+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tucker quits FOX

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Tucker quits FOX

Is Tucker heading to NewsMax? That's the rumor. It's already the most conservative network and will pick up HUGE viewership numbers with the addition of Tucker. Now, if they can also get Mark Levin, then wow!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Is Tucker heading to NewsMax? That's the rumor. It's already the most conservative network and will pick up HUGE viewership numbers with the addition of Tucker. Now, if they can also get Mark Levin, then wow!
    I haven't seen that, but the headlines that popped up when I got on-line yesterday said that Tucker Carlson's career was in shambles. That could not be further from the truth- stupid people will believe that headline though.lol I saw where OAN reached out to him, but I can't imagine they could afford him without some creative contract terms.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I predict he becomes the new Joe Rogan, but PG instead of R. I don’t believe he will commit to any network.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I predict he becomes the new Joe Rogan, but PG instead of R. I don’t believe he will commit to any network.
    I agree - no reason to commit when you can control your own. He already has the following needed.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Tucker gets an offer.

Valuetainment, a conservative network, has offered $100 million salary (over 5 years), ownership shares in the company, a seat on the executive board to guide programming, etc.. and his choice of TV timeslots, podcasts, whatever! Tucker has not responded, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Tucker gets an offer.

Valuetainment, a conservative network, has offered $100 million salary (over 5 years), ownership shares in the company, a seat on the executive board to guide programming, etc.. and his choice of TV timeslots, podcasts, whatever! Tucker has not responded, yet.
    Wow, we could all hope for our careers to be "in shambles" as his is.lol FOX and Anheuser-Busch have mistakenly believed people would adhere to their wishes. It's nice to see people saying NO.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

He was not fired.

FOX is refusing to release him from his contract and will continue attempts to try to destroy him with these petty releases they keep leaking.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

He was not fired.

FOX is refusing to release him from his contract and will continue attempts to try to destroy him with these petty releases they keep leaking.
    With his non-compete they could keep him off the air until January, 2025.

From their standpoint it would be better to pay him and keep him off the air rather than allow him to bring another network, like NewsMax, to another level of viewership during a presidential election year.

He was not fired.

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    With his non-compete they could keep him off the air until January, 2025.

From their standpoint it would be better to pay him and keep him off the air rather than allow him to bring another network, like NewsMax, to another level of viewership during a presidential election year.
    FOX is still paying Tucker his huge salary? Wow! Tucker should take some time to travel and enjoy life a little. And! start outlining the next phase of his career in preparation of the FOX contract expiring.

Now, if he has a non-compete clause, which I think he does, and it is for 2 years, then I think that 2-year window wouldn't start until the contract expires, effectively buying FOX up to 4 years to right their ship. Yes, I agree, Tucker needs to end up at NewsMax, and take Mark Levin with him. I already watch NewsMax more than I watch FOX. And NewsMax needs to dig deep into their pockets to make Tucker, and Mark Levin, happen for them.

Now, on the non-compete clause. Depending on how it was worded it might hinge on who caused the separation. I had to engage in non-compete clauses before, but mine always read I could not engage in competitive practice if I voluntarily left the company. If I was the cause of the separation the NC clause kicked in, but if the company terminated me, for whatever reason, the NC clause was rendered moot. I would think most, if not all, such clauses would be worded that way.

I still like, and watch FOX. Even with all this mess they still trump the goofy lamestream networks...with the exception of their position on Ukraine. CNN is killing FOX on the coverage of Ukraine, and it is not even close. But, FOX smashes CNN and the others on just about everything else, like the economy, immigration, the criminal Bidens, etc...

Just released:

Now the story is FOX and Tucker "parted ways" as they could not agree on the terms of a contract extension. Lachlan Murdock, son of Rupert, and Vice-chairman of FOX, is said to have made the decision to let Tucker go. And yes, there was enormous pressure from the outside, including from Senator McConnell, a close, personal friend of Rupert Murdock and who advised him it was in the best interest of FOX to severe relations with the "controversial" Carlson. Internally, it is claimed that no one at FOX, outside of his personal staff, liked Carlson and all celebrated his departure.

Same is being said about Dan Bongino, he and FOX could not agree on terms for a contract extension.

Now...this may all be a face-saving way of trying to spin it. FOX is trying to pick up the pieces, post Tucker and Dan, and try to rebuild a dwindling viewership. But, if none of this is true, I would expect Carlson and Bongino to go public and dispute it. We shall see.

FOX = RINO = Democrats = Liars

FOX = RINO = Democrats = Liars
    That's painting with too broad a brush. FOX has relentlessly gone after the criminal Bidens, the double-standard democraps/lamestream media, shined the light of truth on the border crisis, etc..so, no, I reject that overly simplistic view of FOX. Not to say FOX doesn't have some issues, but it's not that bad.

FOX, other than a few, have always believed the election was not rigged and that January 6 was real. They hate Trump

FOX, other than a few, have always believed the election was not rigged and that January 6 was real. They hate Trump
    If by "they" you mean Rupert Murdock and his closest confidants, then yeah, most likely. But overall, most of the hosts and their staffs and the rank & file at FOX are standing with Trump. But then this brings up another part of the equation. Can someone dislike Trump personally, yet support him as POTUS because of what he has done and what he can do for the nation? I think so.

Tucker is in talks with Elon Musk to do something together. But, yeah, it's reported that FOX intends to hold Tucker hostage to his 2-years left on his contract to the tune of $20 million per year. Tucker has hired lawyers said to be tough and successful in cases like this. Already his legal team has released a statement that FOX cannot violate Tucker's 1st Amendment rights, which means maybe Tucker can/will go on the air "for free" for another network and just allow FOX to continue to pay him. That works!

FOX is only making this worse for themselves. Much better to rip the band aid off and move on TRYING to rebuild the network. It is still very much salvageable because the competition is just stupid libtard lamestream media and NewsMax has a long way to go to even approach FOX in viewership. But FOX is digging the hole deeper with each passing day.

+ Reply to Thread