+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preview: LA Tech vs. FIU Series

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. FIU Series

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    A fan base! Is that what you call yourselves? You all appear to me to be the perpetual criticize, condemn and complain club. And, yes, it is highly possible that prospective athletes/transfers take advantage of every opportunity available to them to learn everything they can about the attitudes of those that express interest (positive or negative) about a school's athletic programs. And for the edification of us all, perhaps you can expand on your statement, "Any athlete/prospective athlete influenced by talk on a fan forum is weak." How so? I fail to see any correlation.
    Then if any prospective player or current player gets feeling hurt from complaints or criticism, then they need to stop playing sports. Every team, at every level has people who complain, even the PROS.. It is just people who are passionate about their teams. LSU, A&M, Ole Miss, UT, Baylor, OU all have people who complain on their respective message boards.. That's just reality.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Yep Tech beat a bad team at home in good fashion as we expect them too with a good many players playing like we need them to. Let’s hope this weekend will be a lasting change in direction for these Dawgs. The team is yet to win 4 in a row so here’s hoping USM becomes a big stepping stone towards a serious run into the second half of the season.

It seems clear to me that Burroughs got the team’s attention after the embarrassing second loss to ULM. I’m not sure how far he had to go beyond his dugout F bomb and losing his voice but I’m fairly certain it was every bit as passionate as what the fans here want.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

One game vs USM and three against DBU this week. I would be thrilled to go 2-2 in those 4 games.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

The next five games are against USM and DBU -

This is the make or break stretch...

I'm not holding my breath
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I doubt USM will waste any pitching since we can’t help them in RPI. We deserve to lose that one because we scheduled it to begin with. Winning one in Dallas will be a positive

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Everyone I know of praised the team and coaches the last two years. This team was picked to win conference this year. What happened. Enjoy your mediocrity.
    So, because I refuse to participate in the CCC Club that permeates this forum, I crave mediocrity. Maybe we should tab you guys as fair weather fans. When the team wins, there is usually ZERO comment out of you guys. Does that mean that you are disappointed with a win? One poster accused you guys of that very habit. It appears that whoever did the preseason picking made a gross error. I also remember how unhappy you whiners were that TMAC picked a baseball coach to replace SIM from the wrong side of the tracks. But when LB enjoyed some success you guys were very quick to get out front and lead the parade just as you mentioned in your quote above. Now that some stormy seas are being encountered you just as quickly are ready to lower the lifeboats and abandon ship. It is very difficult to bellyache about a winning team, and you need failure to be able to display what you perceive to be your astute armchair coaching ability. All of you negatives have the answers on how to fix the situation, but some of us notice that your solutions are always presented after the fact and not before.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

So, because I refuse to participate in the CCC Club that permeates this forum, I crave mediocrity. Maybe we should tab you guys as fair weather fans. When the team wins, there is usually ZERO comment out of you guys. Does that mean that you are disappointed with a win? One poster accused you guys of that very habit. It appears that whoever did the preseason picking made a gross error. I also remember how unhappy you whiners were that TMAC picked a baseball coach to replace SIM from the wrong side of the tracks. But when LB enjoyed some success you guys were very quick to get out front and lead the parade just as you mentioned in your quote above. Now that some stormy seas are being encountered you just as quickly are ready to lower the lifeboats and abandon ship. It is very difficult to bellyache about a winning team, and you need failure to be able to display what you perceive to be your astute armchair coaching ability. All of you negatives have the answers on how to fix the situation, but some of us notice that your solutions are always presented after the fact and not before.
    I expressed doubts about LB when he was first hired. He had been HC at NSU for some 5 years and often had the pre-season favorite and especially the pre-tourney favorite and he was, as I recall, something like 0-10 having never even won a SLC tournament game. (I might be off on that 0-10). He went to the NCAAs as an assistant coach at USM, but never, prior to coming to Tech, as a HC. And even the past two years I have sometimes questioned his coaching decisions...although I didn't have to post too much since there have been others posting "concerns" and I didn't need to pile on.

LB was hired to replace Goff, who had righted the ship some before he left for greener (cha-ching$$) pastures.

In the bigger picture as it pertains to fan forums...HELLO! We are FANatics. I can cuss, cheer, cuss again, compliment, criticize my favorite teams' coaches and players and all in a span of no more than 10 minutes! It's the emotional part of being a fan.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Anyone who has been to a Burroughs coached game knows what he’s going to do in any given situation. His MO is consistent regardless of how the season is going.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

A fan base! Is that what you call yourselves? You all appear to me to be the perpetual criticize, condemn and complain club. And, yes, it is highly possible that prospective athletes/transfers take advantage of every opportunity available to them to learn everything they can about the attitudes of those that express interest (positive or negative) about a school's athletic programs. And for the edification of us all, perhaps you can expand on your statement, "Any athlete/prospective athlete influenced by talk on a fan forum is weak." How so? I fail to see any correlation.
    Hey dipshit! We went to all three games this weekend. We spend around $1500 per year for two tickets (including LTAC). We were told we'd have more home games this year than usual. Not true if you consider several Sunday games that were listed at 1:00, but played at 11:00. That's what you call false advertising dipshit! Question our fandom if you please, but FYI, I got an email from one of your dipshit, idiot, over achieving Tech employees who claimed to be LB, but was really just another dipshit like you. He (L.B.) told me that they won this weekend and how great they are and that they need me to give more money. These dipshits like you are the problem, not the answer. I bet our AD and our president are proud of their fellow dipshits. Good grief!

Monty Hogg
    West Monroe, La.

Sick of this crap!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Yet, you’re here posting. You seem to be doing as much complaining as anyone.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by friscodog View Post
    then if any prospective player or current player gets feeling hurt from complaints or criticism, then they need to stop playing sports. Every team, at every level has people who complain, even the pros.. It is just people who are passionate about their teams. Lsu, a&m, ole miss, ut, baylor, ou all have people who complain on their respective message boards.. That's just reality.
    all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Hey dipshit! We went to all three games this weekend. We spend around $1500 per year for two tickets (including LTAC). We were told we'd have more home games this year than usual. Not true if you consider several Sunday games that were listed at 1:00, but played at 11:00. That's what you call false advertising dipshit! Question our fandom if you please, but FYI, I got an email from one of your dipshit, idiot, over achieving Tech employees who claimed to be LB, but was really just another dipshit like you. He (L.B.) told me that they won this weekend and how great they are and that they need me to give more money. These dipshits like you are the problem, not the answer. I bet our AD and our president are proud of their fellow dipshits. Good grief!

Monty Hogg
    West Monroe, La.

Sick of this crap!
    You must be a glutton for punishment if you choose to subject yourself to the unhappiness that you described above over the course of 20 or so home games. Oh! It appears that you misspelled dip-shit.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

You must be a glutton for punishment if you choose to subject yourself to the unhappiness that you described above over the course of 20 or so home games. Oh! It appears that you misspelled dip-shit.
    Opinion:
    This board sucks mud now-a-days
    Where's that "if you want a thread to die" .......... at least we have that going.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Opinion:
    This board sucks mud now-a-days
    Where's that "if you want a thread to die" .......... at least we have that going.
    If you want a board to die, don't fix the bug that blocks new members

+ Reply to Thread