+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stephen F. Austin

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Stephen F. Austin

So it's SFA game week.

What do we know about the Lumberjacks? Other than they are 1-1, squeaking out a come-from-behind win against Alcorn State and losing pretty badly to Jacksonville State. And that their punter is averaging in the 40s, which makes me a little jealous after last week's game. And apparently their QB punted once last week, too, and averages a yard or two better than either of our punters.

Oh, and we need a win.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Stephen F. Austin

SFA beat us in OT, some years back. I just want a W tomorrow.

Puppy Dawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the rough

Are they coming over to D1 next year?

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy View Post
    So it's SFA game week.

What do we know about the Lumberjacks? Other than they are 1-1, squeaking out a come-from-behind win against Alcorn State and losing pretty badly to Jacksonville State. And that their punter is averaging in the 40s, which makes me a little jealous after last week's game. And apparently their QB punted once last week, too, and averages a yard or two better than either of our punters.

Oh, and we need a win.
    There's a junior kicker at Captain Shreve who's averaging 48 yards per punt and hit a 49 yard FG last night with zero offers, but apparently Tech hasn't visited the school in several years even though it's the largest HS in the Shreveport area. Saban recruits there, though.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We will win by 3.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    There's a junior kicker at Captain Shreve who's averaging 48 yards per punt and hit a 49 yard FG last night with zero offers, but apparently Tech hasn't visited the school in several years even though it's the largest HS in the Shreveport area. Saban recruits there, though.
    And the Junior Byrd kicker committed to Miami.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    SFA beat us in OT, some years back. I just want a W tomorrow.
    Bicknell. 2000-ish.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs2448 View Post
    Are they coming over to D1 next year?
    FCS is D1, sillyhead.

Anyone else have on their BB&B homepage a countdown to a game that Tech lost over a year ago?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Anyone else have on their BB&B homepage a countdown to a game that Tech lost over a year ago?
    I usually bypass the home page, but the last time I was there that's what I saw.

After Skippy's epic choke, there was nothing else left to countdown to last year.

Puppy Dawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the rough

FCS is D1, sillyhead.
    Sorry, I'm use to the old system. FBS I mean. I think several teams are coming over.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs2448 View Post
    Sorry, I'm use to the old system. FBS I mean. I think several teams are coming over.
    No.

But they're probably on the shortlist for CUSA. I am firmly opposed to CUSA expanding at all, but there is a weird online inclination that they/we "have" to.

This year the newcomer to FBS is James Madison (who just whipped MTSU in a rare FBS-to-(barely)FBS money game). Next year we have the pleasure of welcoming to our conference Sam Houston State (one of SFA's big rivals) and Jacksonville State (who has already whipped SFA this season).

That's it for the moment.

I guess it'd be better for Tech to add SFA than like Kennesaw State or something, but I'm firmly in the "stay at 9 until we can get out" camp.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Bicknell. 2000-ish.
    2000 exactly.

I brought several international student friends to the game, assuring them all along that this is a lower level team and Tech should have no problems (coming off of the fantastic 1999 season).

I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    No.

But they're probably on the shortlist for CUSA. I am firmly opposed to CUSA expanding at all, but there is a weird online inclination that they/we "have" to.

This year the newcomer to FBS is James Madison (who just whipped MTSU in a rare FBS-to-(barely)FBS money game). Next year we have the pleasure of welcoming to our conference Sam Houston State (one of SFA's big rivals) and Jacksonville State (who has already whipped SFA this season).

That's it for the moment.

I guess it'd be better for Tech to add SFA than like Kennesaw State or something, but I'm firmly in the "stay at 9 until we can get out" camp.
    Thanks. I remember hearing about Sam Houston St. I had them mixed up with SFA. I suspect the divisions will change in a few years where the power 5 will be their own division. Maybe all the mid majors can form a division and teams Like Tech can play for National Championship one day. We need a win tomorrow.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Tech will win if they wear their red helmets otherwise in the white hats they’ll still be stuck in the Holtz doldrums.

+ Reply to Thread