the next 4 seasons. But here is another $7.5 million to not be our coach for the next 19 days. College athletics finances, go figure.

+ Reply to Thread