+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preview: C-USA Tournament First Round

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Preview: C-USA Tournament First Round

What bothers me MOST with this staff is that this team is still making the same mistakes over and over again - since game ONE they have made the same STUPID mistakes

Cobe or no Cobe - regardless of who is in the line-up

That's coaching, not personnel
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

What concerns me is the apparent number of posters on this board that appear to be disappointed that the Dawgs won the game. How do you blow a 20 point lead. Fatigue can be an important factor. Easton played every minute and I. Crawford may have also. I will agree that it would appear that the coaching staff has had the whole season to develop a plan to break the full court press and obtain some easy transition baskets. This hasn't happened. The Dawgs won without their leading scorer and best defensive player who happened to be one and the same. Since Cobe left the team has appeared to me to be playing better as a team.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    What concerns me is the apparent number of posters on this board that appear to be disappointed that the Dawgs won the game. How do you blow a 20 point lead. Fatigue can be an important factor. Easton played every minute and I. Crawford may have also. I will agree that it would appear that the coaching staff has had the whole season to develop a plan to break the full court press and obtain some easy transition baskets. This hasn't happened. The Dawgs won without their leading scorer and best defensive player who happened to be one and the same. Since Cobe left the team has appeared to me to be playing better as a team.
    I do agree that the other players have stepped up without Come and fatigue is DEFINITELY a factor with only 9 players dressed out (with one that probably won't see any play time). At this point, I am happy with any win. Tonight would be amazing if we were to pull it off.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

At this point I'll be real surprised if we break 20 in the first half

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    At this point I'll be real surprised if we break 20 in the first half
    19-35 H
    Sometimes my genius...it's almost frightening

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Won’t break 40 for the game. UNT will score close to 80. Embarrassing

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    What concerns me is the apparent number of posters on this board that appear to be disappointed that the Dawgs won the game.
    Blowing the 20-point lead last night and eventually losing would have saved Tech the embarrassment of being down 26 with 10 minutes left tonight.

If Tech had any chance of beating North Texas, I would feel differently.

With everyone eligible to come back, you would think an additional game of conference tournament experience couldn't hurt. But I'm not sure how this drubbing helps.

The $64 question is how many of this bunch will be back.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Watching us play, you would think you are watching a high school girls team in game 2 of the season

Pure street ball, and not a good version of it.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

It was a terrible hire.

Nothing I’ve seen will convince me otherwise.

I expect next year to be worse.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    It was a terrible hire.

Nothing I’ve seen will convince me otherwise.

I expect next year to be worse.
    Totally agree. This was horrible tonight. Not even close to North Texas. They are light years ahead of us in every aspect of the game.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Program is a steaming hot mess of crap right now...

But some will say - oh we are better off without Cobe and Pop - they were disruptive in the locker room and not good teammates

Outside of the hire date interview, Hester hasn't won anything of record since he stepped on campus

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

For those who may claim how Tech's season collapsed after Cobe was dismissed, they will point to Tech being 6-8 in conference before and 2-6 after (including tournament).

Those records are more related to who Tech was playing than anything else. By tournament seeds, here are Tech's records:
    1-5 seeds--0-11 overall, 0-6 before, 0-5 after
    6-9, 11 seeds--8-3 overall, 6-2 before, 2-1 after

I get that Hester needed to and had every right to establish the culture of his program. Since culture is long-term, I am looking more to see who stays going into next year as an indicator of culture success.

I am very disappointed in the lack of progress I saw during the season with this team. And that to me is about 20% on players and 80% on coaching. Another year with the same lack of in-season progress is totally unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    For those who may claim how Tech's season collapsed after Cobe was dismissed, they will point to Tech being 6-8 in conference before and 2-6 after (including tournament).

Those records are more related to who Tech was playing than anything else. By tournament seeds, here are Tech's records:
    1-5 seeds--0-11 overall, 0-6 before, 0-5 after
    6-9, 11 seeds--8-3 overall, 6-2 before, 2-1 after

I get that Hester needed to and had every right to establish the culture of his program. Since culture is long-term, I am looking more to see who stays going into next year as an indicator of culture success.

I am very disappointed in the lack of progress I saw during the season with this team. And that to me is about 20% on players and 80% on coaching. Another year with the same lack of in-season progress is totally unacceptable.
    Don't disagree at all

I'll take it one step further -

I think this whole season swung on the USL game where they cratered the last six minutes after holding an 11 point lead on the road

The staff and players really never recovered their confidence after that game to any extent -

No growth during the year, no development of talent - J Crawford might of regressed in decision making

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Don't disagree at all

I'll take it one step further -

I think this whole season swung on the USL game where they cratered the last six minutes after holding an 11 point lead on the road

The staff and players really never recovered their confidence after that game to any extent -

No growth during the year, no development of talent - J Crawford might of regressed in decision making
    USL is getting so far ahead of Tech in everything, pretty soon they won't even remember our name.

+ Reply to Thread