+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sonny Cumbie Press Conference Week 12 - latechsports.com

Varsity Bulldog thewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Sonny Cumbie Press Conference Week 12 - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by veerbone View Post
    Cumbie done fine. Holtz built a finesse program and we were a soft football team the last two years. Gonna take some time to change that. I'm not a fan of the defensive scheme but the injuries made a huge impact considering the lack of experience.

I feel like we're headed in the right direction but it's gonna take time.
    But maybe the move would be to adapt to the players we have than trying to force a square in a round hole

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thewyldman View Post
    But maybe the move would be to adapt to the players we have than trying to force a square in a round hole
    There’s not a system out there that would work with the players we have. It ain’t exes and ohs as much as Jimmy and Joes

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that installing such a complicated "Defensive scheme" is foolish in and of itself. Why would any coach saddle your defense with such a complicated and complex system, especially when your defense is manned by a bunch of transfer portal vagabonds who CAN'T SIMPLY TACKLE anyway?

LA Tech's defense is currently ranked #126 (out of 131 FBS schools) in TOTAL DEFENSE in the nation. Obviously "complicated" isn't helping.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/...ent/team/22/p3

KISS Method. Keep it simple stupid.
    It isn't just foolish, it is incompetence. This isn't the NFL where you have players under contract (control). You have had the spring, pre-season and now 11 effing games and we still haven't installed the defense? Give me a break! Meanwhile we just lost to Charlotte and FIU (they were the laughingstock of football very recently) in the same season. This is absolutely ridiculous. Cumbie needs to figure a lot of this stuff out.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veerbone View Post
    Cumbie done fine. Holtz built a finesse program and we were a soft football team the last two years. Gonna take some time to change that. I'm not a fan of the defensive scheme but the injuries made a huge impact considering the lack of experience.

I feel like we're headed in the right direction but it's gonna take time.
    You are seeing something I am not seeing, that's for sure. I saw a team that didn't get better as the season went on. I do not see the right direction at all. Please tell me what you saw on the field that was going in the right direction.

Varsity Bulldog thewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    It isn't just foolish, it is incompetence. This isn't the NFL where you have players under contract (control). You have had the spring, pre-season and now 11 effing games and we still haven't installed the defense? Give me a break! Meanwhile we just lost to Charlotte and FIU (they were the laughingstock of football very recently) in the same season. This is absolutely ridiculous. Cumbie needs to figure a lot of this stuff out.
    Yeah with the current transfer system you can't spend years installing the perfect system

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by thewyldman View Post
    Yeah with the current transfer system you can't spend years installing the perfect system
    Well, you can if you are one of the haves and not a have not. They can recruit players who fit their system away from other schools. Basically, G5 programs are auditions for the big time.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

You are seeing something I am not seeing, that's for sure. I saw a team that didn't get better as the season went on. I do not see the right direction at all. Please tell me what you saw on the field that was going in the right direction.
    Running game got slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Well, you can if you are one of the haves and not a have not. They can recruit players who fit their system away from other schools. Basically, G5 programs are auditions for the big time.
    Just as the have-nots would pick up JUCOs, the haves pick us... but we should be able to grab some of the have's that are dropped.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBark View Post
    What do you think the effects are?
    Negative deviations in speed, endurance, etc.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect most of the defense - if not all - has been installed. With the exception of the SFA dbs and a handful of other players, no one on that side of the ball - mainly because of injuries - has had enough reps in the entire system to make a major impact.

That's been true about every new system we've installed throughout the I-A era. It's just this staff has been honest and upfront about where we are as a program.

And the reality is some on our defense who have had to play major roles were slated to be 3rd teamers coming out of the spring. Not nearly ready to get large numbers of snaps at this level. We can go simple with the defense all we want, but at times we've simply gotten crushed at the line of scrimmage.

Also, it's clear it's never been about this season. This has always been a major rebuild.

Would they have liked to get to a bowl game? Absolutely! And I think it's clear that would have happened had McNeil not gotten hurt. The Rice, Charlotte, and FIU games would have been similar to MTSU if he would have been on the field for 4 quarters in each of those games.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

UAB is 5-6 and is playing for bowl eligibility, they should be motivated and bringing their "A" game. I want to see the Dawgs show up and match their intensity. That will be a reflection on coaching and where this team is mentally, which stems from the top: coaching and team leaders.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    UAB is 5-6 and is playing for bowl eligibility, they should be motivated and bringing their "A" game. I want to see the Dawgs show up and match their intensity. That will be a reflection on coaching and where this team is mentally, which stems from the top: coaching and team leaders.
    Who would that be? Smoke can't catch consistently, Grubbs is out, both senior QB's are gone, Hebert is used sparingly, Lyddy has a LONG way to go.
    Who? (serious question)

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Who would that be? Smoke can't catch consistently, Grubbs is out, both senior QB's are gone, Hebert is used sparingly, Lyddy has a LONG way to go.
    Who? (serious question)
    Exactly...who? Which points to one of many problems plaguing this team.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

UAB will win by three touchdowns. That’s best case scenario for us. Worst case scenario is a score similar to UTSA score. I hope that SC is out hitting the recruiting trail hard to try and infuse some talent into this program. I don’t care about a star rating, give me a mentally tough kid that wants to be here and is coachable.

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    UAB will win by three touchdowns. That’s best case scenario for us. Worst case scenario is a score similar to UTSA score. I hope that SC is out hitting the recruiting trail hard to try and infuse some talent into this program. I don’t care about a star rating, give me a mentally tough kid that wants to be here and is coachable.
    Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't UAB also have a first-year coach.

I hope the Dawgs do better than at least a 3-touchdown defeat. And on par with the UTSA result? Sheeesh! If that happens Coach Crummy should be fired immediately afterwards. This is effing UAB, they are 5-6, they are just another CUSA team (worse FBS conference). No way should Tech EVER lose to a conference foe by 6 touchdowns or such nonsense....NEVER!

What good are good recruits if the coaching staff is a joke? Crummy has to step up and show me something. This is his last chance this year. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I expect to see the Dawgs standing toe-to-toe with UAB and battling into the 4th quarter, at least. Winning? Yeah...why not? Might need a couple of breaks, but heck! Give yourself a chance.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    UAB-LSU would’ve been closer if UAB’s QB could hit the side of a barn. I think Tech will be lucky to stay within 4 TD’s.

+ Reply to Thread