+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The bold, new college basketball flex scheduling model ...

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

The bold, new college basketball flex scheduling model ...

The bold, new college basketball flex scheduling model that would bring big nonconference games into February - CBSSports.com

Here's how the first-of-its-kind concept would work: For one week in February, a slew of leagues would pause their conference schedules and instead have all their members play two nonconference opponents. The model would have every team involved play one home game and one away game, with the majority of those games happening three days apart — many on Wednesday and Saturday — with the window commencing after Valentine's Day.
    Basically Bracket Busters on steroids

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: The bold, new college basketball flex scheduling model ...

Would have been cool.
    Coaches too scared for some reason.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Would have been cool.
    Coaches too scared for some reason.
    Help me out. Which coaches are you talking about?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Help me out. Which coaches are you talking about?
    There was a Twitter thread about why it didn't take off. The implication was that it was mostly coaches not wanting to give up control over who they play. Even though it would have all been tiered out so that you'd be playing someone roughly evenly matched.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

There was a Twitter thread about why it didn't take off. The implication was that it was mostly coaches not wanting to give up control over who they play. Even though it would have all been tiered out so that you'd be playing someone roughly evenly matched.
    Awesome. I was afraid this was DOA. The article implied lots of conferences are interested. They have several months to work it out for the 2023-24 season. It still has a chance.

Awesome. I was afraid this was DOA. The article implied lots of conferences are interested. They have several months to work it out for the 2023-24 season. It still has a chance.
    https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/st...02707060232192

This is the twitter thread.

Opps, my mistake. I thought the original article was current. I see now it is 5 months old. Now the original author is reporting on twitter this idea is dead. That's a shame, could have made for some exciting games.

Opps, my mistake. I thought the original article was current. I see now it is 5 months old. Now the original author is reporting on twitter this idea is dead. That's a shame, could have made for some exciting games.
    Yeah, I agree. I think there is still some hope.

+ Reply to Thread