+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOP

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: The GOP

McCarthy has been elected Speaker of the House. Gave a great acceptance speech pledging to serve the needs of Americans and being willing to work with anyone who shares that vision.

And then Hakeem Abdul Jefferies embarrassed himself and this country with a typical libtard ranting in an open attack on McCarthy, the GOP, and America. The Demwits never change. They are the rats scooting through the sewers, scurrying around stealing scraps...hmmm, no offense to rats, comparing them to the Demwits.

And congrats to Rep. Steve Scalise elected Majority Leader...Raider Pride!

Now...hammer the bastards!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Will we see follow through from all the detractors who threatened to resign if McCarthy was successful? Will they cave on their threat and prove they are exactly what they claim to oppose?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Will we see follow through from all the detractors who threatened to resign if McCarthy was successful? Will they cave on their threat and prove they are exactly what they claim to oppose?
    Who are you referring to?

IMO, McCarthy was not successful when he didn't go in vote #1.

He is certainly not considered successful after needing 15. He gave up all of what the 20 were asking for and more.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Dan Bishop and Matt Gaetz were 2 I saw and I think there were more.

Boebert said she was a “no” vote. Did she vote present or for? I didn’t see it. Either way, without a No from her, she is a liar.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Boebert said she was a “no” vote. Did she vote present or for? I didn’t see it. Either way, without a No from her, she is a liar.
    Various members of the 20 said lots of stuff in the beginning (McCarthy had been totally ignoring them for months). They also held their ground until they got what they wanted, knowing that McCarthy was the only candidate that the rest would support.

I get that, but empty threads like, “I’m moving to Canada if…..” or “I’m resigning if…..” only damages trust. Now, anything they claim will be questioned by me, no matter how serious or trivial.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I get that, but empty threads like, “I’m moving to Canada if…..” or “I’m resigning if…..” only damages trust. Now, anything they claim will be questioned by me, no matter how serious or trivial.
    To be fair, you should question anything any politician says. But yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    To be fair, you should question anything any politician says. But yes.
    Well sure.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Who are you referring to?

IMO, McCarthy was not successful when he didn't go in vote #1.

He is certainly not considered successful after needing 15. He gave up all of what they 20 were asking for and more.
    Isn't that what you wanted, McCarthy to give in to the "20's" demands?

There is no "NO" vote. You either vote FOR a named, nominated candidate for Speaker, or you vote PRESENT. Boebert, Gaetz, and four others all voted PRESENT in the final round. Final tally:

McCarthy 216 Jefferies 212 Present 6

Her words in interviews were that she was a ‘no’ on McCarthy. Voting present doesn’t mean no. Voting for another means no to the other option. I’m just asking how many made the threat to resign and how many will be honest and follow through. Voting present, IMO, is the most slime ball way out of accountability. If they got what they wanted from McCarthy, then why not vote for him? If I was McCarthy I wouldn’t give them anything they want since he didn’t get their vote.

Her words in interviews were that she was a ‘no’ on McCarthy. Voting present doesn’t mean no. Voting for another means no to the other option. I’m just asking how many made the threat to resign and how many will be honest and follow through. Voting present, IMO, is the most slime ball way out of accountability. If they got what they wanted from McCarthy, then why not vote for him? If I was McCarthy I wouldn’t give them anything they want since he didn’t get their vote.
    Boebert could have nominated someone else, she and all members, had that option. Failing that, the 15th round came down to one of three choices: McCarthy, Jefferies, or Present. She voted Present, which to most people meant a "no" for both McCarthy and Jefferies.

Yes, McCarthy can certainly keep them off of committees and such, if he wants retribution for the 6 detractors. Personally, I hope he rises above it and shows he has more integrity than all 6 of those bozos combined. Let's keep in mind who the real enemy is: Biden and the f--king evil commie Demwits.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Decent summary of this past week. Don't agree with all of it, especially McCarthy. At best he is neither a winner nor a loser since he got the job he wanted but had to give away everything in the store and the store building to get it.

Here Are the WINNERS and LOSERS in House Vote for Speaker (thegatewaypundit.com)

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Helps to have a basic understanding of what the actual threat was before posting.

The threats to resign were based on getting demwit support to push McCarthy over the line. That didn't happen, so the threat conditions weren't met. No one will be resigning over the Speaker vote.

Example from HuffPost:
    "Rep. Matt Gaetz threatened to quit Congress Thursday if House Republicans make a deal with Democrats to elect a GOP speaker ― and his critics were hilariously eager for him to make good on that pledge."

Matt Gaetz Threatens To Quit Congress On Fox News And Twitter Has Thoughts | HuffPost Latest News

I forget where I saw/heard the sound bites, but that detail was conveniently absent.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Absolutely. He needs to punish members of his own party and then wonder why their support isn't there the next time he needs them.

I hope he is smarter than you would be!

This type of thinking is likely EXACTLY why he didn't get their support this go around. I think I read that in quotes from Bobert.

+ Reply to Thread