+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Preview: LA Tech vs. Air Force Series

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Air Force Series

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    That is strange. Could be that what I heard was wrong.
    According to what LB said in the post game it was not accurate

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Paging anyone who has ever pitched and has some eligibility left

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Putting the bat on the ball but can’t hit it where they ain’t. Making Air Force look like a regional team.

Just a little live BP for the Falcons today

This is abysmal. Should have left the starter in and just let him roll through all 9 innings. No one behind him has been worth a crap.

Ince doesn’t need to be at 2nd

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I guess you could say our coaches deserve about half their pay since we’re mostly a lousy .500 team. That projection of Tech not making the conference tournament is looming very much real right now. I don’t get our team’s lackadaisicalness. They seem to play with no comprehension of important performances.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It’s all about pitching. We had it last night, but didn’t today. Amazing!

Did all these guys suddenly lose their ability to throw strikes? Was it coached out of them?

Too many strikes was the problem today except for a couple of pitchers.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Did all these guys suddenly lose their ability to throw strikes? Was it coached out of them?
    I’ve been wondering that very thing. I’m not a big proponent of giving up the strike zone by getting pitchers to try to hit too fine an edge of the black. By doing so I think all you’re accomplishing is the muscle memory of pitchers missing more and more. I think this is especially evident of Tech’s younger/lesser pitchers. It makes them a lot less competitive. I see this a lot in Tech when our pitchers get ahead and stop targeting the strike zone. All they’re doing is letting the batters back into the count. Just think how many times with a 0-2 or 1-2 count is the next pitch off the plate? The answer is way too often and most batters are expecting that very thing. There are only a small few of our pitchers who aren’t pitching defensively.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I don't see 21 more wins out of this team on the schedule to get to the 30 win level

I don't see the talent on the mound to handle conference weekends - sans Ole Miss and Ark we haven't played a daunting OOC schedule

There definitely isn't the talent at the plate right now sans - Evans, Bates, Davis and AD - Drost & Matualia are rally killers extraordinaire right now - everyone else is hitting below the Mendoza line

I think we have had a large enough sample to see that we just aren't very good when they step across that line - all the talent is on paper, but paper doesn't win ballgames
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Drost & Matualia are rally killers extraordinaire right now
    My son’s term for this type of player is an “inning-ender.” And unfortunately to a big degree Matulia is exactly that. It seems like whatever would be the absolute worst outcome at bat in a particular situation is exactly what he delivers. It’s outright sad. Going back to his last hit he’s currently 0-16 with 0 rbi & 6 SO. The only reason I can think that he’s still playing is Burroughs’ belief that he’ll hit a home run at some point.
    With all of Burroughs’ optimistic talk regarding this team I wonder if he’s truly coming up with a serious plan about how to use only his best players and actually make a winning team out of this bunch. He’s a month into the season and his lineup is still all over the place with players out of position and players playing who shouldn’t be. Some guys being sick or not doesn’t change this. Some of the sick ones haven’t been productive while they’ve been well.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I will say LB's comment was about as honest as you will get from a HC in the college level. If you can't throw strikes, then you probably shouldn't be on the pitcher's mound. Hitting is always streaky, but your pitching needs to be consistent. Ours is nowhere near consistent. One average pitcher will not do it.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    I will say LB's comment was about as honest as you will get from a HC in the college level. If you can't throw strikes, then you probably shouldn't be on the pitcher's mound. Hitting is always streaky, but your pitching needs to be consistent. Ours is nowhere near consistent. One average pitcher will not do it.
    As Pawdawg says - it all starts on the mound - and I don't see the arm talent at all right now from anyone sans maybe Tompkins & Harland

Especially with this team - because they are NOT going to score 5-7 runs every ballgame

We need to find a solid a 1st a & 2nd baseman and leave it alone - Davis really needs to be at 1st I guess with his bat (or is it Evans?)

McLoed seems to have settled in at SS and is more productive at the plate and Bates seems to have 3rd locked down and is one of our better hitters

AD is serviceable in left and is one of our consistent hitters

Drost has all the talent on paper but has to do more than walk his first at bat - that 2nd and 3rd time through the line-up he has to produce with RISP

Right field is the dilemma to me - Burchfield while probably our best hitter is a defensive liability, Matulia can't hit right now and until he compacts his swing back to where it was at the start of the season, he won't - can Evans play right field?

Catcher is Corona and Evans

DH - Burchfield, Evans & Davis

2nd - Ince or Swafford? (quit experimenting with Hegwood and Davis) who plays the best most consistent defense, we are NOT getting the defensive play at 2nd that we are accustomed to - and you have to have it on the quick carpet
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread