+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Bulldogs Travel South for Showdown with Jaguars - latechsports.com

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Bulldogs Travel South for Showdown with Jaguars - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    With all due respect, you need a lesson in perspective. Calling for a coaches head after four games is a bit ridiculous. Of course you will disagree because you are the smartest person to ever exist.. but I’m going to go ahead and disagree with you in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And what, pray tell, have you seen that makes you think Crumble can coach? I'll start with this question, give you a chance to respond, and then comment. Now, I will say, if you have something tangible, great! I am always open-minded and will admit when I am in error. Okay....go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    You wanted a new coach and can’t even make it halfway through the first year. Call for his head next year if we can’t win an FBS game. Its not like we had a good team last year to build off of.
    Not stirring the pot here (well, kind of ), just really interested in what either of you have seen, or see, that makes you think Coach Crumble can coach. I have not seen a thing. Maybe I've just missed something and would like to be clued in. I admit I could be wrong, or at least not seeing something you two are privy to.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I think the whole Tech team is essentially in a state of being completely shell shocked. From the performances on the field it’s hard to imagine that any part of the team can have any belief in another part doing their part. It’s all a big discombobulated mess. It makes me wonder if any of the players or coaches have any confidence in anyone having the skills, experience and competence to fix it all. It’s a good thing Cumbie has 2 weeks to try to get the fundamentals into alignment. I can’t even say “back” into alignment because they never were to begin with. So far this season except for the SFA game we’ve been playing like a blind folded, one legged man in a butt kicking contest. I can’t even begin to explain how different our team is from that game to all the others. It’s almost like we intentionally decided not to play to our strengths. I truly do hope the coaches… all of them can pull together to figure things out because I want this team and program to be successful. Right now it sure feels like we’re suffering the same implosion that Holtz let befall South Florida when he lazily allowed their program to fall into ruin. I probably don’t even need to say it but I will, the one person who probably couldn’t care less is Guice. He’s undoubtedly oblivious to this whole disaster that’s he’s mishandled from day one of his tenure as an absent sportsminded president.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Agreed.

However, Cumbie knew we needed a QB THIS YEAR, and he brought into two chumps that are backups at best.

Downing should never see the field again, much less been named the starting QB before the season began. He is literally Ensminger back again. Scared of the field.

McNeil stares down primary receivers and throws. Sometimes its good, a lot of times it's bad.

What should concern everyone here is that CUMBIE is supposed to be a QB Guru. This is the talent he brought in? Makes me wonder about the coach.

The only QB we have right now is a True Freshman that the previous coach recruited. I have given Holtz crap for years, but we need to also hold Cumbie responsible for the lack of a clear QB1 on this team. It is his team and right now its looking bad.
    No QB on the roster was here last year. Even if he was the greatest QB coach of all times, he won’t produce a Tom Brady in 4 games. Time will tell if he was the right hire or not, but with the total dumpster fire that he inherited, consistent winning will take at least a couple years.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    The two biggest question marks going in were QB and OLine.

OLine is better than expected IMO.

QB is scary bad.

Special teams are no better or worse than we've had over the past 13 years.

I'm okay with RB, but that's not our game under Cumbie and we knew that.

DBs will continue to come and go. It's a crap shoot not a talent grab with DBs.

Our receivers are decent to good, but it does not matter when we don't have a QB.
    Great points. I still say that this is the least talented stable of RBs overall that I’ve seen since I started following Tech football.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Whenever the last man in charge leaves the program without a single QB, it would be hard for anyone to be successful the following year. Pull the shirt off the Freshman and see what he can do. At this point there's no downside in it.
    I AGREE!! The Freshman QB looked good in the few times he has been in the game!!

+ Reply to Thread