+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Early Signing Day

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Early Signing Day

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    And we only have 1 of the top 50 in the 247 composite rankings for Louisiana. Tulane has 7, while ULL has 2.
    But then like 5 within that 50-60 range, right? So like 6 in the top 60?

Lots of arbitrary ways to group recruits. That's why every single school will announce how happy they are with their class.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    But then like 5 within that 50-60 range, right? So like 6 in the top 60?

Lots of arbitrary ways to group recruits. That's why every single school will announce how happy they are with their class.
    Okay so we get the leftovers after LSU and Tulane takes the players they want.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Okay so we get the leftovers after LSU and Tulane takes the players they want.
    It's always been that way with LSU.

Less so with Tulane, on the whole - but I bet they've always won their share of direct recruiting battles with us (particularly down south). I imagine the overall rankings for Tech/Tulane/ULL over the last 5, 10, 15, 20 years are roughly in the same general area with specifics driving the "winner" overall in any given year (big year, size of class, that one big get that never actually makes it to campus, transfers, jucos, whatever).

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Hard to put too much stock in signing day given the fluidity of college rosters these days with the portal and NIL.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Tulane was once rigid on grades. Looks like they finally decided that model was only for the losers.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

As the late great Bobby Aillet once said, "Every coach tells you he had a great recruiting class, but he's never sure until two or three years later."
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    As the late great Bobby Aillet once said, "Every coach tells you he had a great recruiting class, but he's never sure until two or three years later."
    Unfortunately these days that evaluation would include checking on former players at other schools.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    BleedTechBlue (rivals.com)
    Keystone Allison OL Carthage, TX 6'4" 270 0 SIGNED
    Ja'Marion Kennedy DT Shreveport, LA 6'3" 295 0 SIGNED
    Keith Willis RB Houston, TX 6'0" 215 5.4 SIGNED
    Eli Finley TE Heath, TX 6'6" 245 5.5 SIGNED
    Demardrick Blunt WR Monroe, LA 6'1" 188 5.4 SIGNED
    Dakota Williams WR Hahnville, LA 6'2" 195 5.4 SIGNED
    Michael Richard Jr. DB New Orleans, LA 5'9" 159 5.5 SIGNED
    Colton Deckard LB Muenster, TX 6'3" 200 5.3 SIGNED
    Roy Brackins III OL Baton Rouge, LA 6'2" 264 5.3 SIGNED
    Troy Smith OL New Orleans, LA 6'4" 280 5.5 SIGNED
    Cam Hill DB Farmerville, LA 6'3" 184 5.4 SIGNED
    Evan Bullock QB Anna, TX 6'4" 210 5.5 SIGNED

Ked Harper DB Carthage , TX 6'1" 170 0 VERBAL
    Delvin Whittaker LB Saint Francisville, LA 6'2" 259 5.6 SIGNED
    Charlie Robinson DE Monroe, LA 6'3" 230 5.4 VERBAL
    Obinna Okeke DE Houston, TX 6'2" 215 5.4 SIGNED
    Dedrick Latulas ATH New Iberia, LA 5'9" 170 5.4 VERBAL
    Jacob Fields DB Melissa, TX 5'11" 170 5.5 VERBAL
    Hayden Christman OL Pineville, LA 6'7" 305 5.4 SIGNED
    I’m not feeling particularly impressed considering that the majority of the competition for these recruits was from programs that Tech used to beat with one arm tied behind their back or smaller division schools. The QB listed wasn’t even recruited by anyone else. What does that say? Still, I know there are players who can become really good even great with the right coaching, so that’s what I’m hoping happens… that our coaching staff is a lot better than what they showed in 2022. Fingers Crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I’m not feeling particularly impressed considering that the majority of the competition for these recruits was from programs that Tech used to beat with one arm tied behind their back or smaller division schools. The QB listed wasn’t even recruited by anyone else. What does that say? Still, I know there are players who can become really good even great with the right coaching, so that’s what I’m hoping happens… that our coaching staff is a lot better than what they showed in 2022. Fingers Crossed.
    I think the story on the QB from Texas is that he was backup at one of those giant schools like Frisco or something until this year. Didn't start as a jr so he was a little under the radar, but if you were backing up a 5 star - you could still be pretty good in that situation (and he did take his team to a pretty good season). I could be wrong about that.

I thought I saw a few P5 or good G5 offers in the mix for some of these.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I think the story on the QB from Texas is that he was backup at one of those giant schools like Frisco or something until this year. Didn't start as a jr so he was a little under the radar, but if you were backing up a 5 star - you could still be pretty good in that situation (and he did take his team to a pretty good season). I could be wrong about that.

I thought I saw a few P5 or good G5 offers in the mix for some of these.
    I'd say going 13-1 (lost in state championship game) is pretty good.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    TxhsfbRecruits@TxhsRecruiting
    ·
    Dec 16 Anna’s backfield dominated through the air all year. A big part of that dominance is thanks to 3 star QB and @LATechFB commit @evanbullock8_ . Bullock was 5th in the state with 4179 passing yards, and as far as I can find he leads in passing TDs with 56. LA Tech got a steal here

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    TxhsfbRecruits@TxhsRecruiting
    ·
    Dec 16 Anna’s backfield dominated through the air all year. A big part of that dominance is thanks to 3 star QB and @LATechFB commit @evanbullock8_ . Bullock was 5th in the state with 4179 passing yards, and as far as I can find he leads in passing TDs with 56. LA Tech got a steal here
    And in the press conference it was said that his HS coach is our OC's brother.

That doesn't hurt.

And in the press conference it was said that his HS coach is our OC's brother.

That doesn't hurt.
    did’t realize that https://highschoolfootballamerica.co...h-of-the-week/

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

So, apparently, Cal had a recruiting class worse than anyone in FBS. You definitely should shutter your program if Tech has a better invoking class than you.

+ Reply to Thread