+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love dem Techsters!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Love dem Techsters!

Keep doing the right things...ya know, like actually coming out for the national anthem.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Love dem Techsters!

The Techsters are our most successful program this academic year. Clearly baseball has imploded.

Go Techsters!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Who would have ever thought we would be a ladies tennis, bowling, and softball school? But here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Who would have ever thought we would be a ladies tennis, bowling, and softball school? But here we are.
    Could be worse, we could suck in those sports too.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Could be worse, we could suck in those sports too.

Some things just take more time

Brooke tweeted how proud she is of her players...they have a cumulative 3.45 GPA, highest among all of Tech's sports, men's and women's. Great!

No, seriously, that is good. After all, they are SUPPOSED to be STUDENT-athletes. And! just one of two Tech teams to have a winning record this past academic year. And some folks want Brooke fired...hmmm.

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

Brooke tweeted how proud she is of her players...they have a cumulative 3.45 GPA, highest among all of Tech's sports, men's and women's. Great!

No, seriously, that is good. After all, they are SUPPOSED to be STUDENT-athletes. And! just one of two Tech teams to have a winning record this past academic year. And some folks want Brooke fired...hmmm.
    I'll be the first to say that yes, I want Brooke fired. Look at the comments on this board regarding football, baseball, basketball, etc. Yes, everyone is glad when the student athletes really do participate in school and actually get a decent GPA, but the focus is on won-loss records, postseason play, etc. Yes, Lady Techsters had a winning record, but who did they play?...... Jarvis Christian, Central Baptist, LSU-A, Mississippi Valley, McNeese. Geez, throw in Cheerleader U and the like and she just about could have won them all. She has yet to win a conference championship (in lowly CUSA), she has never taken them to NCAAs. How many more seasons does she get? I get the argument that no one really cares anymore, but my response is if they would bring in a hungry asst coach from a good program, hopefully we started winning, the program could start to have people that care again. Would it be to the level it was when we all attended (Leon days)? Likely no, but heck, anything is better than it is now. Continuing down this same path with a mediocre coach and hubby will not excite anyone. Look at it this way....... we bring in a hungry asst coach from somewhere other than the state of Louisiana, and let's say he/she doesn't win.......... we are no worse off. The time of giving Brooke and hubby a pass because she was a Lady Techster is long past. Get her out and start over! Until then, continue to accept a dying program and wins against nothing schools.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Perennial underachieving has become the norm for Tech teams. People can get used to losing just like they can get used to anything else. All you have to do is look for little achievements and it’ll be good enough. A surprise win every now and then becomes the trophy for the year.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

How many of you are die hards that will go back to watching women’s ball if they started winning championships again? I grew up in the best time to be a Techster fan. My whole family was so eaten up with womens bball that I watched when they played Tennessee and maybe a couple of other teams. How many are like me and might see 2-3 games a year if they are winning? My point is, I’m not sure winning moves the needle for enough people.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

How many of you are die hards that will go back to watching women’s ball if they started winning championships again? I grew up in the best time to be a Techster fan. My whole family was so eaten up with womens bball that I watched when they played Tennessee and maybe a couple of other teams. How many are like me and might see 2-3 games a year if they are winning? My point is, I’m not sure winning moves the needle for enough people.
    I still try to watch on the rare times it's on The Ocho. Most of those rare times, it's very difficult to watch.

It's not so much that it moves the needle, but at a certain point other demands on my life become strong enough to pull me away. It's difficult to justify spending the effort to watch us go scoreless for 10 minutes.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Easy answer, it’ll never happen. There are Zero championships coming Tech’s way. There simply isn’t the leadership anywhere within Tech to make that happen. Meanwhile everyone else is trying harder so there isn’t even being extremely lucky to fall back on.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

