+ Reply to Thread

Thread: $2 Billion Powerball

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

$2 Billion Powerball

It has reached an historic high as no one won it last night. Will probably be around $2.3 billion by the next drawing this week.

Recently an investing/financial planner guru posted a video where he offered some advice to the eventual winner. It included "Put $150 million into this ETF, another $150 million into these bonds,..." etc. He gave specifics which I don't remember. But actually it is nearly impossible to go wrong when you have a windfall of that much money to start with. Any reasonable, legal investing vehicle will work for ya!

I hope I have this "problem" to deal with.

Yes, Tech will benefit too!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: $2 Billion Powerball

Powerball is approaching $1 billion, just a couple of months after the recent $2 billion drawing was hit.

Just watched a video about it, and how it is really a "regressive" tax since over 60% of the ticket purchasers come from the lower middle-class and the working poor, and some welfare recipients too, of course. Another 35% comes from the middle class, with only about 5% from the wealthy. If we're going to have a tax, then I like this kind. It is a voluntary tax, which most taxes should be. If the Constitution, Federal and states, does not specifically call for a service to be provided, then ANY guvmint programs/agencies should be funded ONLY by voluntary taxes and user fees. Of course, that would mean about 90% of guvmint then!

As for us, I would love to win $1 billion and have to deal with all the "problems" that comes with it. I can handle it. There have been stories of people winning a lot of money, suddenly, and ending up broke and broken. Suicides, murders, and divorces, family riffs, lost friendships have all been the results sometimes. But that's because those folks were "renters" to start with and lacked the wherewithal to deal with the sudden, windfall wealth. I have an attorney on retainer and an awesome CPA...plus my own superior common sense . Bring it on!

Yes, Tech will benefit too!

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Re: $2 Billion Powerball

“The lottery: a tax on people who are bad at math”. Still one of my favorite bumper stickers.

Right after it started in La. I was behind a woman in line. She had bought five scratch-offs at $1 each. Got one $5 winner. Bought five more which were all losers. She walked out saying “well, at least I won $5.”

I was actually nice enough not to correct her.

+ Reply to Thread