+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal 2023

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Transfer Portal 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    The reason for the 2.5-hour games?
    Media timeouts of no more than 1 minute (vs 45 minutes of the TV-required timeouts)
    No Play Review Timeouts of 4-5 minutes.

Oh and all their games are at least live-streamed by the host team. (Some decent broadcasts, but not all are of the best quality).

Would the Ruston community rally around a D2 team? Probably not like the should when P5s are within 5 hours of drive time in almost all directions.

Can anyone name the very first D2 National Champion?
    I'm gonna guess TECH!

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Not sure how accurate these projections are, but on3.com has predicted the following:

Tyler Grubbs 100% to UCONN.
    Tre Harris 100% to Mississippi State.
    Allen Walker 100% to Maryland.

Tre twitted out offers from: Mississippi State, West Virginia an
    d Oklahoma.
    Tyler
    twitted out offers from: UCONN, Tulane, Troy, and Arkansas State.
    Allen only
    twitted out an offer from Martland.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

UConn?

That's pretty insulting. Must be forking over some NIL money.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I would have guessed Tulane.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    UConn?

That's pretty insulting. Must be forking over some NIL money.
    Yeah, Uconn is just crazy.

I don't thing Grubbs move is about NIL. There has to be more here than we have heard so far.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

I kind of doubt the UCONN prediction, even though they are in a better place than we are at the moment. I think he is hoping for a P5 offer. If these remain his only offers I think he goes to Tulane. He played high school at Holy Cross in New Orleans. He comes from a stable family background, so I do not think NIL is the deciding factor in his case. I think the first sentence of Bone_afide’s post sums it up nicely….. “Grubbs leaving says a whole lot about the status of Tech as a program….”

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I would have guessed Tulane.
    I mean, Tulane I can see. I still wouldn't love it, but he'd be going closer to home, they had their best year in the last 25ish years, I'd get it.

UConn also had a better year than average for them, but I just can't see how they're more desirable than a TON of places where I would expect he'd have an opportunity.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I mean, Tulane I can see. I still wouldn't love it, but he'd be going closer to home, they had their best year in the last 25ish years, I'd get it.

UConn also had a better year than average for them, but I just can't see how they're more desirable than a TON of places where I would expect he'd have an opportunity.
    I don't care enough at this point to look into it, but if you want to find the link, it's probably a UCONN assistant with NOLA ties.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Today on3.com acknowledges Tyler now also has offers from UCF and Appy State. They now predict UCF 53.3% and UCONN 46.7%.

Also Tre received offers from Penn State and Minnesota. They predict Mississippi State 53.3% and Penn State 46.7%.

I think all on3.com does is post the schools that the players have posted on social media and guess from there.

That being said I guess Tre goes to Mississippi State. Tyler picks between UCF and Tulane. Who knows at this point they both may get better offers before it’s all over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post

That being said I guess Tre goes to Mississippi State.
    Lots of opportunities for receptions there.

And they have at least one opening, based on the slightly salty tweet from one of their WRs this week (I think it was a WR).

As for Grubbs, I'll just say again that losing a guy (that you'd want to keep and aren't running off) to UConn would be quite a blow. To a P5, it sucks, but that's the current situation. To another G5 with more money or close to home or where you might fit better in the scheme (or all of the above), it sucks a little more but it is understandable. To UConn? That's almost worse than losing a kid to ULM.

They guy you are speaking of is a running back, but very funny nonetheless. Kind of stupid on his part but oh well.

Sure UCONN has had some hard times since the Big East dissolved but they are in a better position than us right now. They are bowl eligible, are a program that is rising and have a coach who has been an NFL head coach.

We are a program in decline and fired a burned-out coach and replaced him with an incompetent or overwhelmed coach (time will tell which). We better hope he is just overwhelmed and his plan to turn us into a winner works and works soon. With the way our conference is aligned moving forward that should not be that difficult.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Screw 'em! I'm sick of hearing, "Can't blame the players...."

Same with Junior...our fans were up his butt after he put UAB on his list of possible transfer spots.

Either be a Tech fan or not.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Screw 'em! I'm sick of hearing, "Can't blame the players...."

Same with Junior...our fans were up his butt after he put UAB on his list of possible transfer spots.

Either be a Tech fan or not.
    I seem to remember him making some kind of comment or post on Twitter that indicated he definitely wasnt going there.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I would be all in favor of dropping back to D2 and focusing on basketball and baseball or scheduling several money games a year for revenue purposes to help build the other programs. We will never ever compete again in NCAA football in any meaningful way. The days of us going to Bama or Michigan St and winning are over. There’s just way too many obstacles that a team like Louisiana Tech must navigate to be able to be consistently competitive. The transfer portal is just one more obstacle that benefits the haves at the expense of the have nots.
    I agree and this idea deserves its own thread. Let’s just face reality and get off the D1 rollercoaster and have fun again at games.

Question (anyone): Could we go D2 in football only and stay D1 in our other sports? I see D1 football getting seriously, deeply corrupted pretty quick with NIL and The Portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I seem to remember him making some kind of comment or post on Twitter that indicated he definitely wasnt going there.
    Nobody thought he was actually going there. The fact that he listed them as a "possible" was the rub. He likely tweeted out the "not going there" thing after he figured out his mistake.

What does a coach even say to a recruit now? What does a coach expect to hear from a recruit?

+ Reply to Thread