+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CFB Playoff bracket growing to 12 teams in 2024. Only 12?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: CFB Playoff bracket growing to 12 teams in 2024. Only 12?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    It’s going to be UGA, Mich, TCU, and OSU in that order. All the top teams struggled when they shouldn’t have. 1 and 2 are indisputable, I think. The next 6-8 teams considered top level have a lot more flaws than 1 and 2. Georgia will win the semi game. De facto home game. They should beat the winner of the 2-3 by 10.
    I think you have the play-off teams ranked correctly. I think all 3 games will be 10+ affairs, hope we are both wrong there. I hope the games are more competitive.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Alabama has felt all over the place this year, so I don’t know what to expect from a matchup between the two. They’d blow out some teams and have a close game with others like A&M (too close even with QB being out!), LSU, Ole Miss, and Texas. Heck, Texas would likely have beaten Alabama if their starting QB were not hurt in the first half. This season has been hard to gauge based on head2head results.
    Yeah that was kind of an unfair question on my part because: A) You honestly don't which teams Vegas would pick to favor in a game. Or how they pick them perhaps. Or B) If you understood how Vegas picks games you know Alabama would be favored over TCU. Most people without an agenda understand Alabama today is the better team. That said I do not think the committee picks Alabama, they will go with TCU and Ohio State.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Tulane vs. USC in the Cotton Bowl

That's the early news leaking out. Wow! if true, good for the Greenies.

Actually I think Tulane played USC in the Rose Bowl back in the 1940's. Have to check on that.

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Tulane vs. USC in the Cotton Bowl

That's the early news leaking out. Wow! if true, good for the Greenies.

Actually I think Tulane played USC in the Rose Bowl back in the 1940's. Have to check on that.
    1931 I think. Lost.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

1931? My memory is getting worse and worse.

From memory they lost 21-14. That's just grasping at long ago faded memories.

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

Tulane played in the Cotton Bowl Jan. 1 1941 you might be thinking of that one. It was against Texas A&M

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    1931? My memory is getting worse and worse.

From memory they lost 21-14. That's just grasping at long ago faded memories.
    Well, that's understandable D80. You were only in your teen's back in 1931, so it was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Well, that's understandable D80. You were only in your teen's back in 1931, so it was a long time ago.
    My EARLY teens, bud!

+ Reply to Thread