+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tech going forward in the Name/Image/Likeness (NIL) era as well as The Portal

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Tech going forward in the Name/Image/Likeness (NIL) era as well as The Portal

I wanted to start a thread where we can throw around ideas, suggestions for how we will navigate the future now that we are at the beginning of the NIL era. I would love to see constructive and positive ideas but we also have to acknowledge that we are not Texas, A&M, Alabama, USC. Give me reality and and I can make reality based decisions that bring about real improvements.

I’m all for free speech and zero censorship, but if it’s just “we suck, all hope is lost” is the comment, feel free to start a thread with that title.

This said I’m sure we’ve seen the back-and-forth between Jimbo and Nick. As Saban explained, we can see that some schools are going to be setting up collectives which are basically administered by marketing companies, alarm/boosters contribute to these collectives and players are paid. I’m not a fan of this, but we here we are.

So….where will Tech fit in in this new landscape? How can we position ourselves to get the best players possible ? Who is our recruit? What is our pitch? Why would a player choose Tech out of high school, or transfer in?

On the other side of the coin, I really appreciate what Deion Sanders is doing at Jackson State down the road. He is building a program that sets guys up to win at life, not trying to buy players. I believe these same type guys are future Tech guys.

Thoughts, comments, ideas?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech going forward in the Name/Image/Likeness (NIL) era as well as The Portal

Sanders at Jackson State is DEFINITELY buying players. No way he is actually developing talent.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech going forward in the Name/Image/Likeness (NIL) era as well as The Portal

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Sanders at Jackson State is DEFINITELY buying players. No way he is actually developing talent.
    That's how you win.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I wanted to start a thread where we can throw around ideas, suggestions for how we will navigate the future now that we are at the beginning of the NIL era. I would love to see constructive and positive ideas but we also have to acknowledge that we are not Texas, A&M, Alabama, USC. Give me reality and and I can make reality based decisions that bring about real improvements.

I’m all for free speech and zero censorship, but if it’s just “we suck, all hope is lost” is the comment, feel free to start a thread with that title.

This said I’m sure we’ve seen the back-and-forth between Jimbo and Nick. As Saban explained, we can see that some schools are going to be setting up collectives which are basically administered by marketing companies, alarm/boosters contribute to these collectives and players are paid. I’m not a fan of this, but we here we are.

So….where will Tech fit in in this new landscape? How can we position ourselves to get the best players possible ? Who is our recruit? What is our pitch? Why would a player choose Tech out of high school, or transfer in?

On the other side of the coin, I really appreciate what Deion Sanders is doing at Jackson State down the road. He is building a program that sets guys up to win at life, not trying to buy players. I believe these same type guys are future Tech guys.

I asked about collectives back in the summer. Got crickets. I assumed we had not yet heard about collectives. Give us 20 years.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

First, we need to match other G5’s in COA. Are we doing that?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

According to Bette Midler’s Twitter account, we don’t have enough money as a university to replace accoustic tiles in some of our classrooms. We are the cheapest school in the country. We don’t have any room to pay anything else out.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I wanted to start a thread where we can throw around ideas…, Give me reality and I can make reality based decisions that bring about real improvements.
    Are you saying you’re in a real life position to actually do something related to helping Tech improve their footing in creating an improved football program?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Travis Hunter and Shedeur Sanders are each making strong six-figures at Jackson State. You need to learn about more about Deion Sanders. People think NIL is a new thought. Wrong. Deion created NIL in a dorm room in Tallahassee, Florida way back in the 1980's. Back then he named it Prime Time.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    According to Bette Midler’s Twitter account, we don’t have enough money as a university to replace accoustic tiles in some of our classrooms. We are the cheapest school in the country. We don’t have any room to pay anything else out.
    But our football locker room is sweet. LOL

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

A collective sounds necessary.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Collectives? Tell us more.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Collectives? Tell us more.
    It’s a booster club that launders the money to get past NCAA rules.

+ Reply to Thread