+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOP

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: The GOP

I don't think anyone is applauding the charade.

Problem is, this is what you can expect from the GOP. These are the folks that supposedly represent our interests, and this has been par for the course for some time now. It's why I won't make the effort to go to the polls and vote for them (even though the idiot in the WH convinced me to do so this year).

Much of this is McCarthy's own crap show. He was supposed to put in the effort to build these relationships for the last couple of months. He didn't, so now we aren't being represented AGAIN.

I think I am completely in the corner of the Libertarians now. I will vote for them and stay home if I just don't feel like standing in line. It's like I've always said, dims govern poorly and repubs don't govern at all.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    I think I am completely in the corner of the Libertarians now. I will vote for them and stay home if I just don't feel like standing in line. It's like I've always said, dims govern poorly and repubs don't govern at all.
    That defeatist attitude won't help get the USA out of its current predicament.

I don't like where the GOP is right now either. But voting for Libertarians hands the keys over to demwits.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

This is a process not a charade. The true conservatives are gaining back things McCarthy and the other swampers refused to even discuss a few months ago. Many of these things were stolen and given up by the RINOs and Pelosi. There are some true conservatives who are just cowardly and refuse to jump on board in fear of losing committee positions or already promised pork.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

It's my understanding that McCarthy has met with the "20" and others the past week and made concessions on policy, etc. The "20" simply do not like McCarthy, it's personal. If this is true, then the "20" are just being petty and their constituents need to slam them two years from now in their re-election bids.

Congressman-elect Bob Good delivered a great speech yesterday; he's one of the "20." I agree with everything he said. But, to get where he wants to get to starts with the GOP undoing as much of Biden's agenda as possible. The GOP does not have the Senate or the WH for the next two years, there is only so much they can actually accomplish. But dang! let's get started!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Boebert said on Michael Knowles show that she is a “No” on McCarthy no matter what. The GOP needs to meet until they come out of the room with 1 name to nominate by itself. I don’t like McCarthy. I think he is a snake in the grass. I’m pretty sure the only one in that chamber that isn’t a snake in the grass is Julia Letlow. However, if McCarthy can be forced to restore the operation of that chamber to how it should function, I’m good with him being a neutered speaker.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    I don't think anyone is applauding the charade.

Problem is, this is what you can expect from the GOP. These are the folks that supposedly represent our interests, and this has been par for the course for some time now. It's why I won't make the effort to go to the polls and vote for them (even though the idiot in the WH convinced me to do so this year).

Much of this is McCarthy's own crap show. He was supposed to put in the effort to build these relationships for the last couple of months. He didn't, so now we aren't being represented AGAIN.

I'm still ideologically a libertarian but over the last few years I've come to believe that the side that wants to win will always beat the side that wants to be left alone.

If you want glorious ancap paradise, which I do, you have to fight to get it and fight to keep it.

The federal fight is probably lost for good. The Swamp can organize faster than you can, and its got 150 years of experience protecting itself. We've got to focus on strengthening our State and every level below that. But as long as entitlement programs exist that is still a tough fight.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It's my understanding that McCarthy has met with the "20" and others the past week and made concessions on policy, etc. The "20" simply do not like McCarthy, it's personal. If this is true, then the "20" are just being petty and their constituents need to slam them two years from now in their re-election bids.

Congressman-elect Bob Good delivered a great speech yesterday; he's one of the "20." I agree with everything he said. But, to get where he wants to get to starts with the GOP undoing as much of Biden's agenda as possible. The GOP does not have the Senate or the WH for the next two years, there is only so much they can actually accomplish. But dang! let's get started!
    McCarthy has shown he can't be trusted and like his two swampy GOP predecessors, will give away much to get a little. Swampers have grown accustomed to that. True conservatives demand more.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    McCarthy has shown he can't be trusted and like his two swampy GOP predecessors, will give away much to get a little. Swampers have grown accustomed to that. True conservatives demand more.
    Yep. If anything, this "charade" will ensure that the republican party actually does what it said it would do and not pretty themselves up to make nice with the media that hates them.

Bravo to the 20!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

McCarthy has gained votes on the 12th ballot, but he will still fall short of the majority needed of the current 434 votes unless some demwits vote present instead of Jeffries to lower the threshold of votes needed to be a majority. Get ready for a 13th ballot.

And dittos on the 13th ballot. Now 432 members on the floor as two Republicans have had to leave Washington. Getting those two members back still wouldn't be enough without other movement.

Vote to adjourn until 10 PM ET tonight now being taken. The demwits again childishly yelled "no" for 15 seconds during the voice vote. Vote was 220-212 to adjourn with no Republicans voting with demwits to stay in session.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Gatez and a couple of others said they will resign from Congress if McCarthy or someone like him is elected Speaker. Well...bye. Take your ball and go home, little boys.

OR! stay and fight like men. The "20" are having an effect, but if they just up and quit everything they have accomplished will be swept away and forgotten. Win some concessions and hold McCarthy et al to them.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Gatez and a couple of others said they will resign from Congress if McCarthy or someone like him is elected Speaker. Well...bye. Take your ball and go home, little boys.

OR! stay and fight like men. The "20" are having an effect, but if they just up and quit everything they have accomplished will be swept away and forgotten. Win some concessions and hold McCarthy et al to them.
    Gaetz said he would resign if he worked for demwit votes to be elected Speaker. If McCarthy is elected tonight on the 14th ballot, it will probably be because the negotiations with demwits are for non-votes. Several dems may be leaving Washington while they are trying to get at least one of the Republicans back for tonight. So glad that proxy voting is dead and buried.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn’t help anyone for them to be whiny quitters

Boebert and Gaetz have voted present on the 14th ballot, but McCarthy is still one vote short at 216-212-4 with the 2 present. 216 is not a majority of 432 votes.

McCarthy now begging for a change in vote by Boebert and Gaetz from present to McCarthy right there on the floor. But no dice. And it got heated on the floor.

McCarthy looking like the idiot he is for proceeding without the votes counted ahead of time. He doesn't have the stones to be an effective Speaker.

15th ballot anyone?

Motion to adjourn until noon Monday. Which is exactly what should have happened this afternoon. Or maybe not. Motion to adjourn was passing unti Gaetz walked down to switch his vote to No on the motion. So everybody is changing their vote and we will have the 15th ballot tonight. And Gaetz looks like he will vote for McCarthy or there will be enough present votes so 216 is a majority to end this.

Most interesting vote to adjourn I have ever seen.

A few around McCarthy have the needed stones, but not the man himself.

Champ genpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your time genpop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by genpop View Post
    Perfect example of a demwit as if we needed a reminder.

+ Reply to Thread