How many of you are die hards that will go back to watching women’s ball if they started winning championships again? I grew up in the best time to be a Tech fan. My whole family was so eaten up with womens bball that I watched when they played Tennessee and maybe a couple of other teams. How many are like me and might see 2-3 games a year if they are winning? My point is, I’m not sure winning moves the needle for enough people.
    Went to Tech 1987-1992 - with two degrees. Watched them win the first two NCAA championships on CBS (only had four channels back then) Had a blast watching Tech in almost all sports. WBB, MBB (still remember the heartbreaking loss to Waymon Tisdale in OT), football, WSB, and MBaseball were the cream of the crop. Most ranked every year. I saw some amazing things happen in the WAC, but I have to say, with new generations of admins who didn't care about Tech, just padding their resume, we've fallen to new lows. TJE went to Auburn, Mulkey went to Baylor and then LSU, and rinse and repeat. Blame it on geography, or what ever your want. Hell Centenary was GREAT in MBB back in the day. Money pays the bills, and those that have it, make it sing. We don't have the money, and until we can find that well, we will be dry.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Wow! Dawg80, did you notice how quickly your simple positive expression of appreciation about the behavior of the Lady Techsters turned to doom and gloom?

I have lost most (all?) interest in sports in general, at least to the point where I actually care about wins-losses. I watch sports some, not nearly as much as I used to, and can take it or leave it. I try to focus on the entertainment value of it and just enjoy it instead of getting all bent out of shape over results.

Universities are dinosaurs, barely hanging on to what they have been, and are still trying to remain such. Times have changed and are changing even more. The role played by colleges is no longer needed. The least important aspects of college will disappear first. Colleges will have to change with the times if they hope to survive. In public colleges taxpayers are largely footing the bill. How does one defend a hard-working taxpayer supporting some kid from out-of-state, from a foreign country, getting a "free ride" at a state college just so they can play some non-revenue sport, like tennis, soccer, water polo, golf, and even really, revenue sports like MBB and football?

At the end of the day, how is the world affected by a Techster win? by a Techster loss? Neither matters...

So, for now, at least have some results that actually mean something. Brooke has always run a clean program, she did so at NSU and is doing so at Tech. So, as long as the college system exists, 'ships just so some kids get to play a game, might as well channel into as positive a result as possible. As opposed to LSU football where worthless thugs play the system hoping to land a $million(s) contract in the pros.

That said, sure, I hope the Techsters win something! Just as long as integrity is not sacrificed to get there.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I have lost most (all?) interest in sports in general, at least to the point where I actually care about wins-losses. I watch sports some, not nearly as much as I used to, and can take it or leave it. I try to focus on the entertainment value of it and just enjoy it instead of getting all bent out of shape over results.

Universities are dinosaurs, barely hanging on to what they have been, and are still trying to remain such. Times have changed and are changing even more. The role played by colleges is no longer needed. The least important aspects of college will disappear first. Colleges will have to change with the times if they hope to survive. In public colleges taxpayers are largely footing the bill. How does one defend a hard-working taxpayer supporting some kid from out-of-state, from a foreign country, getting a "free ride" at a state college just so they can play some non-revenue sport, like tennis, soccer, water polo, golf, and even really, revenue sports like MBB and football?

At the end of the day, how is the world affected by a Techster win? by a Techster loss? Neither matters...

So, for now, at least have some results that actually mean something. Brooke has always run a clean program, she did so at NSU and is doing so at Tech. So, as long as the college system exists, 'ships just so some kids get to play a game, might as well channel into as positive a result as possible. As opposed to LSU football where worthless thugs play the system hoping to land a $million(s) contract in the pros.

That said, sure, I hope the Techsters win something! Just as long as integrity is not sacrificed to get there.
    I'm kinda in the same boat as you are -

I don't lose sleep, it doesn't bother me or bring me down if they lose or give great joy when they win

Football same - as well as basketball and baseball

I'd rather play golf on Saturdays now and if I make the game, I make the game

Basketball - last year about done me in with the staff - as a college basketball fan it was a hard watch

Baseball - I try to make the Friday night games each home stand, then if I make the others I do but I don't block out my schedule like I used to

I will NEVER give a dime to a TECH NIL collective - I'd rather we drop to FCS - and I'm sure that there a lot of fans that feel the same way I do
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread