+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What will it take to drive game attendance up?

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Re: What will it take to drive game attendance up?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I really think it’s the generation we are raising. When we were in school, it feels like more of us stayed even though fewer of us where there at the kickoff. Students in general don’t care as much anywhere.
    I agree with much of what you’re saying.

And my frame of reference is that I was at Tech during the 80s which was before Internet, before LED televisions, before all the social channels present today. There are many more avenues of entertainment available to the kids today. And the challenge for the athletic department is how to insert the game day experience into all those multiple channels of entertainment. Perhaps we need a cutting edge social media group to bring in ideas that will engage the students.

One move I think would help engagement and excitement across all ages is to play either Lafayette, NSU, or Northeast (ULM) every year on a rotation.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I agree with much of what you’re saying.

And my frame of reference is that I was at Tech during the 80s which was before Internet, before LED televisions, before all the social channels present today. There are many more avenues of entertainment available to the kids today. And the challenge for the athletic department is how to insert the game day experience into all those multiple channels of entertainment. Perhaps we need a cutting edge social media group to bring in ideas that will engage the students.

One move I think would help engagement and excitement across all ages is to play either Lafayette, NSU, or Northeast (ULM) every year on a rotation.
    If the gameday experience is not cheaper or more fun than an alternative activity, the students will choose the alternative.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

With today’s young people’s short attention span I seriously doubt there’s anything that will either bring big numbers of students to the games or keep them there past halftime. A good body of enthusiastic students might’ve actually helped Tech in the second half against Rice, but they were long gone when really needed. The one thing could be a nationally ranked team and I have a hard time seeing Tech getting there anytime in the near future. For too long now we’ve been too busy getting steadily worse year by year. Cumbie has at least 2-3 years work ahead of him to just get Tech back to being a respectable team again.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    If the gameday experience is not cheaper or more fun than an alternative activity, the students will choose the alternative.
    What is the price of a student ticket?

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Winning and winning all the time.

We are a bad team right now with very little D1 talent. Is will be a multi year project to get us back to decent.

We have a huge positive - we have great parking, tailgating and game day activities for a G5 program. Seriously, I think people have a better time outside the stadium than in the stadium.

The north end zone project may be a game changer. The plans appear to be very nice.

Being in the heart of SEC country hurts - we should schedule so that we don’t overlap with key SEC games (LSU).

Quick note on talent - When we play Liberty, we will lose by 35 plus points unless something major changes much more quickly than anticipated. Fans will see just how bad we are.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

One other major point - TV timeouts - the length of games impacts P5 programs as well. Unless it is a marquee top 20 matchup, P5s are not selling out and fans flee the stadium at half and 3rd quarter.

The TV time outs make the game soooo slow. People decide to invest in a nice TV, outdoor living area with grill, fire place, etc and watch games all day long.

Even SEC teams have problems with fans flooding out the exits come halftime and 3rd quarter.

It is a new world out there.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The Toilet Bowl is next, vs. FIU. But after the way they handled Charlotte (albeit it was just Charlotte), I don't like our chances. I had this down as one of our few wins this season, but now I am not so sure. We are staring down the barrel at 2-10.

Or! 3-9 if that makes you feel better .

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    One other major point - TV timeouts - the length of games impacts P5 programs as well. Unless it is a marquee top 20 matchup, P5s are not selling out and fans flee the stadium at half and 3rd quarter.

The TV time outs make the game soooo slow. People decide to invest in a nice TV, outdoor living area with grill, fire place, etc and watch games all day long.

Even SEC teams have problems with fans flooding out the exits come halftime and 3rd quarter.

It is a new world out there.
    This...

Total BS that we (ya'll) have to sit and watch while Judy's red hats hold up progress. Been that way for years, but we aren't even on real TV now. We are paying much less to watch than our President and former AD are asking for us to attend. Been doing this since Skip began giving up games years ago.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    This...

Total BS that we (ya'll) have to sit and watch while Judy's red hats hold up progress. Been that way for years, but we aren't even on real TV now. We are paying much less to watch than our President and former AD are asking for us to attend. Been doing this since Skip began giving up games years ago.
    Yes, games being streamed doesn’t help attendance. Especially when the stadium doesn’t have much energy. It is certainly cheaper and tailgating at the house is a lot less work.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Yea. TV timeouts kill the energy.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

[QUOTE=eagle2180;1840417]What is the price of a student ticket?[/QUOTE

Students are admitted free.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The Toilet Bowl is next, vs. FIU. But after the way they handled Charlotte (albeit it was just Charlotte), I don't like our chances. I had this down as one of our few wins this season, but now I am not so sure. We are staring down the barrel at 2-10.

Or! 3-9 if that makes you feel better .
    Early line has us -7.5, so we will see.

Right now we would be slight dogs versus MTSU, favorites over Charlotte, and big dogs in our games versus UTSA and UAB. So 4-8 should be the minimum if Cumbie is any kind of coach. But, as you know, 4-8 with this slate of games is still not very good.

Varsity Bulldog thewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    And….we play LSU in 2025 which will be either Lyddy’s junior or senior year. We can dream right? That we beat LSU in Baton Rouge?
    I remember week 1 when McNeil was gonna be the savior. Let's cool our jets abit.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    What is the price of a student ticket?

Students are admitted free.
    Well free after paying tuition and all other fees.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Early line has us -7.5, so we will see.

Right now we would be slight dogs versus MTSU, favorites over Charlotte, and big dogs in our games versus UTSA and UAB. So 4-8 should be the minimum if Cumbie is any kind of coach. But, as you know, 4-8 with this slate of games is still not very good.
    4-8. Yeah, baby, oh behave! (a little Austin Powers).

If we had FIU and Charlotte at home, I would chalk those up as wins, but on the road, I am not so sure. Okay, fine, FIU and Charlotte are REALY pitiful, bottom of the barrel in the weakest conference in the nation. Both are pillow fights and if this were the NFL these games would be labeled as "playing for the #1 draft pick" games. Who ends up dead last in the worst league????

+ Reply to Thread