+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bands playing during play

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Bands playing during play

Is there not a rule in high school against bands playing while the ball is in play?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Bands playing during play

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Is there not a rule in high school against bands playing while the ball is in play?
    Depends on what school is playing. It may be "the culture".

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

West Monroe playing while Ruston has the ball.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

From what I can tell there is no specific NFHS rule. Some states may have specific guidelines.

If the offensive team complains to the white hat, he can warn the defensive team's head coach to have the band quit when a play is about to be run. But all that would do is make the defensive team's crowd yell louder, so it is just play on.

If offensive players can't handle a high school crowd and band, they won't fare too well at the next level.

College bands are not supposed to play during game action as that is covered under unsportsmanlike conduct in NCAA rules.

I didn’t post anything else during the game, but Ruston did the same when WM had the ball. They were both okay with it. I didn’t really care, but all I watch is college and knew there had to be a difference in rules.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

I teach at D3 UMHB. Yesterday was a closer than expected game and Howard Payne was trying to score down eight in the last minute. The UMHB band kept playing as the play started. The resulting penalty left HPU with a 1st and goal at the four. They scored with 30 seconds left and made the two-point. Looked like the band had made a huge impact. UMHB drove down and kicked a FG in those last 30 seconds, though.

I have family that teach down there. Always talking about how fun the football is at UMHB. The Dr.‘s Holcomb are my aunt and uncle.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I have family that teach down there. Always talking about how fun the football is at UMHB. The Dr.‘s Holcomb are my aunt and uncle.
    Really. We were just at a conference together in Dallas. Went to see My Fair Lady together on Friday night. Carol and I have actually been at four different schools together. And David and I were in the same program at Baylor.

+ Reply to Thread