+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mulkey Wins Again!

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Mulkey Wins Again!

Congratulations Coach Kim and thanks again for reminding us how really bad the buffoons are who have led and are leading Tech athletics. It really is amazing the longevity of stupid decision making. Reneau should have a plaque somewhere on campus as the idiot who singlehanded destroyed the once great Lady Techsters. Since those shameful days Guice has started working on his leader of losers resume.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Mulkey Wins Again!

It pains me to know we have such stupid people associated with Tech...

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

And yet, we STILL have Stoehr and hubby leading the spiral down the drain! She has yet to take the girls to a NCAA tournament! Oh wait, she runs a decent program and was once a Lady Techster herself! So we should continue to just look the other way and give her another chance (next year is the year)! Geez, should have kicked that family to the curb long ago. But no one truly cares anymore.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Mulkey was never going to take the Tech job.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I know that and have been saying that for years. When I referenced "such stupid people" I was not referring to any past, or even current, Tech administration.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I know that and have been saying that for years. When I referenced "such stupid people" I was not referring to any past, or even current, Tech administration.
    LOL. I certainly wouldn’t be offended. I think I’ve made my feelings about Tech leadership for the past 35 years pretty clear. It has sucked.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I’m hoping you mean as a return engagement after she already had it and was essentially forced to leave and find a better career path after Reneau stupidly wouldn’t extend her contract. The Lady Techsters are so far lost now that they’ll be back to who they once were. Reneau decapitated the program.

Wash, spin, repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I’m hoping you mean as a return engagement after she already had it and was essentially forced to leave and find a better career path after Reneau stupidly wouldn’t extend her contract. The Lady Techsters are so far lost now that they’ll be back to who they once were. Reneau decapitated the program.
    I didn’t realize Mulkey ever accepted the HC job.

She was an assistant at Tech for a 11 years and the associate head coach with Barmore for 4 years who through all those years was clearly grooming her for job. I guess Reneau didn’t want a woman to tower over him.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

There are three ways to look at it. It's Dan's fault, its Kim's fault or like the truth which always lies in the middle......

Mulkey and Reneau both had their parts to play in that situation.

You are right they will never be back to what they were, and another poster is right, 99% of the people don't care anymore.

In the current landscape of college athletics for a school like us, throwing money at a program to get beat in the second round of NCAA as opposed to the 1st round of the WNIT is a wash at best be really a waste. Do what needs to be done to stay compliant and put the money into things were there is a possible ROI every year to every other year, or if that isn't and option shut it all down and to hell with it at this point.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    There are three ways to look at it. It's Dan's fault, its Kim's fault or like the truth which always lies in the middle......

Mulkey and Reneau both had their parts to play in that situation.

You are right they will never be back to what they were, and another poster is right, 99% of the people don't care anymore.

In the current landscape of college athletics for a school like us, throwing money at a program to get beat in the second round of NCAA as opposed to the 1st round of the WNIT is a wash at best be really a waste. Do what needs to be done to stay compliant and put the money into things were there is a possible ROI every year to every other year, or if that isn't and option shut it all down and to hell with it at this point.
    Legally not possible, shovel ready jobs must remain accessible even at a loss.

A fact that continues to elude some folks.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Legally not possible, shovel ready jobs must remain accessible even at a loss.
    I am not talking about just WBB I am talking about it all. If we are not going to run athletics like a business and are going to suck at all sports consistently, then drop down to the non-athletic scholarship division. We aren't growing the student population, which is necessary and has said to have been a goal for over a decade(s). So shut it down, restructure and let the Div III student athletes play in front of the 8-10k that show up no matter what.

We aren't moving up the ladder, we are sliding down the chute.

A fact that continues to elude some folks.
    I guess I shouldn't have said never (Connery.. never say never again )

What I would have done if I were Reneau, since there was already a 5 year contract that existed with the LSU football coach at the time.. I know LSU and the ULS systems are different and state law applies to everyone but the corndogs, but offer her the 5 and she either has to take it or not. Then there isn't the excuse they didn't meet her demands... plus the ULS system may have even shot the contract down and then it was the save face out for both Dr. Dan and Pigtails.

They both turned it into the clusterf@vk that it became...... if there was ever a better example of "We Are Louisiana Tech" now watch us shoot ourselves in the foot, I really can't think of it. Maybe there was a fruit basket involved somewhere that we don't know about???

+ Reply to Thread