+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOP

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The GOP

What you hope is that he doesn’t promise a bunch of crap to democrats on committees in order to swing their votes.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

If this is about the direction of the house and the agenda to follow for the next two years, I am all in favor of this continuing for however long it takes. McCarthy is a swamp back stabber that WOULD seek to make deals in direct opposition of his stated values.

If this is about these 20 or so guys getting premium committee assignments and stuff, I will treat them the same way I treat Cruz, who I would NEVER take the time to go to the polls to cast a vote in his favor.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The point is the enemy is Biden and the demwits, not other Republicans.
    I 100% disagree with this statement. Marble Mouth is worse than any single demwit because he will work with demwits to complete their agenda without a second thought. There are a bunch of RINOs still left over in the House too despite a whole crew of them not being around for the new Congress.

And Ronna Romney needs to be kicked to the curb from the RNC chair. You can't fail like she has over the last four years and be rewarded with another 2-year term.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

When Dan Crenshaw calls the 21 GOPers who vote against McCarthy “terrorists” and “the enemy”. Should tell you something. He doesn’t have the nickname of eyepatch McCain for nothing. Also when Maxine Watters is out supporting McCarthy that should tell you all you need to know.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I say again, aren’t we worse off if McCarthy makes promises across the aisle to get the votes rather than the 20 just caving? I’m not saying they are wrong in wanting new leadership, but I also don’t put it past McCarthy to screw his own party to get power.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I also don’t put it past McCarthy to screw his own party to get power.
    Sounds like a McCain republican, just what we need.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Trump supports McCarthy for Speaker, yet some of our Trumpsters here oppose McCarthy. Hmmm...

I have no particular "like" for McCarthy as Speaker/leader, but I am not so oppose to him that I support this embarrassing distraction. The enemy is Biden et al. McCarthy will be a better leader in the House than McConnell is in the Senate (not saying much, I know). Maybe we need another McXXXX...McDonald! That's the ticket, flip some burgers. Okay, fine, win some concessions from McCarthy to steer the House toward being even more conservative than McCarthy might have been otherwise. Great! Do it behind closed doors. Let's get this done and start addressing the mess Biden et al has created.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Trump supports McCarthy for Speaker, yet some of our Trumpsters here oppose McCarthy. Hmmm...

I have no particular "like" for McCarthy as Speaker/leader, but I am not so oppose to him that I support this embarrassing distraction. The enemy is Biden et al. McCarthy will be a better leader in the House than McConnell is in the Senate (not saying much, I know). Maybe we need another McXXXX...McDonald! That's the ticket, flip some burgers. Okay, fine, win some concessions from McCarthy to steer the House toward being even more conservative than McCarthy might have been otherwise. Great! Do it behind closed doors. Let's get this done and start addressing the mess Biden et al has created.
    This is what I hope is happening. I would rather he win solely on Republican support. That way, he has no excuse to show favor to any Dems. Dems lobby for pet projects all the time. Those on the right should do the same.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that virtually nothing we are hearing about the whole process represents what is actually happening. The lies and spin on this are out of control.

I am pleased the party isn't goose stepping like the dim nazis do. Maybe there is hope for the repubs after all.

Just wanted to add this. If he cannot garner the votes needed to be speaker, and if he couldn't convince repubs in the senate to NOT vote for that pork filled package they just passed recently, perhaps he is ineffective and shouldn't be speaker anyway. And if it's personal animosity toward him because of his arrogance and poor skills in dealing with people that disagree with him (I hear he loves to just snap and go off on folks in meetings), then he will not be able to build consensus among repubs as the speaker is required to do.

Heck, if you wanted stuff to be done quickly, you must love that thousand page spending package full of swamp pork that came out after midnight that nobody read and voted on that same day.

Kevin lost another vote in round 8. Nominated for round 9. I wonder if any of the 20 against him have talked about peeling off and voting for Jeffries for each round that McCarthy remains in the running? In 6 rounds, McCarthy will have lost the speakership for his party. Did I hear right that a representative from North Caroline threatened to resign if McCarthy is voted in?

Another observation about the good ol' GOP.

To prove they would not be a party that waits till the last hour to submit bills full of pork that have to be voted on within hours, they spend two months doing nothing and waiting till the last minute to start negotiating who will represent them.

Well except Kevin himself. After losing 30 votes to Andy Biggs in the house leadership vote in November (a sure sign he had some work to do), he got busy moving his stuff into the Speaker's office.

This should have been hashed out over the last two months behind closed doors. Typical republicans. Their rhetoric was good, however.

December 1 all this should have been settled. You are right. Classic hurry up and wait attitude

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Swampers are the problem.

I remember the same swampers casting stones at the tea party movement.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well, clearly, the "20" are not going to vote for McCarthy, so he needs to withdraw and allow one of them, or ALL of them, to run for the office. Then I wouldn't be surprised if at least 6 of the RINO Swampers vote for the Dem dude, Hakeem Osama, whatever his name is, and deliver the Speakership to the Dems. Then, what will those 20 do? Except for the damage that will do to this country, I could almost hope it would happen and watch those 20 get no committee appointments and fade away into oblivion.

For those of you who are applauding this charade, a serious question. Why when every vote taken, all 11 thus far, are always those 20 on an island? Why haven't their numbers grown? No, seriously. One would think if their position is so righteous (and in theory...kind of yep!) they would have gathered more to their camp. Perhaps having grown to 50+ by now. But, just like McCarthy is stuck on 200, so too are they stuck on 20.

If our current government, including all the EO's, was that of Trump, what Biden et al inherited and have totally wrecked, then having the House rendered impotent for the next two years, would be a good thing. But, folks, take a look at what is going on. The Dems/libtards are perfectly content to have the House never convene and leave all of Biden's policies and spending in place. The Dems aren't losing...McCarthy isn't losing, not really, he can sit back and laugh at the clown show the 20 are providing...America and good Americans are losing.

Good job, "20."

And Hunter Biden is giddy with excitement!

To me, it’s sad that only those 20 aline even reasonably close to my beliefs. I think that’s why they haven’t grown. America is tired of McCarthy, but those who claim to represent us really don’t.

+ Reply to Thread