+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: What will it take to drive game attendance up?

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Re: What will it take to drive game attendance up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Concessions were as bad as always, attendance was poor, trying to get the crowd into the game was fairly pathetic, the music and speakers were more annoying than entertaining… and as always the use of the video board was pure crap. Thankfully the Dawgs themselves played well enough overall to win.
    So…we have a new coach but the same approach to the game day experience?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Our experience with concessions at game 1 were fine. We missed this weekend. Only thing I can think is we don’t have dedicated employees running it. We allow volunteer groups to serve and raise money for their team or club. IMO, not professional. Other than that, how hard can it be? Bottled Soda, packaged peanuts and candy, popcorn, and hotdogs. Even a ULM dropout should be able to handle that.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    They put a digital ribbon on the DAC
    The Facade Video Ribbon was lost in the original value engineering choices. Good for the Joe fans.

Now about the planned putting of two video boards in the corners of one endzone instead of opposite corners. . . ? The folks viewing from the new north endzone facility will have zero chance of seeing replays, etc. . . . but they'll know the down and distance from the facade ribbon.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    The Facade Video Ribbon was lost in the original value engineering choices. Good for the Joe fans.

Now about the planned putting of two video boards in the corners of one endzone instead of opposite corners. . . ? The folks viewing from the new north endzone facility will have zero chance of seeing replays, etc. . . . but they'll know the down and distance from the facade ribbon.
    Two video boards showing no consequential replays, only one quick replay per play and a lot of wasted big screen junk like for example the two teams logos facing each other is just two wasted video boards over the one we have now. If Tech would sincerely improve the product one really well run board would be sufficient. Like all things Tech we have good equipment we just lack the desire and the operational skills to use it to its greatest potential.

Puppy Snaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the rough

Couple thoughts on fan engagement and the game day experience:

Given our current times why not a game day app. Give fans live stats, player bios, stadium info, maybe access to video replay. Live updates on when the team walk takes place, reminders to get to your seats for kickoff, etc.

Instead of DoorDash how about StadiumDash. Let me order concessions on an app and bring them to my seat.

In stadium and social media interaction. At an Illinois game this year they asked fans to vote on which song the band should play at the start of the 3rd quarter. Etc. Let fans vote on uniform combos, shoot maybe a play to be called at some point during an upcoming game.

Don't forget your common fan. There are only so many big fish in the pond. Make the everyday Joe feel like he is part of the team and matters.

Bulldog Tech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the rough Tech79's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Our experience with concessions at game 1 were fine. We missed this weekend. Only thing I can think is we don’t have dedicated employees running it. We allow volunteer groups to serve and raise money for their team or club. IMO, not professional. Other than that, how hard can it be? Bottled Soda, packaged peanuts and candy, popcorn, and hotdogs. Even a ULM dropout should be able to handle that.

Well, everything is relative. We went to the Missouri game, and their concessions were also run by volunteer groups and it was absolutely pathetic. Wait for 20 minutes in line, oh, we don't have hot dogs today, they didn't send us any. How about popcorn, no we're out of that. What do you have? We have beer, an endless supply! So you could have a beer, the worst pizza you ever put in your mouth, or the saltiest pretzel known to mankind.

So no complaints about Joe Aillet Stadium from me.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snaredad View Post

Given our current times why not a game day app. Give fans live stats, player bios, stadium info, maybe access to video replay. Live updates on when the team walk takes place, reminders to get to your seats for kickoff, etc.

Instead of DoorDash how about StadiumDash. Let me order concessions on an app and bring them to my seat.

In stadium and social media interaction. At an Illinois game this year they asked fans to vote on which song the band should play at the start of the 3rd quarter. Etc. Let fans vote on uniform combos, shoot maybe a play to be called at some point during an upcoming game.

Don't forget your common fan. There are only so many big fish in the pond. Make the everyday Joe feel like he is part of the team and matters.
    Some very forward thinking ideas… Nice! I’d like to see those things realized. Unfortunately I don’t see it by way of Tech. If they can’t provide player stats on the big screens at baseball or football games I sure don’t see them making them available on an app. Oh and as far as football goes it’s too easy to wear the same combos every single game. I wish I was wrong, but Tech has this thing about dragging their feet and falling short of improving or even changing the fan experience.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snaredad View Post

We have that / LA Tech Athletics on the App Store (apple.com). LA Tech Athletics - Apps on Google Play No video replays, but roster and live stats (live video link).

