+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ya know...

Hybrid View

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    No matter your ideology, your party (or lack thereof), how you feel about the issues or the candidates...

democracy kicks ass!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I second that.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I've been excited about this all day! Its better than watching a football game! And, I got laughed at by one of my friends when I confessed that I always vote very early in case I meet and early demise I don't want to miss my chance to vote - I've even voted absentee just in case (g) and I'm not even old!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Yeah, it's been an interesting night so far. I'm disappointed in Arkansas voting another Pryor in as our senator. I'm not surprised though. Looks like Fletcher is going to make the run-off in La. and it looks like a 2 woman race in the senate. Got to keep a close watch on Missouri, South Dakota and Minnesota. We may not know anything on those until tomorrow.

Just heard on FOX News that the La. senate race is grandfathered in somehow with regards to campaign finance reform which means there is no limit on soft money that can be spent on this race. If control of the senate rides on this one, there will be records set as far as the money spent is concerned.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg
    No matter your ideology, your party (or lack thereof), how you feel about the issues or the candidates...

democracy kicks ass!
    I agree.

However, you should realize that the U.S. is not a Democracy but rather a Republic.

Republic: a state in which the soveriegn power of the government is vested in representatives chosen by the people

Democracy: a state directly ruled by the people.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Aw yeah, I know as a gov't, we've got a representative republic, and not a democracy in its truest manifestation...

BUT, supreme power is still excercised and maintained by the people...

And also, I had about 15 things on my ballot yesterday that were bascially in the form of 'Issue: you want it or not?' Everybody voted, we counted it up, and the side with the most votes got to call it...

Semantics aside, democracy still kicks ass.

+ Reply to Thread