+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Bulldogs Set for Homecoming Clash with Rice - latechsports.com

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Re: Bulldogs Set for Homecoming Clash with Rice - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    It's very obvious that Lyddy is a much better and "more polished" QB than those other two. And it's not even close. If Lyddy had played the whole game today, Tech would have run away with this game and it would have been over early in the 3rd Qtr.
    Agreed. I noticed Lyddy patting guys on the back, encouraging them. He’s a leader. Parker McNeil said in a recent interview on Bleed Tech blue podcast that he’s special. Even called him Landry Manning. I see a young Drew Brees. The crowd was certainly energized when Lyddy connected with Tre’s one handed…

I think we will remember tonight, especially the last couple of minutes, as the night Lyddy’s Tech legend was born.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I’m all for that… the next Tech QB legend

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Nope. It was a super weak call. Terrible even. All singleton did was make the incomplete signal.
    Yeah, but Singleton had the audacity to actually look at the Rice player when he did it. I didn't think it was all that overt, and I have seen worse things not called. Sometimes just looking at an opposing player will get you called for a foul (it was basketball - but just ask Jacobi Boykins about it). https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018...ical-foul-cusa

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Nope. It was a super weak call. Terrible even. All singleton did was make the incomplete signal.
    It was 100% the right call.

When you make that kind of signal standing over a player on the ground, it is automatically taunting and will be called unsportsmanlike conduct every time. That is a point of emphasis this year and will be called every time when it is that blatant. "For the 2022 season, it will be a point of emphasis for officials to penalize any taunting action that is directed at an opponent."

Standing over an opposing player and making a gesture means it is directed at the opposing player. Like I posted above, make that signal while you are running off the field and it won't draw a flag.

Another pet peeve of mine, unsportsmanlike conduct is NOT a personal foul. Can't stand it when broadcasters mix those up.

Those are two completely different types of fouls. The second unsportsmanlike conduct foul gets a player ejected. A second personal foul does not automatically get a player ejected.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post

When you make that kind of signal standing over a player on the ground, it is automatically taunting and will be called unsportsmanlike conduct every time. That is a point of emphasis this year and will be called every time when it is that blatant.

"For the 2022 season, it will be a point of emphasis for officials to penalize any taunting action that is directed at an opponent." Standing over an opposing player and making a gesture means it is directed at the opposing player.

Like I posted above, make that signal while you are running off the field and it won't draw a flag.

Another pet peeve of mine, unsportsmanlike conduct is NOT a personal foul. Those are two completely different types of fouls.

The second unsportsmanlike conduct foul gets a player ejected. A second personal foul does not automatically get a player ejected.
    Moreover, it fits with the pattern of behavior we've observed from this team this year. No one is surprised when we get this call because we've been getting unsportsmanlikes all season.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Moreover, it fits with the pattern of behavior we've observed from this team this year. No one is surprised when we get this call because we've been getting unsportsmanlikes all season.
    100% correct. And all we have heard is lip service about it, and that clearly isn't working.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post

When you make that kind of signal standing over a player on the ground, it is automatically taunting and will be called unsportsmanlike conduct every time. That is a point of emphasis this year and will be called every time when it is that blatant. "For the 2022 season, it will be a point of emphasis for officials to penalize any taunting action that is directed at an opponent."

Standing over an opposing player and making a gesture means it is directed at the opposing player. Like I posted above, make that signal while you are running off the field and it won't draw a flag.

Another pet peeve of mine, unsportsmanlike conduct is NOT a personal foul. Can't stand it when broadcasters mix those up.

Those are two completely different types of fouls. The second unsportsmanlike conduct foul gets a player ejected. A second personal foul does not automatically get a player ejected.
    Nope

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Well it fits a pattern kinda…. one of the calls against North Texas was our guy retaliating when their player was standing directly over him and wouldn’t move. If I’m SC I tell our guys to react that way every time. So it’s also a pattern of poor officiating. If we are gonna be known for something I’d rather it be defending ourselves and each other than being known for the coaches wife making bulldog crunch.

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I hope we are recruiting some good LBs and safeties. We have got to make that a priority for this next class.
    A WR that can catch a ball when in his hands too… If we have one of those we win in that last possession of regulation after that huge defensive stop.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUBLUE View Post
    Well it fits a pattern kinda…. one of the calls against North Texas was our guy retaliating when their player was standing directly over him and wouldn’t move. If I’m SC I tell our guys to react that way every time. So it’s also a pattern of poor officiating. If we are gonna be known for something I’d rather it be defending ourselves and each other than being known for the coaches wife making bulldog crunch.
    If teams know that about you, they will easily provoke you into 15 yard penalties all night. That’s not a good plan for winning football games.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Agreed. I noticed Lyddy patting guys on the back, encouraging them. He’s a leader. Parker McNeil said in a recent interview on Bleed Tech blue podcast that he’s special. Even called him Landry Manning. I see a young Drew Brees. The crowd was certainly energized when Lyddy connected with Tre’s one handed…

I think we will remember tonight, especially the last couple of minutes, as the night Lyddy’s Tech legend was born.
    I thought the same thing after the game. The end of this game was the beginning of the Lyddy era...I HOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    If teams know that about you, they will easily provoke you into 15 yard penalties all night. That’s not a good plan for winning football games.
    Sometimes you just gotta ask yourself “What would Joe Raymond do?”

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

A WR that can catch a ball when in his hands too… If we have one of those we win in that last possession of regulation after that huge defensive stop.
    100%.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

That ball was deflected just enough to cause a bobble while Tre was running full speed. It wasn’t a flat-out “drop”

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

I’d rather it be defending ourselves and each other than being known for the coaches wife making bulldog crunch.
    That made me laugh. Good one .

What does Mrs. Holtz call her snack now that Skip is coaching the Stallions?

+ Reply to Thread