+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March Madness

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: March Madness

Maybe we can make the NIT again before I die.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    So CUSA has a final four team. Didn’t see this coming
    .....and they said it couldn't be done.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    FAU to final 4. How does it feel ti exceed expectations?
    I don't know, but FAU has won more championships in Football and Men's Basketball in the last 6 or 7 years. than Louisiana Tech has won in the last 2 or 3 decades. WTF?

FAU AD Brian White (a former LA Tech asst AD) is going to be a much sought after AD.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Any bets against Dusty May being anywhere but FAU next season?
    He'll certainly have options - I wouldn't bet he will stay at FAU - even with them going to a different conference. The announcers keep talking about his time as an assistant at Florida, but unless I have missed it, nary a peep about his time at Louisiana Tech. Kind of irritates me just a tad.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

And had FAU not won the autobid, they would have ended up in the NIT. Just like Loyola-Chicago the committee said FAU is not worthy of the Dance and thus no at-large bid for them. Instead, their slot would have gone to some 19-14 big conference team.

Final Four is in Houston. Back in 2011 I attended the FF games there and watched Va. Commonwealth vs. Butler in one semi-final. History is repeating itself. UCONN beat Butler for the title. Hello!

Charlotte has won the CBI.
    UNT and UAB are in the NIT FF.
    FAU is in the NCAA FF.

Can you say clean sweep for CUSA, winning all three national tournaments!? ***

***FAU will have to really earn it by beating UCONN in the final. Er, probably. I can't see UCONN not reaching the final game.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    He'll certainly have options - I wouldn't bet he will stay at FAU - even with them going to a different conference. The announcers keep talking about his time as an assistant at Florida, but unless I have missed it, nary a peep about his time at Louisiana Tech. Kind of irritates me just a tad.
    I believe there was a third White brother that BVDV had a crush on and hired at Tech wasn't there?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It has been absolutely awesome watching FAU pull this off! GO OWLS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I believe there was a third White brother that BVDV had a crush on and hired at Tech wasn't there?
    There is a "3rd brother". It's Danny White, currently the AD at Tennessee, formerly the AD at 2017 "National Football Champion" UCF. But Danny never spent any time at LA Tech to my knowledge.

Quick question for some of you basketball wonks: Has the definition of "charging" changed? I'm serious. I've seen two charging calls go against Creighton when the San Diego St defender was bumping into and moving right along with the Creighton player on a drive to the basket. And it wasn't close. The defender was bumping into and moving and whacking the ball handler all the way to the basket. But the call was ruled "charging" in both instances.

Isn't it a foul on the defender when the defender collides with the ball handler in the lane when both are in fast motion (both are moving their feet at a fast pace from the top of the key to deep into the lane) towards the basket?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Quick question for some of you basketball wonks: Has the definition of "charging" changed? I'm serious. I've seen two charging calls go against Creighton when the San Diego St defender was bumping into and moving right along with the Creighton player on a drive to the basket. And it wasn't close. The defender was bumping into and moving and whacking the ball handler all the way to the basket. But the call was ruled "charging" in both instances.

Isn't it a foul on the defender when the defender collides with the ball handler in the lane when both are in fast motion (both are moving their feet at a fast pace from the top of the key to deep into the lane) towards the basket?
    I’ve seen about 10 fouls on San Diego St that haven’t been called. They play with the same philosophy as Arkansas on defense, foul like hell and make the ref call it.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Crieghton gave up too many offensive rebounds in 2nd half and settled for too many 3’s.

Refs hand the win to San Diego St.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have the women’s side. Or as I like to call it, March Sadness. A real barn burner going right now between lsu and Miami. 45-35 with 2 minutes to go in the game. It’s like watching Oprah. “You get to miss a shot, and you get to miss a shot…….”

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any years other than this one (FAU) when we've had a team play in Ruston and subsequently that same season made the Final Four that year?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Are there any years other than this one (FAU) when we've had a team play in Ruston and subsequently that same season made the Final Four that year?
    Great trivia question. I don't know, but I am guessing FAU is the first and only.

+ Reply to Thread