+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Bulldogs Travel South for Showdown with Jaguars - latechsports.com

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Bulldogs Travel South for Showdown with Jaguars - latechsports.com

I don’t know the particular players that are getting these dead ball penalties. Are they Cumbie’s new guys or holdovers? Not that it matters really. If a kid is a problem he should be cut. Cumbie did let a couple walk away who had issues.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Cumbie's star coach's position group has been a big problem tonight.
    You mean the one that when introduced for the first time at the signing day dinner said "nice thing you've got with the small time thing your trying to do here". Talk about no filter.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    You mean the one that when introduced for the first time at the signing day dinner said "nice thing you've got with the small time thing your trying to do here". Talk about no filter.
    oof

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Who was that?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Doesn't sound like a statement from someone desiring to grow our brand or make things better.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Cumbie's star coach's position group has been a big problem tonight.
    By process of elimination I would bet it is Assistant Head Coach & Special Teams Coordinator Dan Sharp. He spent most of his career at TCU (21 years with Gary Patterson). I think the rest of our coaches are either from much smaller schools or are in positions of much greater responsibility than they had before. They should all be thrilled to be here. A stark difference from the years of Skips retreads. Of course, Sharp should be happy to have a job since Gary Patterson does not anymore.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    By process of elimination I would bet it is Assistant Head Coach & Special Teams Coordinator Dan Sharp. He spent most of his career at TCU (21 years with Gary Patterson). I think the rest of our coaches are either from much smaller schools or are in positions of much greater responsibility than they had before. They should all be thrilled to be here. A stark difference from the years of Skips retreads. Of course, Sharp should be happy to have a job since Gary Patterson does not anymore.
    Patterson has a job. Special Asst. to the HC at Texas.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    If the back story on this is accurate I hope he’s been losing sleep and working overtime over how poorly his group performed. There’s nothing quite like overloading your smart ass with a big mouth. Come on Cumbie, right this ship, sail us off the rocks. Oh and regardless of any superstitions let’s change the mojo of this team and get back to our historical winning red helmets.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Be careful when you argue with Dawg80. If you push him hard enough, he will accuse you of being affiliated with Hitler in some way. He has used this in the past when Coach Kim Mulkey was the subject of discussion. Also, Dawg80 is a charter member of the mutual admiration society that permeates this board. There are about 6 charter members and they all know who they are. All the charter members were calling for Skip Holtz"s resignation three or four games into his first season.
    Careful, you are painting with a very broad brush.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    If the back story on this is accurate I hope he’s been losing sleep and working overtime over how poorly his group performed. There’s nothing quite like overloading your smart ass with a big mouth. Come on Cumbie, right this ship, sail us off the rocks. Oh and regardless of any superstitions let’s change the mojo of this team and get back to our historical winning red helmets.
    Like I said I was just taking a guess. I hope somehow the original quote was inaccurate or misquoted. I agree like you said, why would you overload your smart ass with a big mouth? Doesn't make sense.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Probably a combination of both. A lot of these bullet-in-foot issues are disciplinary and that is on Cumbie.
    How so? Holtz left a bare cupboard and more than a few discipline problems. I mean the “rockstar” left his team in the lurch. Cumbie should turn around a shitty culture in less than a year?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    How so? Holtz left a bare cupboard and more than a few discipline problems. I mean the “rockstar” left his team in the lurch. Cumbie should turn around a shitty culture in less than a year?
    The talent can't be helped.

All the more so, the guys on the field are not talented enough to keep starting with the constant issues of discipline. These are things that can be fixed in practice or ride the pine.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The two biggest question marks going in were QB and OLine.

OLine is better than expected IMO.

QB is scary bad.

Special teams are no better or worse than we've had over the past 13 years.

I'm okay with RB, but that's not our game under Cumbie and we knew that.

DBs will continue to come and go. It's a crap shoot not a talent grab with DBs.

Our receivers are decent to good, but it does not matter when we don't have a QB.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

QB is scary bad.

Our receivers are decent to good, but it does not matter when we don't have a QB.
    I agree with all that. I would add that RB will only be effective in this offense when the pass game is clicking. I think Crosby is really good. He’ll shine once we have a QB.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

QB is scary bad.

Agreed.

However, Cumbie knew we needed a QB THIS YEAR, and he brought into two chumps that are backups at best.

Downing should never see the field again, much less been named the starting QB before the season began. He is literally Ensminger back again. Scared of the field.

McNeil stares down primary receivers and throws. Sometimes its good, a lot of times it's bad.

What should concern everyone here is that CUMBIE is supposed to be a QB Guru. This is the talent he brought in? Makes me wonder about the coach.

The only QB we have right now is a True Freshman that the previous coach recruited. I have given Holtz crap for years, but we need to also hold Cumbie responsible for the lack of a clear QB1 on this team. It is his team and right now its looking bad.

+ Reply to Thread