+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LA Tech Football Announces Coaching Staff Changes - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

LA Tech Football Announces Coaching Staff Changes - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

RUSTON, La. – Louisiana Tech head coach*Sonny Cumbie*announced coaching staff changes with the additions of linebackers coach Cortez Carter, defensive line coach Jacori Greer, and safeties coach Nate Johnson while promoting analysts Myles Carelock to cornerbacks coach and Teddy Veal to running backs coach.

More...

Discuss it here.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Football Announces Coaching Staff Changes - latechsports.com

Somebody needs to talk to Sonny Cumbie about his hiring practices. I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade, but none of these resumes are very impressive. Hiring a bunch of young assistant coaches from Texas St, Stephen F Austin, Abilene Christian, etc.... does not sound like a recipe for success. Sure, sprinkle a few of these hires among some better quality hires, but......where are the better quality hires? Most of these guys are from really small time football programs (e.g., St Could State, Southern Utah, Central Washington, etc....).

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Somebody needs to talk to Sonny Cumbie about his hiring practices. I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade, but none of these resumes are very impressive. Hiring a bunch of young assistant coaches from Texas St, Stephen F Austin, Abilene Christian, etc.... does not sound like a recipe for success. Sure, sprinkle a few of these hires among some better quality hires, but......where are the better quality hires? Most of these guys are from really small time football programs (e.g., St Could State, Southern Utah, Central Washington, etc....).
    You’re digging here. Those are the first places these guys coached. They’ve all had multiple stops after that.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    You’re digging here. Those are the first places these guys coached. They’ve all had multiple stops after that.
    None of them are impressive, though. And I don't have to dig very deep to see that.

*Note: Teddy Veal is the lone exception here. Teddy's one of our own, and I always like to see us hire former Tech players.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

HD, you realize we are at the bottom rung of the assistant coach pay scale right?

The options are young guys (hopefully up and coming) or retreads who are just looking to draw a paycheck like Holtz hire for so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    HD, you realize we are at the bottom rung of the assistant coach pay scale right?

The options are young guys (hopefully up and coming) or retreads who are just looking to draw a paycheck like Holtz hire for so many years.

Really? You mean, Louisiana Tech doesn't have any money? Thanks for telling me that. I had no clue.

Yes, I realize where LA Tech is on the "pay scale". All I know is, Skip Holtz hired some Assistant coaches with impressive resumes over the years. Then again, "lack of money" is every Tech fan's excuse for every failure.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

All I know is, Skip Holtz hired some Assistant coaches with impressive resumes over the years.
    I'll see that call and raise you a who and what did they do for Tech?

Don't mention Rattay, because Tim got a gut full of Holtz and his Rock Star QB and found another job.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

None of them are impressive, though. And I don't have to dig very deep to see that.

*Note: Teddy Veal is the lone exception here. Teddy's one of our own, and I always like to see us hire former Tech players.
    Although I was a little surprised we hired a former WR to coach RBs. Am I missing something? Of course RBs need to be able to catch passes...

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Really? You mean, Louisiana Tech doesn't have any money? Thanks for telling me that. I had no clue.

Yes, I realize where LA Tech is on the "pay scale". All I know is, Skip Holtz hired some Assistant coaches with impressive resumes over the years. Then again, "lack of money" is every Tech fan's excuse for every failure.
    They had impressive resumes, and then the board was full of "Where the hell did we get this guy from?! I thought he coached in the NFL!" for 8 years.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Did any of the Holtz hires from his good ole boy network make us better? I can’t think of one. But some had a resume.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Did any of the Holtz hires from his good ole boy network make us better? I can’t think of one. But some had a resume.
    I can think of one good hire - Manny Diaz. He was around for a year.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I don't mind 1 year good hires as long as we get them every year

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I'll see that call and raise you a who and what did they do for Tech?

Don't mention Rattay, because Tim got a gut full of Holtz and his Rock Star QB and found another job.
    I hope someone has been repairing the bridge that took severe damage from Holtz and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Exactly. Some of these old geezers like PawDawg can't remember what they had for breakfast.

+ Reply to Thread