+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CONROY COMES TO GROWL

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar
    THURSDAY NIGHT NOV. 7
    DAWGHOUSE SPORTS GRIL RUSTON
    "THE BULLDOG GROWL RADIO SHOW"
    COACH CONROY HINES JOINS COACH BICK ON "GROWL"
    COME JOIN IN WITH YOUR QUESTIONS AT THE DAWGHOUSE
    OR CALL IN QUESTIONS TO 1-800-638-1075
    EMAIL YOUR QUESTIONS IN ADVANCE TO BUDDY OR DWAYNE
    LISTEN ON KXKZ -- Z-107.5 OR ON THE INTERNET AT
    WWW.Z1075FM.COM GO TO SPORTS LIVE BUTTON

O.K. GUYS AND GIRLS HEREEEEEEEE'S YOUR OFFENSIVE CO.
    LET'S SHOW UP WITH FUN AND QUESTIONS OR CALL EM IN.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Tell him I think he should eat a tablespoon of Tabasco every time he calls for a bubble screen on 3rd & 9. HA!!! :lol:

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Tell him I think he should eat a tablespoon of Tabasco every time he calls for a bubble screen on 3rd & 9. HA!!! :lol:
    Did you happen to see how effective Green Bay was last night with that play though? At times I thought Conroy was on the sidelines! But the set it up and executed it PERFECTLY when they used it!

TDF (Chris)

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    [quote:ac772653e7="Champ967"]Tell him I think he should eat a tablespoon of Tabasco every time he calls for a bubble screen on 3rd & 9. HA!!! :lol:
    Did you happen to see how effective Green Bay was last night with that play though? At times I thought Conroy was on the sidelines! But the set it up and executed it PERFECTLY when they used it!

TDF (Chris)[/quote:ac772653e7]

i don't think most people realize how effective WE are with that play. it probably averages 10 yards per attempt. the key is that each time it is a little different. we don't notice the difference in the stands, so we think it is poor playcalling, but if you were on the field trying to defend it, you would know the difference. like it or not, that play is a fairly safe play that usually gets us the yards we need. everyone notices when it doesn't work, but it has been very successful most of the time. also, no one seems to complain when dj curry takes it 55 yards for a touchdown off that play (which admittedly hasn't happened nearly as much as i expected this year).

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I think those might have been JBs calls? Apparently his tinkering was more of the problem based on the performance at Nevada. Does anyone really think smu or rice's D was better than Nevada's-no they all 3 were horrible. Everyone who blasted him and called for his head to be cut off after 3 games and called him a no good coach and yada, yada should apologize. How can you have success when you aren't the one calling the shots? That said you shouldn't take all of the criticism when things don't go right. I'll take 50 points any week against anybody.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar
    yea I think it was bicks fault.

didn't he have a little problem like this in 2000?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    No -

I think it was more of not having a qb to start the season who could make plays - against anyone...

You could see definite improvement in that season from game to game on the offensive side of the ball once Luke was named the starting qb...

Puppy bulldawg1192 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldawg1192 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldawg1192 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldawg1192 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldawg1192 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldawg1192 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldawg1192 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldawg1192 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldawg1192 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldawg1192 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldawg1192 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time bulldawg1192's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    [quote:7a7a4fb5b5="Champ967"]Tell him I think he should eat a tablespoon of Tabasco every time he calls for a bubble screen on 3rd & 9. HA!!! :lol:

TDF (Chris)[/quote:7a7a4fb5b5]

Green Bay wasn't running bubble screens. They were running RB screens, with offensive lineman and TEs pulling to lead the way.

A bubble screen is a WR screen where you have WRs blocking and sometimes a TE or OL.

Green Bay's success came from evry well exectued RB screens.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    The bubble screen or I call it a slip screen works very well when executed properly. We run it very well sometimes, other times we don't. It seems to work really well with Tramission Davis catching the ball. Last year it was DJ.

It seems that most of the short yardage passing disasters that I have seen this year was when we throw horizontal to the WR and he is tackled immediately. I have never seen this play work well on a consisitent basis with any team. If we had receivers that could break a tackle, then it might work.

+ Reply to Thread