+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preview: C-USA Tournament Quarterfinals

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Preview: C-USA Tournament Quarterfinals

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Those looking for an excuse will point to Roberson missing 9 games. Similar to the men's team, the record without Roberson was more impacted by who Tech played.

Conference record including tournament--12-9, 7-5 with Roberson, 5-4 without
    vs 1-4 seeds--2-7, 1-5 with Roberson, 1-2 without
    vs 6-11 seeds--10-2, 6-0 with Roberson, 4-2 without

You can make a case that Roberson's absence might have cost Tech two wins against the lower six teams, but that's about it.

I agree with DFM that I want a program that keeps its nose clean and graduates players, but I also want one that more seriously competes for conference championships and gets at least one NCAA bid every 3-4 years. This year's team was not a serious conference championship contender, with or without Roberson. And it continues the plateau that Stoehr's program is stuck in. Tantalizingly close, but just not there.
    I can live without being great because that ship has sailed forever and we have to be realistic.

I'll settle for basketball that's fun to watch and free of middle school mistakes. We're not running a jobs program (well, we are, but its nice to get something out of it regardless).

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Those looking for an excuse will point to Roberson missing 9 games. Similar to the men's team, the record without Roberson was more impacted by who Tech played.

Conference record including tournament--12-9, 7-5 with Roberson, 5-4 without
    vs 1-4 seeds--2-7, 1-5 with Roberson, 1-2 without
    vs 6-11 seeds--10-2, 6-0 with Roberson, 4-2 without

You can make a case that Roberson's absence might have cost Tech two wins against the lower six teams, but that's about it.

I agree with DFM that I want a program that keeps its nose clean and graduates players, but I also want one that more seriously competes for conference championships and gets at least one NCAA bid every 3-4 years. This year's team was not a serious conference championship contender, with or without Roberson. And it continues the plateau that Stoehr's program is stuck in. Tantalizingly close, but just not there.
    didn’t she just have one of the top ten scorers in Techster history? How much more quality can she coach?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    didn’t she just have one of the top ten scorers in Techster history? How much more quality can she coach?
    Walker will be truly missed. She was definitely a star. I don't put much to the fact of top 10 scorers in Tech history, though. We used to routinely have 10 players that were capable of starting and beating any top 10 team. The scoring was spread out much more than now, so there were many extremely talented players that did not score 20 ppg due to not getting the play time or just not having to take over a game. The scoring was just distributed. That has been a long time now, though. Even though Walker didn't have her best game in the tournament this year, she is still an unbelievably great player. We need 3 guards like her, one forward like Roberson, and one big bruiser that can play post (that post player needs to be able to move down the court, though). That one from UTEP was really good in the post and a bad match up for Robertson.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It's wbb - top 4 or 5 in conference, keep your nose clean and players graduating and active in the community and I'm fine - especially after the regimes of Spoon and Summitt
    This.

Stoehr is never going to win the C-USA tournament much less get to the NCAA tournament. She's too tied to an assistant coach that is not great.

That era is over for the Lady Techsters.

Pay a minimum salary for her and her "coach" husband, let them run a clean program with players graduating and active in the community and move on.

Attendance will never be great, but again that era is over.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like we're in WNIT again according to Twitter.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Looks like we're in WNIT again according to Twitter.
    Unfortunately.

List of teams in the linked story. Western Kentucky, Rice, UTEP, and Tech all in from C-USA. This is the only minimal justification for why Tech should be in.

Matchups to come out tomorrow. First round starts Wednesday.

Women's NIT bracket 2023: Basketball tournament schedule, scores (tennessean.com)

Postseason WNIT announces 64-team field for 2023 event - WNIT Pre and Post Tournament (womensnit.com)

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I will continue to cheer them on in the WNIT... Actually, I am surprised they made it in, but they had a great run at the end of the regular season. It is what it is and I am happy to keep watching them play no matter what!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I will continue to cheer them on in the WNIT... Actually, I am surprised they made it in, but they had a great run at the end of the regular season. It is what it is and I am happy to keep watching them play no matter what!
    Definitely!! I am so hoping for a home game to see our team one more time. Very energizing to see play post season. I'd be pumped. I was afraid we were on the bubble this year, very pleased our ladies earned this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Definitely!! I am so hoping for a home game to see our team one more time. Very energizing to see play post season. I'd be pumped. I was afraid we were on the bubble this year, very pleased our ladies earned this!!!
    I would love to get a home game - doubtful it will happen with us being an at large that was pretty much bubble, but I have seen it happen because another university had their facilities booked. Hopefully, we can get to that 20 win season and further. This team deserves it and Walker DEFINITELY deserves it.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Bang up job on the Tech website regarding the WNIT bid. Still no news story over 15 hours after the team list was made public.

A quick two sentence story announcing the bid and that more details would be released later today was a must. But I guess not at LA Tech.

Bracket posted. Tech at Arkansas Thursday night at 7:00. Winner plays the Texas State at SFA winner.

2023 Postseason WNIT (womensnit.com)

Media blackout continues on the Tech website.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Bracket posted. Tech at Arkansas Thursday night at 7:00. Winner plays the Texas State at SFA winner.

2023 Postseason WNIT (womensnit.com)
    SEC Network+

+ Reply to Thread