+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What will it take to drive game attendance up?

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Re: What will it take to drive game attendance up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Wow, isn’t that the truth. We’ve got former Tech players all over the country but none here.
    Paul Turner and Teddy Veal have entered the chat.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    An economy that’s not in the toilet would be a big help. Not a lot of disposable income floating around North Louisiana these days.
    A better on the field product (which I’m optimistic Cumbie is in the process of building) will help, but only so much.
    That is the way it is in Joe Biden's world!!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bone_afide_dawg View Post
    my coaching comment has to do with #1, the repeated poor play and bad decision making by our special teams. We were completely blown up early on which set the tone for the whole game. There is no reason ever why tech should even catch a kick that is headed into the end zone. Takes the free yards (period)! #2, we are obviously much better at throwing deep so do that a lot more often. #3, we are terrible at throwing short crossing routes or into the flats so do that a lot less. #4, stop wasting your best receiver, hebert by running him into the flats or to the sidelines. His advantage is size and speed which means down field. #5, practice tackling over and over and over until the players get pissed off about it and learn to take it out on the other teams’ running backs. #6, practice blocking and running up the middle & inside the tackles more. Like the tackling practice do until the players get pissed off about it and commit to doing it better. #7, play a different qb, these older guys simply aren’t good enough and have too many ingrained bad habits or poor technique. That’s why they’re transfers. #8 quit being the nice guy coaches it’s making out team soft. We play lazy and stupid too much. It’s on the coaches to put the most competitive and smartest football players on the field. I don’t see that we’re doing that. Cumbie is undoubtedly a nice guy and a good person but that’s not translating to being the leader of a good football team.
    best post i have seen in a long time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    We could instantly boost UTEP’s attendance by Cumbie announcing tomorrow that Landry Lyddy will be the starting QB.
    AMEN!!

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

So since Tech’s last home game (roughly 4 weeks / 27 days for those who are counting or don’t know) what have the Tech powers at be done to enhance the game day experience? I’m serious, I really don’t know. If some kick start has been said or publicized, I missed it. Surely someone has done at least some little something to cause a few extra fans to come out and see if Cumbie and staff have succeeded in coaching Tech up in some regard over the past couple of weeks. I have my fingers crossed that someone at Tech really understands that out football program is gasping and that it appears the AED is in another room behind a locked door. I hope I’m wrong.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Haven’t heard a peep.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

The administration is going to lose its most prolific givers if they don't at least act interested...and it could affect academics too.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    The administration is going to lose its most prolific givers if they don't at least act interested...and it could affect academics too.
    May be, already has?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    So since Tech’s last home game (roughly 4 weeks / 27 days for those who are counting or don’t know) what have the Tech powers at be done to enhance the game day experience? I’m serious, I really don’t know. If some kick start has been said or publicized, I missed it. Surely someone has done at least some little something to cause a few extra fans to come out and see if Cumbie and staff have succeeded in coaching Tech up in some regard over the past couple of weeks. I have my fingers crossed that someone at Tech really understands that out football program is gasping and that it appears the AED is in another room behind a locked door. I hope I’m wrong.
    They put a digital ribbon on the DAC

Varsity Bulldog jellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the rough jellidawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    They put a digital ribbon on the DAC
    That Facebook post and another ad for single game tickets is all I've seen as of late...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Twitter message about group tickets just popped up today

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

So I spent 5 minutes trying to post this picture on this forum on my phone. This is the best I could do.

My point: black asphalt is the least inviting place to tailgate. Find some grass or break up that parking lot and build more green space.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Concessions were as bad as always, attendance was poor, trying to get the crowd into the game was fairly pathetic, the music and speakers were more annoying than entertaining… and as always the use of the video board was pure crap. Thankfully the Dawgs themselves played well enough overall to win.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    So I spent 5 minutes trying to post this picture on this forum on my phone. This is the best I could do.

My point: black asphalt is the least inviting place to tailgate. Find some grass or break up that parking lot and build more green space.
    The dirt all over the asphalt is a nice touch! Surely, one of the official “supporters” of Tech athletics has a street sweeper or a worker that could blow off the parking lot.

+ Reply to Thread