+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Love dem Techsters!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Love dem Techsters!

I do think they apply to the minor sports which now includes WBB -

I think tennis and softball are the next two HCs that get hired away on the Tech campus

Volleyball is a coach killer here

I don't see Burroughs going anywhere - he is Skip in tights...

Cumbie could be gone after next year

Hester will be Loyd

I want to replace a coach every 4 to 5 years in FB, BB and BS -

If we do, we are winning at a very good clip
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I do think they apply to the minor sports which now includes WBB -

I think tennis and softball are the next two HCs that get hired away on the Tech campus

Volleyball is a coach killer here

I don't see Burroughs going anywhere - he is Skip in tights...

Cumbie could be gone after next year

Hester will be Loyd

I want to replace a coach every 4 to 5 years in FB, BB and BS -

If we do, we are winning at a very good clip
    I have maintained this for years. Tech HAS to stop worrying about coaches being hired away by larger schools. Instead, they should focus on hiring the up-and-coming hot coach that WILL be hired away by a larger school in 4-5 years. Rinse and repeat. Over and over again. This is how you succeed at our level.

I don't want a Holtz who will be here till he retires.

I want a coach who will jump when a school offers 2-3 million a year because they are winning.

Tech has to stop being so scared to replace coaches.

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    I have maintained this for years. Tech HAS to stop worrying about coaches being hired away by larger schools. Instead, they should focus on hiring the up-and-coming hot coach that WILL be hired away by a larger school in 4-5 years. Rinse and repeat. Over and over again. This is how you succeed at our level.

I don't want a Holtz who will be here till he retires.

I want a coach who will jump when a school offers 2-3 million a year because they are winning.

Tech has to stop being so scared to replace coaches.
    And if we do get around to replacing those coaches that don't win or take us to the next level (NCAA tournament, etc), then PLEASE look outside of the state of Louisiana (i.e. instead of Northwestern State, McNeese, etc.) No one will be able to convince me that there aren't young up and comers at some of the major universities (currently asst coaches) that wouldn't want to run their own program and get the necessary experience. Actually do a bona fide search!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

But I like the bowling coach!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread