+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Preview: LA Tech vs. Arkansas State

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Preview: LA Tech vs. Arkansas State

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

RUSTON, La.*– The Louisiana Tech women's basketball team will host Arkansas State for the annual Education Day game inside the Thomas Assembly Center on Karl Malone Court at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 10.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Arkansas State

This should be a good first test. A. State is not a great team, but is decent and returning their top 5 scorers. I don't consider the last game a real one - more of a practice game against a lower division school. Tonight we should show what we are capable of this season. I will be looking for consistency more than anything - no big lapses in our play. I want intensity from start to finish.

Someone might could educate me on why we scheduled an 11:30am game, though. I have work and meetings, but will catch things as I can...

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Guess what there is no video
    SHOCKING

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Got video but not sure about sound

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Down 16-21 after first. Fortunate to get it there, down 7-16 mid quarter. ASU with a harassing, aggressive, pressing defense giving us lots of trouble, outrebounded 9-5. Were handling the aggressive defense better.

Well, down 18 - 30 seven minutes second, more turnovers

28-35 down half, missing way to many layups. Bates a great half with 12 pts

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Up 46-43 after 3rd. ASU missed a few and we got the ball down court fast. ASU 9 of 10 free throws, us 6-11

59 - 56 WIN, held on. Free throws (8-15), TURNOVERS, missed layups gotta get better.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    59 - 56 WIN, held on. Free throws (8-15), TURNOVERS, missed layups gotta get better.
    That was one heck of a great second half - especially with our defense in the 3rd quarter. I didn't like struggling out of the gate, but A State started out shooting 70%, which always makes it difficult. This was a game that I could truly see the half time adjustments in action. We clamped down and won a good come from behind game.

Excellent observation on halftime adjustments. They were obvious and won the game for us. Nativi has stepped up her game, poised and a leader with an all court game.

Is it just me or has Nativi gotten taller as well as Amaya both look way more athletic this year.
    Green is struggling but I think it is just settling in to the game.
    Walker seemed to be doing something different on her jump shot it almost looked at times like a hitch and not a clean release follow through.
    I love the depth we have we are deep especially with being able to run our offense and get into the offense.

Oh and Salma is just entertaining she has a very quiet swag. We just have to develop that gut them out the gate mentality.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Brooke is one of the best FT shooters in history, men's and women's, yet her players can't shoot FTs worth a damn. Must drive her nuts, I know it does to me.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

ASU was 12-16 last year, 4-9 on the road.

Played 8 players in this game and all were sophomores except one senior, who scored only five points.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    ASU was 12-16 last year, 4-9 on the road.

Played 8 players in this game and all were sophomores except one senior, who scored only five points.
    They are a much different team this year, though. They are a tough bunch. They are not world beaters, but will not be at the bottom of the belt either. I do agree with everything Phil stated above. I will add that Walker just wasn't the same player last night. I hope that was just a bad game for her - she did some great things, but she didn't play to her potential. This group is going to be fun to watch as they continue to improve.

+ Reply to Thread