+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: What will it take to drive game attendance up?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: What will it take to drive game attendance up?

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    When one of our players pulls off his helmet KNOWING that he is costing the team 15 yards we have a problem. We had the same problems with Holtz teams.

I'm not burning $10 worth of gas to drive over and watch this crap even if they are giving away tickets.
    For the life of me I can’t understand how we end up with these dummies. I watch a lot of football, and Tech is the undisputed king of low football IQ players.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I remember in the early days of Cumbie coming here him talking about player and coach relationships… about making the game fun. I think in that is something about the coaches not fusing at players or being hard on them. If that’s what Cumbie’s staff is doing then that goes a long way towards players acting like they’re playing in the backyard with their bros and we all know the bad sportsmanship that goes on there. #13 is constantly trying to show himself off. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s got at least a couple more unsportsmanlike calls coming his way before this season is done.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I heard that Cumbie talked about “team” in the coaches show. He asks the players to match their dress when eating meals together, lifting together, and encourages a lot of other “team” mentality concepts. He says the guys who make mistakes on the field are the guys who haven’t bought into that attitude. I would ask why those kids are playing, but I think we have 18-20 injuries and really no choice.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I heard that Cumbie talked about “team” in the coaches show. He asks the players to match their dress when eating meals together, lifting together, and encourages a lot of other “team” mentality concepts. He says the guys who make mistakes on the field are the guys who haven’t bought into that attitude. I would ask why those kids are playing, but I think we have 18-20 injuries and really no choice.
    When you are short on talent, sometimes you have to play the most athletic even if they have bad habits until you have some time to change the culture. We are short on talent across the board and the culture we have had for the last several years has been bad. It’s hard to change all that in one season.Qb play is important….we have QB1 that throws a good deep ball, Cumbie doesn’t trust QB2 to throw it deep or QB2 doesn’t have the arm strength of QB1. The play calling is very different between the two Qb’s.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Everything that’s already been said and then there not be an SEC on TV or a hunting season. From here out attendance is going to dwindle.
    maybe we could just put the SEC game on the Jumbotron. At least folks would be in the stands. They could at least watch Tech during TV timeouts and halftime.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    maybe we could just put the SEC game on the Jumbotron. At least folks would be in the stands. They could at least watch Tech during TV timeouts and halftime.
    Haha, wouldn’t that be something . Now that you say that it could be the most the Jumbotron is looking at because there’s pretty much nothing of interest to see on it during a Tech game. The replays are usually only one per play and almost too quick after the original play to see and you can forget about getting a replay look at a controversial play.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

We have a Jumbotron?
    Thought it was just a video board.
    LOL
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    We have a Jumbotron?
    Thought it was just a video board.
    LOL
    More like Jumbojunk. Are we still paying for that thing?

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

This may have already been said because I didn’t read every post! App St doesn’t have LSU playing on Saturdays in their state! I know they have p5 schools around them but I don’t think other universities students bail on their hometeam to travel 4-5 hours to watch another school play! Our Tech grads should be in Ruston in JAS instead of BR or the deer stand!

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD Dawg View Post
    This may have already been said because I didn’t read every post! App St doesn’t have LSU playing on Saturdays in their state! I know they have p5 schools around them but I don’t think other universities students bail on their hometeam to travel 4-5 hours to watch another school play! Our Tech grads should be in Ruston in JAS instead of BR or the deer stand!
    I think the difference in App and us is consistent and sustained success. We used to be consistently mediocre, but we’re not even that anymore. App is now what we used to be: Anyone, Anytime, Anyplace.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

What will it take to drive game attendance up? Move our October games to Tuesday & Wednesday

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    What will it take to drive game attendance up? Move our October games to Tuesday & Wednesday
    Looking forward to all the Shreveport fans coming over for an 8pm kickoff on a Tuesday. You’ll be home by 1am. It’s not that bad.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

App St is in a much better conference.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Looking forward to all the Shreveport fans coming over for an 8pm kickoff on a Tuesday. You’ll be home by 1am. It’s not that bad.
    WACky Wednesdays with Hawai'i
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hopefully one of our home games will be during the kids Fall Break. That's the only way I will be there / but still probably not because my son will have FB practice.

+ Reply to Thread