+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Bulldogs Travel to South Carolina for Tilt with Clemson - latechsports.com

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Re: Bulldogs Travel to South Carolina for Tilt with Clemson - latechsports.com

Our O-Line gave McNeil sufficient time against a lot of future NFL players tonight. Good job.

Some of the play calling was off, but it overall it was unpredictable.

MAJOR MAJOR plus: we never gave up. So much so that Dabo had to put his QB1 back in in the 4th to seal it. The fact that we never gave up is night and day positive vs what we witnessed under Holtz.

We are improving every game.

Proud

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We knew we'd be 1-2 at this point. Doesn't matter how we lost the two. The trip to Mobile next week could set the tone for this season. Six wins or more for this team will be a big feat.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We knew we'd be 1-2 at this point. Doesn't matter how we lost the two. The trip to Mobile next week could set the tone for this season. Six wins or more for this team will be a big feat.
    If we beat USA, I will be very happy and optimistic about having a slight winning season. If we play them close, I will be satisfied and hope to see improvement throughout the year. If we lose soundly, well I'll be looking forward to next year and accept this year as a rebuild.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Disagree on "how we lost the two." It does matter. Going 0-2 at a pair of P5s is not the issue, but HOW you go 0-2 is. For instance, no way can ULM claim the same 0-1 yesterday as say South Alabama can. Yeah, both lost, but what a huge difference. I suppose you could give ULM a measure of the doubt since Bama > UCLA, but whoa! not that much.

We are not very good. We are not particularly well-coached, too many boneheaded plays, and too many stupid decisions by the coaches and there is a lack of overall "awareness" that does not bode well. No way should we have been crushed by a very, very, very mediocre Mizzou, and no way would a legit G5 lose by 4 TDs to Clemson, especially given they were missing 6 starters.

Which brings us to where we are now. IF, huge IF! this team, this staff, has what it takes then we should see it in Mobile. Right now, I would NOT bet on us to win. I suspect USA will be a small favorite, something like -3 or so. Can we beat USA? Of course!!! They are a Belt school, nothing special. They are capable of pulling boneheaded plays, just like us. If we just win the turnover battle we could probably win. Yes, like everyone else, I fully expected to be sitting at 1-2 right now. Next week is the key. For this team, for this season, there is a HUGE difference between 2-2 and 1-3.

After that we get to play 8 games in the worst FBS conference in the country. Surely we can sneak a 5-3 record out of it. Surely....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

On the more positive side...I like Parker McNeil. He needs to get more consistent, a little smarter knowing when to NOT try to make a pass, but overall I am encouraged. I also like Griffin Hebert being featured more. I think there is room to further expand his role, making him the absolute, go-to guy, but he is being thrown to a little more.

Punting was better! (couldn't help but be...)

Oh...and we need to develop a running game. We're a little slow at LB and that was exposed again last night.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    On the more positive side...I like Parker McNeil. He needs to get more consistent, a little smarter knowing when to NOT try to make a pass, but overall I am encouraged. I also like Griffin Hebert being featured more. I think there is room to further expand his role, making him the absolute, go-to guy, but he is being thrown to a little more.

Punting was better! (couldn't help but be...)

Oh...and we need to develop a running game. We're a little slow at LB and that was exposed again last night.
    I agree with this... Although, our running game will look (and did look) much better than it looked against Clemson. They were determined, big, and strong enough to never let us have a chance at running. The only way would have been some more screen plays. Up the middle against Clemson is not going to happen.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

I guess if you’re going to lose, you may as well get some good publicity for having a classy couch.

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    I guess if you’re going to lose, you may as well get some good publicity for having a classy couch.
    We have a classy couch too. It’s an antique with bear claw footings…

Just kidding! Yes, it was nice of Dabo to make those comments.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

We have a classy couch too. It’s an antique with bear claw footings…

Just kidding! Yes, it was nice of Dabo to make those comments.
    Touché!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Disagree on "how we lost the two." It does matter. Going 0-2 at a pair of P5s is not the issue, but HOW you go 0-2 is.
    I understand what you are saying. My point is that if we lose (however we happen to lose) against USA we will be in trouble. Beat them (however we happen to win) and we are on track to win 6 or more.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I understand what you are saying. My point is that if we lose (however we happen to lose) against USA we will be in trouble. Beat them (however we happen to win) and we are on track to win 6 or more.
    It's going to be a tough task to beat South Al. They have a very, very good QB.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We can’t beat ourselves like we did last night. 6 turnovers is hard to overcome no matter who you are playing.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Disagree on "how we lost the two." It does matter. Going 0-2 at a pair of P5s is not the issue, but HOW you go 0-2 is. For instance, no way can ULM claim the same 0-1 yesterday as say South Alabama can. Yeah, both lost, but what a huge difference. I suppose you could give ULM a measure of the doubt since Bama > UCLA, but whoa! not that much.

We are not very good. We are not particularly well-coached, too many boneheaded plays, and too many stupid decisions by the coaches and there is a lack of overall "awareness" that does not bode well. No way should we have been crushed by a very, very, very mediocre Mizzou, and no way would a legit G5 lose by 4 TDs to Clemson, especially given they were missing 6 starters.

Which brings us to where we are now. IF, huge IF! this team, this staff, has what it takes then we should see it in Mobile. Right now, I would NOT bet on us to win. I suspect USA will be a small favorite, something like -3 or so. Can we beat USA? Of course!!! They are a Belt school, nothing special. They are capable of pulling boneheaded plays, just like us. If we just win the turnover battle we could probably win. Yes, like everyone else, I fully expected to be sitting at 1-2 right now. Next week is the key. For this team, for this season, there is a HUGE difference between 2-2 and 1-3.

After that we get to play 8 games in the worst FBS conference in the country. Surely we can sneak a 5-3 record out of it. Surely....
    You nailed it. Of all the parts that should be better and need to improve right away are some of the coaching play calls and in-game strategies. Right now I think our coaching staff is a little overwhelmed and over excited about trying to manage the game. They were definitely out coached getting the team mentally ready to start the 2nd half and that bad momentum lasted way too long. I feel like we’re better than what we’ve shown we just play like a team that hasn’t established its maturity yet.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

USA opens at -12.5
    O/U is 60.5

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Our facebook post on the game is flooded with Clemson fans.

Coach and the team made an excellent impression with their gestures.

+ Reply to Thread