+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Columbia Jerseys

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Columbia Jerseys

The shoulder stripes looks sorta odd to me due to the cut of the jersey.

I wish I could get a hi res photo and see if they are sewn on patches like our sleeve stripes.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    There was a time, not too long ago, that some around here were screaming to switch to and stay with royal blue. No other shades of blue allowed. Now, we get Columbia blue and the board is going nuts about 'em. BTW, I have never had an issue with Columbia blue. That is the official blue for Rummel, so I already have a history with it.

In the bigger picture a thread about unis is going and no one is mentioning the game they will be worn in. Probably because these unis will be the best thing we'll see Saturday.
    Well far be it for ME to say anything about our "unis" ---

For those of you feeling all nostalgic and stuff about the Columbia blue days...as irony would have it, I draw your memory back to our first year in the WAC, on Saturday, October 27, 2001. We hosted RICE for the FIRST time as conference mates that year, and they brought their "M.O.B." - an acronym for "Marching Owl Band". They were known to have a great time during their halftime shows, many times roasting their competition over one thing or the other.

It was during this 2001 timeframe that Dawg80 is remembering about "screaming to switch and stay with royal blue" as the M.O.B. roasted Tech over the P.A. system at the Joe..."Welcome to the Wacky WAC! We're glad you're here, Louisiana Tech. We have a few things to ask about you though...EXACTLY, WHAT SHADE OF BLUE ARE YOU GUYS, ANYWAY??" was among one of their questions.

Fast forward to the same week, 21 years later, in our LAST conference game against the same opponent. I'd love it if the M.O.B. returned to roast us on Saturday and asked the same question.

----ahhhh nostalgia.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I remember that! The MOB was awesome that day, and back then (they probably have been muted by PC now).

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.

We have won more championships, had better W-L percentages in Columbia Blue, Red, and White than this royal blue crap.

And please retire the LA Tech moniker. We are “Louisiana Tech”.

If I hear another yankee ESPN scout team play by play guy call us “LA Tech” I’m going to unplug their microphone.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Well far be it for ME to say anything about our "unis" ---

For those of you feeling all nostalgic and stuff about the Columbia blue days...as irony would have it, I draw your memory back to our first year in the WAC, on Saturday, October 27, 2001. We hosted RICE for the FIRST time as conference mates that year, and they brought their "M.O.B." - an acronym for "Marching Owl Band". They were known to have a great time during their halftime shows, many times roasting their competition over one thing or the other.

It was during this 2001 timeframe that Dawg80 is remembering about "screaming to switch and stay with royal blue" as the M.O.B. roasted Tech over the P.A. system at the Joe..."Welcome to the Wacky WAC! We're glad you're here, Louisiana Tech. We have a few things to ask about you though...EXACTLY, WHAT SHADE OF BLUE ARE YOU GUYS, ANYWAY??" was among one of their questions.

Fast forward to the same week, 21 years later, in our LAST conference game against the same opponent. I'd love it if the M.O.B. returned to roast us on Saturday and asked the same question.

----ahhhh nostalgia.
    I remember it vividly. Tech was really putting on Rice the first half, then fell asleep in the second half (sound familiar?). The MOB really put on an entertaining halftime. I recall the comment about knowing what color blue we are. They had a few other zingers in there as well. All in good fun!

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Wow if the team only got half as excited as you guys over the color of the uniforms Rice would be in trouble. We would win 63-0 and be 7-0 on Saturday night.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Wow if the team only got half as excited as you guys over the color of the uniforms Rice would be in trouble. We would win 63-0 and be 7-0 on Saturday night.
    You reckon we need to focus more?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    You reckon we need to focus more?
    Nope, it's all good. What the fans focus on has 0% effect on the game. Actually, if the players were focused on the uniforms that would be a disaster.

I hope Sonny has the team focused on how to move the ball and how we are going to score on Rice's top 30 defense. And most importantly, how we can stop them with our defense. Those will be the keys to the game, not the color of the uniforms.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Nope, it's all good. What the fans focus on has 0% effect on the game. Actually, if the players were focused on the uniforms that would be a disaster.

I hope Sonny has the team focused on how to move the ball and how we are going to score on Rice's top 30 defense. And most importantly, how we can stop them with our defense. Those will be the keys to the game, not the color of the uniforms.
    That was a great day! It was the day of the formal ribbon cutting of the Wyly Center.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I loved Tech's uni's today. Thought the Columbia Blue looked fantastic.

+ Reply to Thread