+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Bulldogs Travel South for Showdown with Jaguars - latechsports.com

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Re: Bulldogs Travel South for Showdown with Jaguars - latechsports.com

I fear we’re in a conference situation that will make it hard to improve quickly.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I felt like I was sitting in the Cotton Bowl during a torrid rain storm watching a poor Army team bitch slap Tech. My only salvation may be we went to a bowl game the next seven years straight after that abomination. Hope springs eternal.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    I fear we’re in a conference situation that will make it hard to improve quickly.
    Unless we move to a P5 conference, we are where every other G5 program is.

Middle Tennessee's conference affiliation didn't seem to hold them back yesterday.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

To my knowledge, MTSU doesn’t have a peer school 30 miles down the road in a conference almost unanimously viewed as superior to our own and with a charismatic celebrity coach. Tech has benefited over ULM from being in the perceived superior conference for a couple decades now. I fear that benefit is now gone. Being on a more even playing field with ULM hurts.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    To my knowledge, MTSU doesn’t have a peer school 30 miles down the road in a conference almost unanimously viewed as superior to our own and with a charismatic celebrity coach. Tech has benefited over ULM from being in the perceived superior conference for a couple decades now. I fear that benefit is now gone. Being on a more even playing field with ULM hurts.
    Thank you for nothing Guice while you slept through the years when it was important to make good of Tech’s successes. Now the toilet bowl deep dive is underway and we’re all going to have to pinch or noses and hold our breath to see if we can get through it. Leadership matters.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I’d love to be wrong, but I fear that Tech football’s best days are in the past. We squandered the opportunity when we had it to grow the brand and fan base, and the hiring of The Boy Wonder killed any momentum that we had.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Gotta have a decent QB. The interception and fumble to begin the 2nd half says it all. That completely sucked the wind out of the team.

As many mistakes as we made in the first half we were still in the game at halftime.
    This LA Tech team can't seem to start a game (1st Qtr) or a 2nd Half (3rd Qtr) without some kind of major disaster. Then, after giving up two TD's (or whatever) early, they seem to settle in and play better. But at that point, it's too late. They've already dug themselves a major hole.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

My thoughts on this game: The Dawgs shot themselves in the foot so many times they had no toes by the end of the game!! That, and POOR ASS TACKLING cost them the game!!! It appears that Tyler Grubbs is the only player on defense that knows how to tackle! Just say'n.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Why should Crumbie (Crumble! I like that! good job with the nickname, I'm jealous and am gonna steal it) get a pass? He has shown ZERO, NADA, ZILCH ability to coach a little girls' hopscotch team, let alone a Division I football team. I was gonna make a comment about maybe he can write some more letters, but that would be in poor taste given that situation.

Seriously, Coach Cumble has shown me NOTHING! This is the worst coached Tech team I have seen in a long time, and maybe ever. Some old timer might invoke Larry Beightol's name, but that Tech team would CRUSH this one. I guess we'll "beat" FIU, perhaps, but that'll be it. We are looking at a 2-10 record and Crumble should NOT survive a result like that. He is no coach and needs to be gone sooner, rather than later.
    With all due respect, you need a lesson in perspective. Calling for a coaches head after four games is a bit ridiculous. Of course you will disagree because you are the smartest person to ever exist.. but I’m going to go ahead and disagree with you in advance.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

I think we need to pump the brakes about the sky falling here. Look at the first year for coaches. It usually doesn't go well. I would wait until next year to make a judgment, or at least see if there is improvement throughout the year.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    With all due respect, you need a lesson in perspective. Calling for a coaches head after four games is a bit ridiculous. Of course you will disagree because you are the smartest person to ever exist.. but I’m going to go ahead and disagree with you in advance.
    And what, pray tell, have you seen that makes you think Crumble can coach? I'll start with this question, give you a chance to respond, and then comment. Now, I will say, if you have something tangible, great! I am always open-minded and will admit when I am in error. Okay....go.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Be careful when you argue with Dawg80. If you push him hard enough, he will accuse you of being affiliated with Hitler in some way. He has used this in the past when Coach Kim Mulkey was the subject of discussion. Also, Dawg80 is a charter member of the mutual admiration society that permeates this board. There are about 6 charter members and they all know who they are. All the charter members were calling for Skip Holtz"s resignation three or four games into his first season.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And what, pray tell, have you seen that makes you think Crumble can coach? I'll start with this question, give you a chance to respond, and then comment. Now, I will say, if you have something tangible, great! I am always open-minded and will admit when I am in error. Okay....go.
    You wanted a new coach and can’t even make it halfway through the first year. Call for his head next year if we can’t win an FBS game. Its not like we had a good team last year to build off of.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Whenever the last man in charge leaves the program without a single QB, it would be hard for anyone to be successful the following year. Pull the shirt off the Freshman and see what he can do. At this point there's no downside in it.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Be careful when you argue with Dawg80. If you push him hard enough, he will accuse you of being affiliated with Hitler in some way. He has used this in the past when Coach Kim Mulkey was the subject of discussion. Also, Dawg80 is a charter member of the mutual admiration society that permeates this board. There are about 6 charter members and they all know who they are. All the charter members were calling for Skip Holtz"s resignation three or four games into his first season.
    As usual you are wrong again. At least you remain consistent.

BTW, those calling for Holtz's head that first year were right! No conference championships, no national ranking, no regular season P5 wins. Wish I had been among that enlightened group, but it was not until later, like his third season, that I started saying Skippy doesn't have what it takes. Specifically, while acknowledging his "some success" I posed the question "Is there nothing more?" Turns out, nope, there was never anything more.

Crawl back under your rock...

+ Reply to Thread