+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preview: LA Tech vs. UTEP

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. UTEP

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    It was definitely a bad game and UTEP had two bigs in the middle that were hard to stop. Brooke's teams always seem to get better (maybe no enough, but definitely better) as the years goes forward. I am not going to worry about the first conference game - don't like it, but not going to worry. I will just hope that we keep improving and our talent lives up to itself. Every sport is a roller coaster. I will be cheering on all our teams each time we take the court or field.
    There is plenty of reason to worry about the way this team has played over several games, not just against UTEP.

They are playing more like a team in danger of not getting a bye to the conference tournament quarterfinals (top 5) than a team picked to finish second in the conference.

The same mistakes keep happening game after game (bad shot selection, numerous unforced turnovers, major defensive lapses).

UTEP may have had two bigs, but Tech made it easy for them with a weak fronting defense that was too easy to throw over the top for layup after layup.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. UTEP

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    There is plenty of reason to worry about the way this team has played over several games, not just against UTEP.

They are playing more like a team in danger of not getting a bye to the conference tournament quarterfinals (top 5) than a team picked to finish second in the conference.

The same mistakes keep happening game after game (bad shot selection, numerous unforced turnovers, major defensive lapses).

UTEP may have had two bigs, but Tech made it easy for them with a weak fronting defense that was too easy to throw over the top for layup after layup.
    I agree with most of your post. We just differ on the "worry" part. TOTALLY agree about us making it too easy for their bigs. We will get better - like we have each year under Brooke. My hope is that it it sooner and in time to get to the top of the conference by mid-season. It is very possible.

+ Reply to Thread