+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Senate Runoff

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I was in L.A. (lower Arkansas) last week and caught an ad run by the democratic party critical of Suzanne Terrell and her handling of voting machines and taking outside money, something to that effect. Now I hear Terrell saying she was threatened by Landrieu after the last debate they had. Things are really heating up. If the election doesn't hurry up and get here they might put on the gloves and get in the ring.

Any of you got any feel for how things are shaking out? I haven't heard anything up here on any polling. I did hear that the President was going to be in Louisiana later this week I believe.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Polls have Terrell leading, but its within the margin of error I think. Its going to be close. This runoff could've probably been conducted the next day - nobody will change their mind I don't think! Oh well, guess that gives us some time to let the outside money flow into the tv, radio and newspaper for advertising - and guess that filters down to some hotel rooms, restaurants as well with all of the outsiders w/ the campaigns coming to the state.

The way I see it, people that like President Bush and want his agenda to be put forward in Washington will vote for Terrell. Those that don't like him or want things to just be left status quo will vote for Landrieu. That didn't take these weeks for people to decide!

In case there's somebody that doesn't know which side I'm on, I'm wanting President Bush to have every single thing he wants as fast as he wants it. So, I'll be pulling the Terrell lever happily!!!!!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Sounds like it's going down to the wire. Is the election next week?
    BTW, I'm a Bush backer also and hope Terrell pulls it out.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    The election is a week from Saturday - too long away.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Have any of y'all been getting calls from the candidates???

BOTH sides have been ringing my phone off the hook, it seems. And I've been getting lots of those slick mailers from the national parties. Maybe the word got out that I'm a swing voter...

The worst -- Sunday. I'm trying to watch the Saints lose. Phone rings, and it's a recording of Billy Freeking Tauzin telling me who to vote for -- perfectly timed with a AB interception. My phone almost went into the yard.

I'll know if either candidate calls me it's desperation time since I live in Arkansas. Who knows though, stranger things can happen. I was a registered voter in La. 25 years ago. Maybe I could vote absentee.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg
    Have any of y'all been getting calls from the candidates???

BOTH sides have been ringing my phone off the hook, it seems. And I've been getting lots of those slick mailers from the national parties. Maybe the word got out that I'm a swing voter...

The worst -- Sunday. I'm trying to watch the Saints lose. Phone rings, and it's a recording of Billy Freeking Tauzin telling me who to vote for -- perfectly timed with a AB interception. My phone almost went into the yard.
    I've gotten lots of mail from the Republican Senatorial Campaign and from Terrell and not once piece of mail at all from Landrieu - perhaps she got the word that she'd be wasting her money (too bad!).

I've had a lot more calls during the day (show up on caller ID, but I've not been home) that I'm assuming are political calls. I'm on that "no call" list and its worked pretty well, but I think political campaigns can call even if you're on the "no call" list. Of course, before the primary I got a call from the man, President George W. Bush, on my answering machine. I'm so disappointed I missed HIS call (wink wink).

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    I'm on that "no call" list and its worked pretty well, but I think political campaigns can call even if you're on the "no call" list.

Yup, the 'Do Not Call' thing doesn't count for political calling. Imagine that.

Massah Foster left me a message Saturday. Only thing, he was calling me from a 774 area code. Wonder what he was doing up in Massachusetts. Do they have good duck huntin up there? :wink:

ArkDawg, I think you have a case. I mean, you have voted in LA at some point in the past, no? And if you still lived here, you'd vote, right? Call Suzanne Terrel and ask her -- she's the Commish of Elections. She might let you slide. :idea:

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Out of state voters can only vote in Louisiana if they are a registered Democrat and can produce their own death certificate.

Well that leaves me out. I could come closer to producing my death certificate than proving I'm a democrat. Oh well.

Just in case I kick the bucket before Saturday I voted last Saturday! Actually, if I do end up in Ruston on Thursday night I'm not sure I'll be back in Baton Rouge before Saturday.

+ Reply to Thread