+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tucker quits FOX

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Tucker quits FOX

Tucker Carlson has quit. He was not fired or forced out, per se. He was preparing to address the lawsuit on his show tonight and was told by FOX producers not to. Tucker refused to agree and said he would quit before agreeing not to speak on the lawsuit. FOX stood its ground so Tucker quit. This will impact FOX's viewership numbers.

Meanwhile, CNN should see a slight boost in its ratings as Don Lemon was fired by the network.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Tucker quits FOX

FOX = coward decision makers

Still some good peeps there, but it's easy to spot the turds.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Tucker Carlson has quit. He was not fired or forced out, per se. He was preparing to address the lawsuit on his show tonight and was told by FOX producers not to. Tucker refused to agree and said he would quit before agreeing not to speak on the lawsuit. FOX stood its ground so Tucker quit. This will impact FOX's viewership numbers.

Meanwhile, CNN should see a slight boost in its ratings as Don Lemon was fired by the network.
    I'm curious where you have seen this? I haven't seen it anywhere and did see where Tucker hired an attorney- presumably to go after FOX. Where are you seeing that he quit?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I'm curious where you have seen this? I haven't seen it anywhere and did see where Tucker hired an attorney- presumably to go after FOX. Where are you seeing that he quit?
    He walked away rather than allow the FOX swampers to control his narrative

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Of course, Tucker quit before he could be fired. It's that saying, "You can't fire me, I quit!" Clearly, they were at an impasse and no way was Tucker going to agree to change the script for his show.

Tucker appeared on a podcast (this morning, I believe it was, if not than last night). He did a "scorched Earth" on all big media and the elites who control it all. This and his very recent comments at the Heritage Foundation's convention, spells out quite starkly, his views on FOX and all media outlets...what we call "The Swamp." On the podcast he roasted the elites, the oligarchy that is well, the world in which we live. It includes billionaires (not just Soros), politicians, and certainly media moguls.

Back around 1912 a book, entitled "The Shadow of Power" was published spelling out the powers-that-be who control everything across the world. (yes, of course, even they lose temporary control at times, in places when some political ruler goes rogue). That book focused on the big banks. It is a fascinating read...and of course the book disappeared from libraries and is out of print. An acquaintance loaned me his copy...with serious stipulations...that he had inherited from his father who had inherited it from his father. Basically, the big banks finance everything, including the start of wars, and thus they control everything.

Note: this is not the 1988 publication of the book "The Shadows of Power" which focuses on international diplomacy and politics.

Tucker now needs to start his own network, and bring "the great one" Mark Levin with him.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I don't know. Every report says he was fired. He hired an attorney today- probably to go after them. I guess it will be interesting when it all comes out. I expect Tucker is going to get richer and FOX to not off of the actions they took. I don't think he quit. I don't think he knew it was coming since they were working to negotiate a contract through 2029 at the time.
    Last edited by Cal&Ken; 04-25-2023 at 08:45 PM.

I don't know. Every report says he was fired. He hired an attorney today- probably to go after them. I guess it will be interesting when it all comes out. I expect Tucker is going to get richer and FOX to not off of the actions they took. I don't think he quit. I don't think he knew it was coming since they were working to negotiate a contract through 2029 at the time.
    Things changed over the weekend. The lawsuit settled. Many believe that Tucker leaving was part of that deal. All FOX had to do was to demand Tucker give an apology on Monday. Of course he refused and walked away. Also the Ray Epps crap that came out over the weekend on 60 Minutes played a part in all this as well.

There is this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ito=msngallery

Might be semantics, but it does appear from this article that Tucker was fired. But, as I previously mentioned, it appears he was given an ultimatum if he wanted to save his job and he refused to agree to it.

Interesting comments from several officials at the Pentagon.

I also posted I disagreed with Tucker, and Laura Ingram as well, on his take on the Ukraine war. Tucker was always "over the top" on all his opinions and how he conducted his shows. Most of the time, like 90%, I agreed with him and was glad to see someone unafraid to tell it like it is. Of course, that means stomping on people's toes and makes you enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    There is this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ito=msngallery

Might be semantics, but it does appear from this article that Tucker was fired. But, as I previously mentioned, it appears he was given an ultimatum if he wanted to save his job and he refused to agree to it.

Interesting comments from several officials at the Pentagon.

I also posted I disagreed with Tucker, and Laura Ingram as well, on his take on the Ukraine war. Tucker was always "over the top" on all his opinions and how he conducted his shows. Most of the time, like 90%, I agreed with him and was glad to see someone unafraid to tell it like it is. Of course, that means stomping on people's toes and makes you enemies.
    I think it helps him to be fired rather than quit. That's why I was curious where you were seeing it. Comments made indicate he was fired and this certainly does as well. Sure, he may have refused to apologize, but everything seems to point to they wanted him gone and maybe taking FOX news move away from the hard-line conservative views to sell it. I think he will end up making a lot more money (not that he needs it) without FOX. He is over the top, but had a huge following for sure. They will follow to whatever podcast, station or wherever he ends up.

I think a lot of things he said in the speech were upsetting to the RINO sect. Nothing he said was "over the top".

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I think a lot of things he said in the speech were upsetting to the RINO sect. Nothing he said was "over the top".
    If this "over the top" comment is aimed at me, first, I did not tie that to his Heritage Foundation speech; instead, I was referring to how he conducted himself on his show...sometimes.

My favorite commentators to listen to are Make Levin and Victor Davis Hanson. They deliver well thought-out, fact-based opinions and do so in a quiet, confident manner. Although "the great one" can get his blood pressure up sometimes.

BTW, what is the scoop on Dan Bongino's firing? Haven't heard a peep.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I agree he was upsetting people. Our opinion on "over the top" may differ, but in my opinion, that is why he had a huge following. He said things no one else would, in a way no one else would. I like him, and think he has a place to keep people from getting away with continued crap. I am guessing he will continue to have a huge following and FOX will be harmed financially.

Same sort of thing with Bongino. They asked him to tone it down. He told him goodbye

+ Reply to Thread