+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 3 Schedule

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: Week 3 Schedule

Arkansas finally pulls ahead of the Fightin Neckbraces

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    If the hot seat wasn't hot enough already for Harsin at Auburn, he'd better be looking for an ice vest and anything else cold he can find.

Penn State 41 Auburn 12 final
    Heard this week on Sirius XM that he has no support from any of the big boosters, his days are numbered.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

EMU beat Arizona State. Every G5 conference has at least one, and I think several, P5 scalp(s)....except CUSA. Southern Illinois (FCS) beat the Big 10's Northwestern. Tulane beat Kansas State. The same K State that smoked Mizzou, who clobbered us.

All these schools, some not very good, are beating P5s....except Tech.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    EMU beat Arizona State. Every G5 conference has at least one, and I think several, P5 scalp(s)....except CUSA. Southern Illinois (FCS) beat the Big 10's Northwestern. Tulane beat Kansas State. The same K State that smoked Mizzou, who clobbered us.

All these schools, some not very good, are beating P5s....except Tech.
    We beat one....less than 3 years ago in a bowl game.

But I know what you're saying.

It just seems like forever ago because since then we've either 1) let those types of games slip away, or 2)not shown up.

Since 1986 - when Tech announced its intention to move to I-A we've had 15 "power" conference wins, and before the tiebreaker era began in the 90s, 2 ties.

Boise has 17 in that time period.

Tech just hasn't done anywhere near what should have done over the years to promote that fact.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem comparing what we have done to what Boise did for those years is the difference in opponent. Boise beat OU level teams and we beat Illinois, Virginia, and really bad Ole Miss level teams.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    The problem comparing what we have done to what Boise did for those years is the difference in opponent. Boise beat OU level teams and we beat Illinois, Virginia, and really bad Ole Miss level teams.
    I posted Boise's number because they are the gold standard in that area. I'm not trying to say our wins are better.

The vast majority of the G5 schools have only a handful of P5/power conference wins in their history. Some none at all.

Yet, our leadership in the past 10 years has ignored it.

It's as if because Skip couldn't get it done on so many occasions when he had the teams and opportunities to do so, our leadership didn't want to point it out or celebrate the teams that did get it done.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Also, Tech has a win against a team from each P5 conference. Few, if any other G5 team can claim that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I posted Boise's number because they are the gold standard in that area. I'm not trying to say our wins are better.

The vast majority of the G5 schools have only a handful of P5/power conference wins in their history. Some none at all.

Yet, our leadership in the past 10 years has ignored it.

It's as if because Skip couldn't get it done on so many occasions when he had the teams and opportunities to do so, our leadership didn't want to point it out or celebrate the teams that did get it done.
    Help me out here...Lafayette never went to 1AA, but has only won one game in their history against a current P5. Is that correct? Maybe two. We are talking 40 years.

You are correct about the way our "leaders" didn't want to point out anything in the past. In doing so the ran off about half the living fan base that had been attending and tailgating at Tech games since the early to mid 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Help me out here...Lafayette never went to 1AA, but has only won one game in their history against a current P5. Is that correct? Maybe two. We are talking 40 years.

You are correct about the way our "leaders" didn't want to point out anything in the past. In doing so the ran off about half the living fan base that had been attending and tailgating at Tech games since the early to mid 80s.
    In the past 40 years I think it's 4 wins. They beat Iowa State a couple of years ago, Kansas State about 15 years ago, and then their win over Texas A&M in the mid 90s.

They also have a win over Rice when the Owls were in the Southwest Conference in the early 80s.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

The SWC was never a P5 (or P6) conference. Even if some former SWC members are now in a P5 conference, Rice was never in that group and should never be considered as such.

The BCS started in 1998 and the SWC was gone after 1995.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I bet Tech is also the only G5 program to beat an SEC champ (Bama 99)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I bet Tech is also the only G5 program to beat an SEC champ (Bama 99)
    I think Bama was the SEC champ the year nlulm beat them (2007). That was the year the SEC champ went to the Indy Bowl vs. the MWC Champ.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I think Bama was the SEC champ the year nlulm beat them (2007). That was the year the SEC champ went to the Indy Bowl vs. the MWC Champ.
    If 4-4 won the SEC West that year, you would be correct.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I just looked and I think lsu won the SEC in 2007 beating Tennessee in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I just looked and I think lsu won the SEC in 2007 beating Tennessee in the championship.
    I wasn’t serious

+ Reply to Thread