They put that on Twitter, but could also place on the APP

They already have a text vote to control what song the band plays in 3rd or 4th quarter.

Puppy Snaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the rough

Was just spitballing, but it is great to hear they have an app available @Sportdawg. Been living out of state for a while so it's been a minute since I've attended a game at the Joe, have to watch from afar.

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Game attendance is down for the same that attendance is down on Tech BBB. In 2012, the forum was on fire! Although it’s far from an easy solution to implement, the rubric for crowd attendance is simple…WIN GAMES against teams that ranked in the top 50…maybe top 75 (a more obtainable/modest goal). The have players looked unprepared for the majority of the games I’ve seen this year.

Weekends are a coveted time to decompress after a long weeks work, spend time with the fam, etc. If the players consistently look ill-prepared, alumni will consistently devote their Saturdays toward something more meaningful. I for one would rather not plan a 6 hour trip to Ruston simply to watch my poorly coached alma mater get their asses kicked by middle of the road teams. Been there…done that.

Tech isn’t loosing games because of the crowds lack of involvement/attendance. Tech is loosing games because our special teams unit is nonexistent, our defense is terrible, and our offense is slightly above average…Hebert and Smoke are amazing…McNeil is pretty good…but that’s about it.

So the short answer is….wait for it….win games…if the players/coaches do what their supposed to do, fans/alumni will do what their supposed to do. Like I said, it’s not easy, but the rubric is simple.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Game attendance is down for the same that attendance is down on Tech BBB. In 2012, the forum was on fire! Although it’s far from an easy solution to implement, the rubric for crowd attendance is simple…WIN GAMES against teams that ranked in the top 50…maybe top 75 (a more obtainable/modest goal). The have players looked unprepared for the majority of the games I’ve seen this year.

Weekends are a coveted time to decompress after a long weeks work, spend time with the fam, etc. If the players consistently look ill-prepared, alumni will consistently devote their Saturdays toward something more meaningful. I for one would rather not plan a 6 hour trip to Ruston simply to watch my poorly coached alma mater get their asses kicked by middle of the road teams. Been there…done that.

Tech isn’t loosing games because of the crowds lack of involvement/attendance. Tech is loosing games because our special teams unit is nonexistent, our defense is terrible, and our offense is slightly above average…Hebert and Smoke are amazing…McNeil is pretty good…but that’s about it.

So the short answer is….wait for it….win games…if the players/coaches do what their supposed to do, fans/alumni will do what their supposed to do. Like I said, it’s not easy, but the rubric is simple.
    Not so sure about that. What was it, 6 bowl wins in a row and 2 conference championship games under Holtz? Attendance went down from that. Tech fans are all about “a fun team to watch,” which I interpret as “lighting up the scoreboard.” Cumbie will probably be the right guy for that eventually.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post

I agree about weekends being a coveted time, and you also have to consider that dollars are harder to come by than they were in 2012. People are strapped for cash.
    As far as the forum goes, I’m not sure why it’s as slow as it is now. We aren’t alone, the Tech Facebook posts after a loss will maybe garner 25 comments. That used to be around 200 after a loss. I remember a lot of people that wanted folks to stop complaining, and they did, but they stopped caring too.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I agree about weekends being a coveted time, and you also have to consider that dollars are harder to come by than they were in 2012. People are strapped for cash.
    As far as the forum goes, I’m not sure why it’s as slow as it is now. We aren’t alone, the Tech Facebook posts after a loss will maybe garner 25 comments. That used to be around 200 after a loss. I remember a lot of people that wanted folks to stop complaining, and they did, but they stopped caring too.
    The admin didn't appear to care for too long as long as there was a bowl win at the end of every season. It didn't appear to matter how many games were lost that could/should have been won along the way. And it didn't appear to matter that there were no conference championships and just two championship game appearances over Skippy's tenure.

When the people in charge appear not to care (true or not), the people they are trying to bring in don't see a reason to care either. Over time that erodes a fanbase.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    People complain because they care. At a certain point, once the caring stops, all that's left is a middle school level of "good game, we'll get em next time." Everyone who cared about the program and wanted it to be BETTER has been r-u-n-o-f-t.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Not so sure about that. What was it, 6 bowl wins in a row and 2 conference championship games under Holtz? Attendance went down from that. Tech fans are all about “a fun team to watch,” which I interpret as “lighting up the scoreboard.” Cumbie will probably be the right guy for that eventually.
    Yep! Coach Crumble has already mastered having our opponents lighting up the scoreboard, so he is halfway there!

+ Reply to Thread