+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New California (potential 51st state)

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: New California (potential 51st state)

The first paragraph is hilarious. You can't secede from us! We secede from you! Which is fine for me but not for thee.

Can they do this without Old California's permission in the legislature? I wish them luck.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    The first paragraph is hilarious. You can't secede from us! We secede from you! Which is fine for me but not for thee.

Can they do this without Old California's permission in the legislature? I wish them luck.
    West Virginia did it over Virginia's objection. They have to get the resolution approved in both houses of Congress, so 2025 will be the earliest this could take effect.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    West Virginia did it over Virginia's objection. They have to get the resolution approved in both houses of Congress, so 2025 will be the earliest this could take effect.
    The key difference (to me, anyway) is that the WV counties were doing something that the US Congress/Lincoln desired and approved of, and New California/Jefferson isn't (I assume).

I think it is fine to pursue objectives via the law on paper but we have to be smart that those laws are ultimately worth the paper they're written on. Mao was evil but he unfortunately understood the correct source of political power.

+ Reply to Thread