+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Preview: LA Tech at North Texas

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Preview: LA Tech at North Texas

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

The Louisiana Tech men's basketball team returns to the Lone Star State to face North Texas on Wednesday.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: Preview: LA Tech at North Texas

The Miami Heat beat the Thunder tonight 112-111. I post this for the guys who look at the box score after a Tech loss to see how bad we were at shooting free throws. This is for you. Look at Miami’s night at the charity stripe.

https://www.espn.com/nba/matchup/_/gameId/401468766

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    The Miami Heat beat the Thunder tonight 112-111. I post this for the guys who look at the box score after a Tech loss to see how bad we were at shooting free throws. This is for you. Look at Miami’s night at the charity stripe.

https://www.espn.com/nba/matchup/_/gameId/401468766
    So, big deal! They are pros, they should shoot 40 for 40... Actually, that is pretty dern good! And they needed every dern one of those 40 too!

I have posted before about the best bastketball played in the TAC, ever! It was back to back games in 1985 vs. USL and Lamar, when Malone and the Dunkin' Dawgs prevailed in two great games. Lamar shot 30 for 30 from the FT line. Even the Dawgs shot well from the line, which admittedly was not a strength of that team. USL bombed long-range shots, which would be 3s today but weren't back then (thankfully). All three teams brought their A++ games and could have beaten anyone on those nights. Including Patrick Ewing's #1 ranked Georgetown.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I have posted before about the best bastketball played in the TAC, ever! It was back to back games in 1985 vs. USL and Lamar, when Malone and the Dunkin' Dawgs prevailed in two great games. Lamar shot 30 for 30 from the FT line. Even the Dawgs shot well from the line, which admittedly was not a strength of that team. USL bombed long-range shots, which would be 3s today but weren't back then (thankfully). All three teams brought their A++ games and could have beaten anyone on those nights. Including Patrick Ewing's #1 ranked Georgetown.
    Most nearly all of fans today have NO IDEA how good the SLC was back then - us, Lamar, McNeese, A-State - really really good

Throw in UNO and Centenary and LSU and basketball in La rivaled anywhere in the country - even tobacco road
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Ugly last 10 minutes of the first half with a 22-4 North Texas run. Lots of frustration that resulted in no hustle for Tech. Better chance of Tech losing this one by 30 than cutting it to less than 10 by the end if they play this way.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody contribute so the MBB budget doesn't get charged to repaint the UNT visitor's locker room after the halftime talk. Different team came out for the second half.

Got it tied, but couldn't pull it out at the end. 67-65 North Texas. What a difference it could have been if that 18-point halftime deficit had only been 13 or 14. This game was lost in the last 10 minutes of the first half.

Close night everywhere in C-USA as even UTEP had to pull away late over UTSA.

Middle Tennessee 71 at Rice 68 final
    FAU 77 at FIU 73 final/OT
    WKU 80 at UAB 78 final
    UTEP 69 UTSA 57 final

FAU 5-0
    NT 5-1
    Tech 3-3
    UAB 3-3
    MT 3-3
    FIU 2-3
    Charlotte 2-3
    Rice 2-3
    WKU 2-3
    UTEP 2-3
    UTSA 1-5

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I came away more impressed with this loss than the home win over UTEP

Hopefully they are beginning to find their identity under Hester

Hunter played well but had two HORRIBLE fouls late that killed the Tech run and allowed NT to stretch a 2pt lead back to 8 will a 6pt run on four made FTs and an AND1
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

I went to the game last night and was actually impressed by the turnout of Tech supporters. I would say we had at least the equivalent of 1 section pretty full (spread out between 2 sections) of Tech supporters. Had a North Texas fan behind me talk of how they will miss La Tech in their "new" conference and that many of his group were wishing Tech had been invited as well - due to the rivalry and closeness of games that usually occur between the 2 schools.

The team that came out in the 2nd half looked nothing like the 1st half team. Down by 18 or so in the first half, Tech actually came back and only lost on a last second shot by UNT. I actually was surprised at how much I enjoyed going. Had not been able to see a Tech game for a while, so very glad I took the time to drive to Denton to go. I will say that I was surprised by the $25 ticket price, as I bought at the window (vs. what I expected - $15 online). But still had a good time watching Tech come back in the 2nd half.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I came away more impressed with this loss than the home win over UTEP

Hopefully they are beginning to find their identity under Hester

Hunter played well but had two HORRIBLE fouls late that killed the Tech run and allowed NT to stretch a 2pt lead back to 8 will a 6pt run on four made FTs and an AND1
    Yeah, if you're going to foul them, FOUL them. I can't stand a slap foul AND 1. I think TWill might have had a dumb one as well.

Isaiah was the mismatch and they couldn't stop him (once he figured them out). I like the idea of running things through him--maybe not every game but definitely against North Texas.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

+ Reply to Thread