+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Preview: LA Tech vs. Alcorn State

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Preview: LA Tech vs. Alcorn State

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

RUSTON, La.*– The Louisiana Tech women's basketball team returns home after five straight games on the road to face Alcorn State Saturday, Dec. 3, at 2 p.m. inside the Thomas Assembly Center on Karl Malone Court.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Alcorn State

Techsters beat Alcorn State 70-59. Were 30 of 35 from the FT line, 86%. Okay, very good, but we scored about half our points from the line. Their whole team must have fouled out, you would think, but actually no one did.

Just keep winning.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Way too many turnovers (24) to be making against a team like Alcorn. And allowing 36 points in the paint is plain not good.

This team is not clicking anywhere near on all cylinders yet.

Next up is Vanderbilt who started 5-0 including an 11-point win at WKU before losing four of the last five. Commodores play UT Martin at 11:00 AM Sunday on SEC Network.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I have watched almost all games so far this year and this was BY FAR the most sloppy. Alcorn pestered us full court all night rotating in 5 players at a time over and over. We had a horrible shooting night, as well. Need to clean that up and get ready for much better competition soon.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Tough crowd in here...

The trick, folks, is to have measured expectations. I no longer expect great things from Tech Women's Hoops. Haven't for many years, actually. Therefore, a win over Alcorn State, especially if we didn't play very well, as seems to be the consensus, is very good. Heck, we won!

As a side note, we are now 10-0 all-time, 8-0 in the TAC, vs. Alcorn State. As I recall one of those wins was in the opening round of the NCAA playoffs. the Alcorn band, joined by their 50 fans, chanted "Over rated!" at the Techsters. To which the Hoop Troop responded, "Never rated! Never rated!" I have never seen a group of people go silent so fast as that Alcorn bunch did.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Tough crowd in here...

The trick, folks, is to have measured expectations. I no longer expect great things from Tech Women's Hoops. Haven't for many years, actually. Therefore, a win over Alcorn State, especially if we didn't play very well, as seems to be the consensus, is very good. Heck, we won!

As a side note, we are now 10-0 all-time, 8-0 in the TAC, vs. Alcorn State. As I recall one of those wins was in the opening round of the NCAA playoffs. the Alcorn band, joined by their 50 fans, chanted "Over rated!" at the Techsters. To which the Hoop Troop responded, "Never rated! Never rated!" I have never seen a group of people go silent so fast as that Alcorn bunch did.
    I have no expectations of greatness. I just expect a competent performance when playing average or worse competition.

24 turnovers and allowing 36 points in the paint against a team at Alcorn's level does not generate any confidence from me. Neither does a great 1st quarter at SMU followed by three quarters of sub-par play that led to a loss in a very winnable game.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

My fear is for the last several years we have been the hunters. Always chasing teams down gutty cardiac kid types. We are way more talented that alot of these teams but we still don't have that . I am a bad a** attitude.
    We have an extremely weak Vandy team coming in here this week and we should blow their doors off or make them play to our expectation of greatness I am interested to see if we get in a grind it down sloppy craptastic game they need it to be to have a chance.

+ Reply to Thread