+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preview: LA Tech at UL-Lafayette

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Preview: LA Tech at UL-Lafayette

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

The Louisiana Tech Men's Basketball teams travels south to take on long-time rival UL-Lafayette in what will be the 168th meeting on record.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Preview: LA Tech at UL-Lafayette

Playing well in spurts again. Having the lead is strictly due to the opponent. Lots to clean up. Refs swallowing whistle when Laff fouls us.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quit playing team ball. One on one will get us beat

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Tried to force it inside way too much after getting the 11-point lead, and that wasn't going to turn out well against the size.

Defense was off balance for most of the second half, and Tech's offense just isn't good enough yet to match score for score with no stops.

Big Dog LATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really nice LATECH87's Avatar

Went to the game tonight with the wife. Played well but started falling down the stretch. We have a good team but have some things to clean up. Credit ULL on the come back and to take the win. Hate to ever lose to them but as always PROUD TO BE A LOUISIANA TECH BULLDOG!

Bradford and Green are liabilities. Should see way fewer minutes than they do.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

How in the hell did we go from giving up 35 pts to ULALA in the 1st half to giving up 59 pts to them in the 2nd half? That's crazy!!

Who lets anybody score 60 points on 'em in one half? NOBODY can win games giving up 60 pts in a single half. That's the kind of points the Washington Generals give up to the Harlem Globetrotters in a half for fake entertainment.

88 points should be enough to win. It's the Tech DEFENSE that's obviously lacking.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    How in the hell did we go from giving up 35 pts to ULALA in the 1st half to giving up 59 pts to them in the 2nd half? That's crazy!!

Who lets anybody score 60 points on 'em in one half? NOBODY can win games giving up 60 pts in a single half. That's the kind of points the Washington Generals give up to the Harlem Globetrotters in a half for fake entertainment.
    Looking at the stats we had a great shooting night. 52.4% from the floor, 56.3% from 3, 92.9 % from the line.

But we had 13 free throws made, to their 22. 9 point difference and lost by 6.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

When we entered the bonus with over 14 minutes left in the game I thought “that’s what will beat us”

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Going back to the Mike White era, we've had some pretty good teams lose in Lafayette. I thought Cobe looked like the best player on the court and I liked our effort. ULL just got it going down the stretch and overtook us. Credit to them. I think we have some pieces that will be built into a TEAM, still putting it together. We are better than I thought we'd be.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Going back to the Mike White era, we've had some pretty good teams lose in Lafayette. I thought Cobe looked like the best player on the court and I liked our effort. ULL just got it going down the stretch and overtook us. Credit to them. I think we have some pieces that will be built into a TEAM, still putting it together. We are better than I thought we'd be.
    Always building, never built.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

But how does our defense give up 59 points in one half? Were our guys auditioning for positions with the Washington Generals?

I mean, seriously........that's a UNCONN Women's basketball beating up on St Francis, PA "type" score for one half.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/22808077

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    But how does our defense give up 59 points in one half? Were our guys auditioning for positions with the Washington Generals?

I mean, seriously........that's a UNCONN Women's basketball beating up on St Francis, PA "type" score for one half.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/22808077
    Both teams were playing fast and exchanging blows, we flinched. They got some freebies down the stretch. But, you're right, 59 points in a half is unacceptable.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Both teams were playing fast and exchanging blows, we flinched. They got some freebies down the stretch. But, you're right, 59 points in a half is unacceptable.
    I mean, shit guys.......this wasn't DUKE we lost to.

This makes me very worried about our new "Head Coach".....

We gave up 59 because we quit playing as a team. We quit making buckets and gave up buckets in transition. Our rotation on defense was slow and we gave up open looks or easy buckets under the basket on which we also fouled. We went basically one on one for the last 7 or 8 minutes and it lost us the game. Also, Bradford and Green should only play when someone fouls out.

+ Reply to Thread